Trailer Trash

Smoky Saturdays (Read 32 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

10 this morning, then another 5 this afternoon. I'm fighting through some major fatigue, not

sure what it is.

QOTD: Some very cool responses today, we have some outstanding mommies and daddies

among us here. I joined my DW when her boys were 2 and 3, so I missed the new stuff but

still know how to change a diaper.

runtraildc

evening-

A quick 3.5 miles this morning after 5.5 last night.  I had hoped to go further, but errands were looming, especially getting ready for school.  And DH and boys come back tomorrow so this was my last day to myself.  got blackberries and apples (best harbinger of fall) and now am roasting corn for salsa.  See, running did take a backseat today.

qotd: for us, the five years between firstborn and the second getting to age two were exhausting/ a huge memory blur.  Sorry, but it extended far beyond just newborn stage for us.   I do think it it a bit harder for the birther (and subesequent nurser) because of the physical demands, but DH had to act 'normal' at work, and interact with the outside in the early days-- and that's hard.  Running?  pretty inconsistent for a number of years.  not like now.  But change is good.

Brian Runner

26.5 on the trails today. First 20 solo, then ran into some friends on the trail and joined them for the rest.

Sandy-2

SRD.  Helped my DD move back to school today.  Does lugging stuff up two floors count as cross training?

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

3+ hours this morning.  Sluggish for the first hour, ok the second and then I felt great the third hour.  This is a good thing right? I was out early and then got the kids to hang out for a bit in an area where there seems to be a 5k race every week.  Well of course there one today.  But I got to see a strange perspective.  I saw the runners at about the 1/2 mile mark and the front runners didn't look fast.  The wave after the front runners looks semi slow and then the mid packers looked really slow.  What it made me think of is how slow I must look running.

QOTD: I had started my running when my second child was just 1 yr old and the oldest 3 yrs old.  My youngest (now 3) was "easy for us" (of course mostly due to DW who was a pro at that point). I tried to be careful of how much I was running.  I didn't start with more involved running until DD's second year.  I tried my best and still do to give DW the time she needs to do her stuff.  Diapers for the first was nerve racking - everything after that was a walk in the park (or maybe a run in the park).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday