Trailer Trash

And it was going so well ... how do you cope when you cannot run (not due to injury) (Read 49 times)

Watoni

April was a killer training month for me, about 40 hours training ... year was looking good. Last two weeks have been crazy, I have worked about 40 hours since late Sunday night and worked out 5 all month. I also feel sore for no reason (maybe lack of exercise and little sleep).

I cannot make it up, but I have a taper-like madness going on ... oh, and that makes for bad food choices ... animals, beware!

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Jeff,

You crack me up.  Your a well trained ultra endurance dude who no matter what happens always reaches his goal.  You have terrific god given genes that allow you to reach most endeavors that the average  person can't even fathom.  I've known you through the forums for many years and I've always respected everything you have done.  Keep enduring along and fight the good fight along the way.

Much respect,

Jack

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ya take it easy...drink an extra beer, go to the beach, watch a Duck Dynasty Marathon all day, get out in the woods and walk/run your way until the Mojo returns.  Enjoy it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

When I saw the title I thought I would respond "I work out in the gym and set up other training-related goals when I can't run. Which I couldn't for 18 months"

However, your situation is different, and I've tried that too. I don't think there is much to do if you are so stressed out and overworked. When I was in that situation, even light excersise just broke me down further. My understanding is that really high stress causes the cortisol levels to skyrocket. That breaks down muscle in itself, and also prevents recovery.

So I'd say just push through it and accept that you can't work out right now. I will get better.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Watoni

Jeff,

You crack me up.  Your a well trained ultra endurance dude who no matter what happens always reaches his goal.  You have terrific god given genes that allow you to reach most endeavors that the average  person can't even fathom.  I've known you through the forums for many years and I've always respected everything you have done.  Keep enduring along and fight the good fight along the way.

Much respect,

Jack

I think Strava is having a deleterious effect on my mind, as is the fear of Leadville. I keep looking at all these people who run literally run and bike 3x what I do ... it was better when I didn't know Wink

The crazy thing is that I keep thinking I will run in the middle of the night, then I just collapse. Example, home from work last night around 1am, in the office again at 5am, I am still here at 11pm. Just no time these past few weeks, but I did put on a great mother's day on Sunday.

What cracks me up is that The English Beat is playing the school charity auction this Saturday !!!

BTW, you are awesome, Jack