Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

The pooch and I had a great four mile trail run once again. It was warm and raining. The pollen has kicked up another notch.  It is very warm now, but supposed to drop into the 20's tonight.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

I woke up to 3 inches of fresh snow, yuck. I hit the treadmill for 8 miles, yuck. What a crappy way to start a day.

I woke up to 3 inches of fresh snow, yuck. I hit the treadmill for 8 miles, yuck. What a crappy way to start a day.

I can't really relate; I love running trails in the snow.  I do sympathize on the dreadmill thing though.  I'd give up running before I'd resort to that Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning.  But I did get up in the middle of the night to see the moon, crystal clear night sky.  In Texas football terms, I was expecting the Texas Tech colors, but it was more like UT.

I plan to run at lunch today.  The weather is really nice here at the moment, cool and dry.

Sorry about you guys with the lingering snow.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

I just got back from 9 trail miles in the mountains. My legs aren't quite where they need to be so I guess I might cut back on distance and intensity for a few days.

No new snow here, but its been COLD for the last two mornings. The weather guys says it's about to warm up. I hope he's right.

I hope y'all have an excellent day.

Gator eye

I can't really relate; I love running trails in the snow.  I do sympathize on the dreadmill thing though.  I'd give up running before I'd resort to that Smile

I'm usually not so easily pushed to the TM either but I had some new shoe I wanted to try with the option of returning and I didn't want to yuck them up before I had a chance to try them out.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hit the woods this am for an almost 6.  I slept on the couch so I could see the moon through the window.  It was so bright.  I also got up at 12:20 and the moon was blury with a tinit of red.  A little disappointing, look better earlier.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles all on single track trails.  Thunderstorm rolled in with 2 miles to go and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees.  People make fun of me for running with my pack almost all the time, but hey it sure was nice to pull out my wind vest to keep me somewhat warm for the last 2 miles.

Rain last night, so no moon.  Now snow in forecast for tonight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

60*,rain heavy at times, 16.2 miles and found an awesome new trail, despite my dead legs it was a great run!

QOTD Do you like running through water puddles?

I noticed last week when  I was running on a bike path that I ran through every water puddle I could. I guess I'm a kid like that , but my excuse was i'm toughening my feet up for  running through creeks.

Daydreamer1

A yucky, rainy day outside. I missed my gym day last week and DS said he wants to go tonight so I think I'm going to bag an outside run and head to the gym with him. Get in some serious lifting and a gentle run on the TM.

QOTD: If they are easy to avoid I'll find myself avoiding them. If not I plow right through and once my feet are wet it doesn't bother me again.

AT-runner

Tim

60*,rain heavy at times, 16.2 miles and found an awesome new trail, despite my dead legs it was a great run!

QOTD Do you like running through water puddles?

I noticed last week when  I was running on a bike path that I ran through every water puddle I could. I guess I'm a kid like that , but my excuse was i'm toughening my feet up for  running through creeks.

Muppy - looks like you've been getting in some awesome mileage.  What do you have coming up?

QOTD: Depends on the weather and how far I'm into my run.   If it's really cold out, I'll avoid the wet feet.  Early on in a long run, I'll probably go around.  In warm weather, or later in a long run, I run right through them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Muppy - looks like you've been getting in some awesome mileage.  What do you have coming up?

I'm planning on the 50K at the Dirty German as long as I stay healthy.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: Depends on the weather and how far I'm into my run.   If it's really cold out, I'll avoid the wet feet.  Early on in a long run, I'll probably go around.  In warm weather, or later in a long run, I run right through them.

+1 to this^^

jonferg67

Endless trails

I bagged a bike ride this morning and did a leg/core workout instead. I'm chompin at the bit to go for

a run and test my calf, but it's only been 3 days since my last failed test so I'm exercising self-control.

QOTD: I avoid them unles its already raining and I'm already wet. I broke through the ice this winter within

a mile of a LR and the frosty cold feet was not pleasant, but that wasn't intentional.

Watoni

Probably a ride today after work, trying for a run tomorrow am (go big or go home)

QOTD: Depends on the run. If they are going to get wet anyway, I do not worry about going around. On some runs, getting feet wet is just part of it (like the Na Pali coast in Kauai or any beach). I will admit I tend to run in five fingers in those instances.