Trailer Trash

Cascadia 9s? (Read 37 times)

runtraildc

Anyone running in these? How are they compared to the 7s and 8s?   I have a pair of 7s that I love but skipped buying the 8s at a bargain price since they didn't 'feel right'.   I'm trying to make do with my back up supply of shoes, but I will want to replace these soon.

Thanks!

I might try them. I also loved the 7's and skipped the 8s. We'll see!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I love the 6 and 7s.. Bought the 8s at full price and hated them.  The nines look like a nice return to more like the 6s on top which I like.  6 and 7 had a soft shell where as 8s were stiff.  I just went online to ebay and bought the 7s for $60.  But looking forward to the 9 when they are on sale.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I went to my LRS last Friday and tried on a bunch of trail shoes, including the Men's Cascadia 9s that were too big (they did not have my size in women's.) I ended up buying Saucony Peregrine 4's but when I got home realized they were just not the right fit. I ordered a pair of women's Cascadias from Zappos, which should be here in a few days. I'll let you know how they feel.

runtraildc

Looking forward to hearing how they work for you, TnC.   I'm keeping an eye out for sales, but I think it will be a while before that happens.

Looking forward to hearing how they work for you, TnC.   I'm keeping an eye out for sales, but I think it will be a while before that happens.

Yeah, I think you're right. I was tempted to get the 8's on sale but after all the bad things I heard about them I just skipped them all together. Apparently the 9's are more like the older models.

So, I got the shoes in the mail yesterday. I tried them on indoors but will probably need to wait for the weekend to try them on a trail. They feel really nice and comfortable. True to size, but maybe a tad bigger than the 7's, which I needed. Also a slightly bigger toebox than the 7's . I can definitely see myself running many miles in these.

Hope this helps!

runtraildc

I stopped in at the LRS by my mom's this weekend to check the sales (found new Ravennas as I needed new road shoes).  They had the Cascadia 10s in stock early, which means the 9s will be on sale soon.  According to the salesperson, the new shoes are released in February, and last year shoes will be on sale late february- March.  He confirmed that the 8s were not well received by most and seemed to think the 9s were similar to the 7s.

TnC-- how are the 9s working for you?

I stopped in at the LRS by my mom's this weekend to check the sales (found new Ravennas as I needed new road shoes).  They had the Cascadia 10s in stock early, which means the 9s will be on sale soon.  According to the salesperson, the new shoes are released in February, and last year shoes will be on sale late february- March.  He confirmed that the 8s were not well received by most and seemed to think the 9s were similar to the 7s.

TnC-- how are the 9s working for you?

The 9s are better than the 7s in my opinion. Toe box seems wider and overall the fit is really nice. I wear Brooks Ghosts and Glycerins on the road (they just fit me better than other brands) and the Cascadias are the most comfortable out of the bunch.

Having said that, they haven't been tested in a really long run yet, but for my 2-3 hour runs so far they have been great.