Trailer Trash

Sundaes for Sundailies (Read 34 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

7 fun filled miles in the woods with a light dusting (wet) of snow.  Fun, fun run and pretty cool to get two weekend runs in.

QOTD: Normal.  I did stop at running store yesterday to quickly pick up the Casacadia 7s and they had the 8s already.  So I tried them on and hated the fit.  So need to go on a get a couple of pairs before they are gone.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Ha!  What time were you there?  I was out there from about 1-3pm.

I think I got done a little after 1pm. Can't remember for certain, I know I had the Badger game getting DVR'd so I wasn't watching the time. I parked on the road outside the park where the Overlode trail crosses the first time. Did you see a marroon Subaru Outback on your way by? DW's car. My little black Outback with 270k is no more.  Sad

Should have made contact with you before hand but I'm not much good at planning.  That's almost runnable right now out there.

Did get 15 in today. Weather held for a good chunk of it but once the sleet and snow started it was a little miserable as it was going sideways and every time I had to turn into the wind was yowser.

Sandy-2

SRD today, mainly concentrated on staying awake all day.  It was a nice afternoon (a bit cold though) so a colleague and I went to Greenwich, had lunch and walked around the Cutty Sark museum.

I’m going to bed now, but I’ll get up and do an easy 5 miles tomorrow morning.  Best way to get over the jet lag.

From yesterday and the day before about the DD’s trip.....  thanks for the nice comments, as I said she’s on Cloud 9 !!!  I haven’t decided if I’m going to crew for her, but trying to see if I can wrangle a trip to my company's Dubai office for the few days before. . . just sayin.  Approve    Yes they fly the horses over in open container-type things outfitted like horse stalls.  The horse’s owner will sit in the cargo compartment (KLM 747-Combi or another cargo carrier).  It’s being arranged by a transport company, but not FEDEX this time.

Qotd: I run in Asics Gel Nimbus, which is a cushioned neutral road shoe.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DW went out w/ me, we got 6 miles in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - just read yesterday's dailies.  AWESOME.  What an accomplishment.  U-S-A,  U-S-A.  Go at whatever cost to support your DD and your country.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

I purposely carry a rock in my hand when I run on the roads for this very reason. People are such haters when they see runners. I've hit quite a few cars for being ass holes. Love it when the stop and start yelling about calling the cops. I welcome it.

Anyhoo...Got 12 in on the mason Dixon trail yesterday. My first time on that trail..the best I've been on around these parts. With the snow and ice forming on some of the small waterfalls I regret not bringing a camera.

Did 20 today around lake redman. Tried to do it with no food...pretty miserable run but it served a purpose. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

qotd, I wear minimal shoes mostly. Nb 1010 is my favorite trail shoe so far.

AT- If that had happened to me, that dude would be trying to pull a NB MT10 out of his ass. I totally lose my shit when people get that way with me. I tend to go all Irish when I'm pissed.

I had a great 8 mile run through Old San Juan this morning. I probably lost a gallon of sweat. It's been a while since I ran in this kind of heat and humidity. It was awesome. Heading to St. Croix soon for tomorrow's prediction run. I killed it last year, so I'm hoping for a repeat.

QOTD: Neutral minimalist.

Hey, all. 8 sort of dull miles in a local park today. I miss all the water I got to run past in Finland.

QOTD: Neutral, lightweight, 4mm drop. Might get some dedicated trail shoes at some point, and will look for something similar, I suppose.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think I got done a little after 1pm. Can't remember for certain, I know I had the Badger game getting DVR'd so I wasn't watching the time. I parked on the road outside the park where the Overlode trail crosses the first time. Did you see a marroon Subaru Outback on your way by? DW's car. My little black Outback with 270k is no more.  Sad

Should have made contact with you before hand but I'm not much good at planning.  That's almost runnable right now out there.

Did get 15 in today. Weather held for a good chunk of it but once the sleet and snow started it was a little miserable as it was going sideways and every time I had to turn into the wind was yowser.

I'm no good at planning either.  But I did see your DW's car Smile  I remember seeing it because most people don't park right there!

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

got in some awesome 10 miles in the swamp today before I had to get my boys to their (free!) haircut appointments. It was cold at times, around 20 deg (which seemed mild after the last cold wave, especially in those shielded, sunny spots), but the wind and shade made it feel much worse.

To my surprise, I discovered that the swamp still is not totally frozen. Which made for ice-cold foot-dips every now and then, so that by the end of my run, my toes were about to freeze solid. And the handheld, with my drink freezing, did its best to freeze my fingers, too - decided I'll have to buy the insulated model soon!

After my boys' haircuts, I took the long way out of the store, through the women's clothes department, and - what a coincidence - there was a huge sale, so I took the opportunity and gave my wardrobe a major makeover. Funnest part was trying on different clothes with my boys running up and down the hallway of the (deserted) fitting rooms, commenting loudly on my picks: "Mom, we can see through your skirt!!" (just the 1.5 inches above the hem were not lined, but it sure disqualified that skirt!), or: "Mom, in this skirt you look like those dancing ladies in Hawaii. Can you dance for us?" or the nightmarish call: "Moooom, I have to go to the baaathroooom, NOW!" (I was trying on dresses...). Just gotta love those two yardsticks!

Sandy: Congratulations on your daughter's success! It sounds awesome, you should not turn down your company's need for you in the Abu Dhabi office. Wink Crewing should be interesting and would probably be much appreciated.

I showed my daughter the photo that you posted yesterday, and she was just swept away by the picture and the story behind it!

Run for fun.