Trailer Trash

Missing Mondaily? (Read 40 times)

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon trailers. The polar vortex is headed our way but it wasn't too awful yet for my lunchtime run. Overnight the temps were in the 50's and almost all the snow melted overnight but since then it's continued to drop. I ran about 10k on my hilly winding road loop at lunchtime. Temps were in the 30's with gusty winds so it's dropped 20 degrees already since morning.  Very pleasant!

Yesterday I ran 8.5 on snow covered trails with temps in the 20's and freezing rain. I wore short of course which seems a bit stupid as the frozen precipitation started to cling to my legs. Might as well get the ice bath during the run I suppose. Surprisingly I had the trails to myself on such a fine day.

QOTD: I am currently on a high volume craft/micro beer diet.

Mandy - That weather of yours is beyond stupid. Stay warm if possible.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Did a 3 mile trail run with the pooch while my wife was in physical therapy. Ran at Double Rock Park a childhood stomping ground of mine.

QOTD: Nothing special, but I try to eat a reasonably balanced diet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Well it may be cold for some around here but I'm gonna do hill repeats when I get home. Close enough to the house so when I start whimpering I can get home in a hurry.  It will probably break my record for low temp running but I can't get any PR's any other way.

Eskimo frustration today. That's when you have to take a leak but you are wearing 7" thick of clothing and it's cold...well you get the idea. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Everyone in bed already? I wish I was, but with the kids' school canceled tomorrow, they'll be up a little longer than usual, I'm afraid.

I've been up since 3:45 to get into work on time (5 a.m.) while dealing with the freezing rain. Took a nice run in the afternoon while the temperatures were still in the lower 20's to upper teens, only heavy wind and some snow squalls made it a bit exhausting at times.

I turned my old road shoes into screw shoes and tried them out for the first time. They are ok, they provide nice traction on the occasionally icy bike trail. I'm not sure I would trust them on the trails, though, but they are perfect for the intended purpose (using them on roads/gravel roads/flat trails in partly icy or slippery conditions, when most of the surface is not covered in snow or ice).

QOTD: I don't eat much meat because I don't like it, otherwise no restrictions. More on the carbohydrate-heavy side than protein-heavy, just a personal preference, no purpose behind that.

Run for fun.

Well it may be cold for some around here but I'm gonna do hill repeats when I get home. Close enough to the house so when I start whimpering I can get home in a hurry.  It will probably break my record for low temp running but I can't get any PR's any other way.

Eskimo frustration today. That's when you have to take a leak but you are wearing 7" thick of clothing and it's cold...well you get the idea. 

Curious, what temp are you running in? Are you also in the negative 70 wind chills up there in Wisconsin? I can't even fathom how cold that is.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Curious, what temp are you running in? Are you also in the negative 70 wind chills up there in Wisconsin? I can't even fathom how cold that is.

He's just on the other side of town from me.   

HEY HARRIER, ARE YOU STILL ALIVE OUT THERE?

I had to walk between two of my buildings at work today, maybe about 2-3 minutes outside and my face hurt.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Yeah well I have done some stupid things.... I am alive but this weather is just messed up. I can talk tough but I whimpered like a baby. I knew I was in for it when I stopped for gas on the way home. Just those few minutes of messing with my credit card at the pump was painful. Real temp was -14.4 and I suppose the windchill was around -45 or so. Not too heroic after all. 

BTW Mandy, I hope my beer hasn't been sitting in your car all this time.