Trailer Trash

Memorial Day Mondailies (Read 29 times)

Marley had definite ideas about what route we should run this morning. We wound up running 5 miles of trail on a more pretty route than I might have picked otherwise.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

• Morning!  Got in a couple of quick miles yesterday.  at the beach, so my elevation gain was about 6,000 mm.  (There was a boardwalk ramp involved on the nature loop).  Might get in a short run tonight when we get back.

qotd:  Any vets here?  ( and Thank you!)

LB2

Rest day is scheduled, but I will probably run a few miles.

QOTD: Yes. USMC, '86-'91.

LB2

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

8.2 for me today 0.7 with Weston, then 7.5 trails miles with Tony and Biggers on Baldpate mountain. Completely enjoyable outing, though the mud was a bit thicker than I remember and Tony lost his shoe a few times. It was their first time there and they had a great time, we will need to trick the whole group into running here some weekend. 68*F and sunny

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Memorial Day, and thanks to all those who serve or have served.

SRD for me.  Finished 87.67 miles in a hot humid 24 hour race.

Short version - After 3 hours spent 35 minutes in medical tent - reevaluate race goals - recover - rebound.  Finished 3rd male.

Long version coming.

QOTD:  No.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Thanks to all the vets and those currently serving.

Got in 5.5 up the mountain (picked up 1200 feet of gain in the first 2.5 miles)

QOTD: I did not serve in the military.

Occasional Runner

15 trail miles with 6000 feet of gain. It was BRUTAL running, but I need more of that extreme climbing than what I've been getting. I ran with a buddy and we had a great time on the trail, but it was crowded today with day hikers and mountain bikers.

Flying to South Africa tomorrow morning, so the rest of the day is dedicated to getting packed and ready. Getting to South Africa is an adventure all on its own!

QOTD: not me.

Sandy-2

20 again this morning.  It was 1 to 2 deg cooler today than yesterday (72* and 100% at 5am today).  I felt better than yesterday so that was good.  Still piling on the miles, ended up with 53 over the 3 day weekend (13 in China and 40 here in TX).

qotd:  not me. although I was in the Navy reserves for a while.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 5 mile run w/ lots of elevation, low 50's, overcast and just a slight breeze- can't get much better than that Smile

qotd: USAF 83-87, all in Montana (Malstrom AFB)- so much for seeing the world Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD and travel home day. Quads are sore from two days worth of running in the hills

of NY. We've found the town we want to move to now we just need to find work and make

it happen.

QOTD: Yes, Coast Guard 86-06'.

AT-runner

Tim

We've found the town we want to move to now we just need to find work and make it happen.

That really is the way it should be.  That's how we ended up moving away from the rat race of DC.  Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Brian Runner

Finished up a 3 race weekend this morning. 10k and 5k on the roads Saturday morning, muddy 5k trail race this morning. Feeling a little beat up from all that fast running. Ready for some nice slow trail miles this week.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6.3 miles in the neighborhood

QOTD: Army '73-'76. After training spent the rest of the time in Bayonne, NJ, working in an accounting office.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.