Trailer Trash

WS crew Report (Read 42 times)

Ultra Cowboy

WYBMADIITY

Save

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Impressive! Thanks for the great crewing report, and congrats to Lori.

Your summary shows how many people work hard for a runner to finish the Western States.

Do you have any idea how many runners started (you mentioned 106 DNF'd)?

Run for fun.

Ultra Cowboy

383 Starters, 277 Finishers = 72% Finish Rate

WYBMADIITY

Save

Great report!  By the end I couldn't wait to see how Lori and Gregg did.  So glad they both made it!, and Gregg with only 18 seconds to spare!

I've been aid station captain at ALT (mile 85 of WSER) for 2 years and I loved hearing your feedback on the aid stations.  We have pasta, quesadillas, pancakes, popsicles, and a couple kinds of soup at ALT but now I'm thinking maybe we need smoothies for next year!

If you don't crew, you could consider volunteering at an aid station. Seeing the runners come through at all hours of the night is really incredible and moving.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice report Rocky.. A lot of responsibility lies on the crews hands.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Gatsby, If I don't have a runner next year I'll definitely do an aid station.  My Buddy Kirk runs the Robie point aid station.  He actually LIVES in Auburn Lake Trails.  The popsicles were welcome at the awards.  Man it was hot.  I'll ask Ericka and Lori about the Quesadillas.  I think Ericka couldn't believe she ate one.  She said is sure hit the spot though.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Watoni

Humbling ... I do not put in enough hours to ask anyone to do that for me, but what an experience and a gift to the runner!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice report- it opened my eyes to how much goes on behind the scenes in a 100 mile race, sounds amazingly well choreographed (and chaotic! Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Rocky, and thanks for the report.  Looks like you had a very rewarding 30 hours.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!