Trailer Trash

Turkey Tuesday (Read 40 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

LB2, I am with you with losing focus and motivation after a goal race. It has not really happened to me with the shorter races, like 50M, but both my 100-milers threw me off for a while. Probably because mentally I still feel a limit there, and if I succeed at reaching the goal (finish 100 miles), I feel I deserve or need a break.

Also the extensive training and preparation for that distance can be quite exhausting, and once I am "done" with it, I feel the need to catch up with family and other hobbies.

QOTD: I cut back my running, and just run "for fun". I deliberately don't check the time when I leave the car, and I never carry a watch with me anyway, so I remove the stress of running "fast". I just enjoy the run, the scenery, the wildlife, the weather.

I take others on runs with me, or at least they go for a hike while I run.

I take DS with me on his bike as my "pacer". He is usually highly motivated and keeps me going. Only downside is, he can't yet go on the really tough trails (he's too young, too inexperienced, and does not have enough strength yet), but he's good on easy trails, or just up and down the bike path.

I talk a lot about running, so I feel more pressure to live up to other's expectations of my running (works only so long, as I don't really care what others think of my running).

And, talking to you guys on the forum helps a lot, too!

Run for fun.