Trailer Trash

Moisture Mondaily (Read 36 times)

Sandy-2

SRD for me today, feels good.

qotd: I try to do one core training session per week.  I have also started doing one session at the gym on the stair climber (that's my hill traiing for pacing Hardrock and running Leadville this summer).

tbd.

muppy

SRD for me

Its foggy and drizzly here in Pennsylvania.

Hope everyone heals up!

QOTD i do a yoga class each week, was going to the gym with my son few times a week,but been slacking off lately. On my days off of my regular job I do landscaping, I figure that's good cross training, 8 hours of digging, edging, shoveling and pushing wheelbarrows is a good workout.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today fro me.  I was AWOL the past few days because I was at Cross-Fit's  "Barefoot Color Mud Zombie Run".

Jaimie, I found your button.

Actually I was in Avalon, NJ playing golf.  Nice weather and got in some more beach running in high winds.

QOTD:  I swim and mt. or road bike for XT, but not much gym work.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.5 miles this am followed by a PT appt.  Now it's time to start the work week.  My weekend was a blur.  Why does that keep happening?

QOTD: In my head I commit to 2x a week at the gym but my body doesn't always cooperate.  I do PT exercises 4-5 times a week at home.  I know I should do more though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I love it!!!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

I love it!!!!

Wait do you or are you being SARCASTIC?

Chnaiur

Third day out of five rest days. Everything feels off and sore: muscles are stiff, and all joints seem slightly dislocated.

QOTD: Two days with weights: squats, deadlifts, bench , but also dedicated core. One day of intervals on various cardio machines. I'd rather do the cardio intervals as running, but I'll save that for next year when I'm more confident I won't re-open my achilles injuries.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hey, I was at that event too. I just love those mud runs, now THAT's real trail running.

BTW, golf is NOT a sport.

Nice 5 miles in the woods for me this morning-cool and muggy-so I went shirtless.

QOTD: I'm severely lacking in cross-training, really need some core work.

SRD today fro me.  I was AWOL the past few days because I was at Cross-Fit's  "Barefoot Color Mud Zombie Run".

Actually I was in Avalon, NJ playing golf.  Nice weather and got in some more beach running in high winds.

QOTD:  I swim and mt. or road bike for XT, but not much gym work.

Snowdenrun

Ran 8ish yesterday on the trails and it kicked my butt!  But I think it got me back into the running groove as I am ready to go again today!

QOTD: I would like to get into the habit of strength trailing once a week. But seeing that lifting is never fun like running its hard to start, though I know my body could use it. I generally hike once a week and count that as cross training. I'd love to get into yoga, but have a hard time forking over the money for it.

The trails greened up quite a bit while I was in CO. This is from the spot where I came into a bit of a clearing and the sun had just came out so I took a short break and soaked up the sun. ...We'll see if this picture comes up. MTA- to get the pic to show up.

pic

I was also in Avalon, NJ from Friday-Saturday AM. Though I was there for a bachelorette party....so my workout was done on the dance floor at The Princeton. Big grin

AT-runner

Tim

I was also in Avalon, NJ from Friday-Saturday AM. Though I was there for a bachelorette party....so my workout was done on the dance floor at The Princeton. Big grin

Hey, that was me running down Second Ave. at 6:30 am and then I ran back along the beach.Big grin

We didn't make it to the dance floor, but I did go to Joe Canals Discount Liquors.  I was able to buy some Full Sail beer in 6 packs.  Don't know when PA is going to change that stupid "case beer only" law.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Watoni-- have you tried an air splint on your ankle?  Your injury (including the evening activity/additional aggravation) sounds very familiar.  I found an air splint that stabilized my ankle and prevented lateral movements sped up the recovery much faster than previous injuries that were splinted differently, or just bandaged.

I will try it. Hoping to get into a sports medicine clinic asap ...

Will ride the bike in the meantime and resist the urge to test the ankle running!

For amusement, this was the run data ... not feeling that great anyway, but a gorgeous day. The green is where we started, the black is where I fell (on the way back down the hill). The distance between those two was the subsequent limp back ...

http://app.strava.com/activities/54937056/overview

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm at work and really tired.  I am still sore from either the run or the yard work.  I think I am going to do an URD.  The parents are coming by train from MI to CA so I need to clkean the house a little.

QOTD:  This has been my goal for the last year or so but I still do nothing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Funny, this thread mostly sums up my past week. We all seem to be a bit sore or "off" for one reason or another. My schedule has been really hectic and I ended up taking 2 URD last week. I got out for 4 easy ones with my daughter along on her bike for conversation today. I think I'm adjusting to the heat and finally recovered from the Indiana Trail 100. I'm hoping this week brings a return to normalcy and a progression beyond this plateau I seem to be stuck on.

QOTD: I always plan 2 XT days, but seldom fit them both in. I'm lucky to get a solid "Ab Ripper" type workout in, but sometimes get a full body weight routine in.