Trailer Trash

Your Bum of a Moderator writes a Road Race Report (Read 68 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You need to start running more. I'm counting on some running time with you at IAT.

George, maybe we can work it out so that I just happen to be running a loop of Nordic when you are during the race.  Not pacing...just a coincidence, of course.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Like you we remerge with the 5 K walkers who actually believe it's a holiday and they are walking and chatting and actually laughing..some even brought there small children with them!!  WTF this is serious business!  Anyways it was fun.

Yeah, these Thanksgiving races tend to attract a lot of families and people who just want to exercise before they stuff themselves.  I guess I should learn not to race during these events that include a lot of non-runners.  My mom wants to do the 5K next year and I told her I would run it with her.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Nice one Mandy! Hopefully you threw a few elbows into the mix out there. People should not be talking at mile 4 of a 10k. Gasping yes. Talking no. Congrats on the PR and welcome back to the world of racing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Progress...yay! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Those "moms, children, walkers, the elderly, the overweight..." never had a chance.  WTG !!!!!!

tbd.

RabbitChaser

Great RR, Mandy! Congrats on crushing your old PR and blowing past that 60 minute barrier!

LB2

I am glad you are back in the running game again. That was a very good read.

LB2

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Thanks for the report.  It gives me a lot of hope since I've been having hip issues recently and secretly fear I have a torn Labrum or something, despite what the Dr's say.  It's good to know that even if mine is torn there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

My Big Toe

It was great to read your report, Mandy! Congrats on the PR! There is no "slow" when you are putting yourself out there doing the best you can given the circumstances. I am in the same predicament myself, trying to reestablish my game after struggling with a foot issue that ended up requiring surgery, then having complications afterward that further delayed healing! I am now 2 months post-op from a second surgery and trying to work with my new reality. Setbacks are tough, so we must celebrate each and every milestone! I myself have a 5K next month. Perhaps I will follow your lead and post a RR afterward Smile. Best to you going FORWARD.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, woohoo, you did it!

I guess it was your draft that made the girl behind you fall. But, not saying that you should feel bad about your speed! 

Road running is really tough in that respect.

Thanks for the report, it felt almost as if I had run the race myself. Just without the cold!

Run for fun.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

Very nice Mandy!!

i came here specifically to see if you were running and by golly you are...and nicely!!

Congrats Smile

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

Ultra Cowboy

Mandy thanks for showing me the road back...Great report.

WYBMADIITY

Save