Trailer Trash

Why it is dark and dank and cold and windy and... (Read 35 times)

Uh oh... now what?

LB2

They seem to imply that Gark is not the cause of sunsets, which is almost as absurd as suggesting that professional wrestling is not real fighting.

LB2

Uh oh... now what?

But Gorgeous George raised some mighty fine turkeys.

Chnaiur

I was getting a bit annoyed with how darkness is interfering with running, but then I checked out the length of day where I took my ski trip last year:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=290&month=12&year=2013&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

But Gorgeous George raised some mighty fine turkeys.

hahaha.

LB2

Uh oh... now what?

Nooooo... serious stuff:

"He invested $250,000 in the 195-acre Gorgeous George Turkey Ranch in Beaumont, Calif., where he produced Gorgeous Broad-Breasted Turkeys. At the National Turkey Show in Long Beach, Calif., in 1951, he showed two turkeys with their feathers dyed orchid in an orchid cage with orchid drapes. His valet sprayed the turkeys every two minutes with Chanel No. 10. George himself promoted his turkeys, and fans turned out to see them."

I remember my folks (standard Sunday afternoon family drive) taking us out there.  My father had heard of the "pastel turkeys" and off we went in search.  Dad was a real outdoors-person--hunting, fishing, just knowing about being out there--and he hurt himself laughing at what someone had done to the turkeys (and the turkeys that were paying to see the turkeys).  There were hundreds of them--yellows, blue, lavenders, soft oranges, just about every color you could imagine.  You could buy feathers in almost any color you wanted.

The good old days when the west was real.

LB2

Wow. I did not know that, John.

LB2