Trailer Trash

Not running related at all, just good food - Which Pie?? (Read 60 times)

runtraildc

Actually, this would be a great idea, to have some pie for our team at an aid station. You think this is within the rules?

I'm pretty sure that it is 'yes' (the AS captain had a special treat last year for a friend). Just depends on whether that you can extend for a team.  I'll check when I have an assigned AS

NorthernHarrier

Along the pie theme I just ordered a huge jar of Huckleberry pie filling. DW thinks I'm insane but she has never had one. My daughter and I are pretty excited. Wish I could grow those berry things at Wi. elevation. I envy  Warden and Sugnim out there. Anyway I have 3-4 pies comin' up in my immediate future. Very cool.

Simple pleasures for simple minds.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

That sounds very good. Hope the pies will come out great.

We have Huckleberry trees in the neighborhood, growing "wild", so that we can eat some berries. Never enough to pick for a pie, though, the trees probably don't get ideal environment and treatment to produce enough fruit.

Run for fun.

Uh oh... now what?

Along the pie theme I just ordered a huge jar of Huckleberry pie filling. DW thinks I'm insane but she has never had one. My daughter and I are pretty excited. Wish I could grow those berry things at Wi. elevation. I envy  Warden and Sugnim out there. Anyway I have 3-4 pies comin' up in my immediate future. Very cool.

Simple pleasures for simple minds.

We had a guest from Wisconsin last week -- stuffed her with wild blackberries--made one cobbler

(Himalayan and Pacific), salmonberries, huckleberries, and almost talked her into trying a grape from

a Tall Oregron grape plant (they are edible, but very very sour).  Huckleberries?  Hmmm...

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Oh dang.. There 's gonna be PIE at Stone Mill??!!!  This just keeps getting better and better.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16