Trailer Trash

Crampy Feet (Read 115 times)

Messenjah

I've noticed over the last few days, following a hard run the day before, that my feet get really crampy. This isn't something that I've really ever experienced except for during one of my ultras. During that race I thought it was just that the rocks were beating my feet up but now I'm wondering if it isn't something else. One of my friends mentioned that it could be mild dehydration. Thoughts?

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Try adding some extra potassium (eat a banana)...that can help with cramping.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

it happens to me after longer runs, if I move my foot a certain way or curl my toes a certain way- they lock up pretty hard.  I've found that it's usually pretty short lived for me- maybe a couple of hours, of course I'm hydrating and drinking a recovery drink post run, so maybe that helps????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runner1304

This may sound really weird but my Uncle swears by eating a spoon a mustard when he gets foot cramps. He says it works like a charm. I've never tried it though.

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

Messenjah

Do you think mustard flavored GU will be their next combination Big grin

runner1304

Do you think mustard flavored GU will be their next combination Big grin

lol, bleh... Tight lips

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

Trail Monster

Do you take your shoes off right away? Going barefoot after a long run for a few hours makes my feet feel much better.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Messenjah

Yeah, typically. I don't think that there is really anything that is drastically different. I've been trying to increase my speed a little bit and have been pushing pretty hard. It's not a pain (I've had PF and know exactly what that feels like) but more crampy or achy than anything.