Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

When I stepped out of the hose the sun was glowing red through the trees from the smoke. So I was very excited to get to the top og the hill, with but once there the sun was behind clouds. Ran 5.7 with Earl. I had a couple of gnats staying in front of my face for a few miles. Speaking of smoke my friend who smokes pot everyday isn't running because it's too smoky...really!?!

QOTD: Not too bad but I did run into a very thick and sticky one today. Tips: Get a running partnewr and let them run in front of you. Someone taller than Marley.

Jamezilla: I was thinking of changing my name to Yadda Yadda.

Northern: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/16/12-year-old-girl-attacked-by-bear-in-northern-michigan/ That's near Micheal's home.

And by the way...you should really try them sliced dude really come on try it. .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TT: I missed the weekend dailies.  I guess I will have to go back and read them.  Did you fall or hit another tree branch?

Marley hit me behind the knees at a dead run.  She hit me hard enough that my head was the first thing to hit the ground.  She was all crazy wound up about three deer that she had just run off.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a run later in the afternoon today. When all the spiderwebs are gone. Wink

TT: Careful with the noggin. Let it heal up, you don't want the brain damage and dementia set in way too early. Surprised

Zilla: Brave to tote the stuff along to work, but if that's the only way to get the run in, it sure is worth it.

traildc: Wise choice!

XT: Yay for that second-hand smoke. Good thing you're not an elite runner who might get drug-tested - hard to explain that unintentional use of a performance-enhancing substance.

Jamie: The school bus will be my worst enemy soon, too. No time left for an early run then. It leaves at 6:55 - now that's going to be fun getting 3 kids ready for that! I guess I'll kick them out in their pajamas, if I have to, just to avoid having to drive them. Evil

T&C: Might have been a wolf spider? I saw such a huge spider (one of the biggest ones I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen quite some large ones, my dad's an entomologist) when my middle son was just a few weeks old - the spider was heading right for the crib. I was scared to death, but then my motherly instincts kicked in, and I let out a loud scream, so DH could come and crush the spider. It was also the biggest spider DH had ever encountered. BTW, I could have killed the spider myself, but I always like to make a big show, so that DH can feel important saving the family from disaster! Wink

lace: No run today? Don't let that slacking become a habit! Big grin

jonfer: Have fun with the new shoes!

sugnim: Wow, you don't want to get hit by these ashes!

Harrier: I think Panera trains their staff to be like that. Happened to me years ago, too, every time I went for "lunch" (a bagel, unsliced and not toasted) to my local downtown Panera. Sigh. Roll eyes

AT: Nice web. Just not to run through.

Brian: Sounds good - have fun!

Chnaiur: Have a great run later!

Queen: It's a personality trait. I just can't have a bagel sliced, too, it does not taste good once it's sliced. Texture just isn't right.

QOTD: Good timing, I wanted to ask this question, too. Webs are bad this year, especially now. I often run through a thread or a smaller web, and a few days ago, I even ran through a whole web, and the spider fell onto me. Gave me chills as it was crawling down my back, even though I knew it would not hurt me. I also hate the sound that the threads make when they stretch over my ears.

I hold out my arms in front of me to break the webs, it counts as an upper body workout, right?

Run for fun.

muppy

Got in 10 this morning

QOTD I ran through a bunch of webs this morning, I tried holding up a stick in front of me, but I'm not coordinated enough!

moonlightrunner

I would rather have a campsite full of snakes (non venomous, of course) than to be near as many spiders as u were. Ick....I hate bugs of any kind.

QOTD: I travel to a lot of different areas and I find them to be bad in the areas with high humidity. The dryer regions aren't as bad.

All these webs u all speak of....sounds awful and I'm glad I have not seen them or the creepy critters that made them.

Planning an 8 miler tonight in the light of the full moon with The Pointer. And a nice swim afterward.

OK..I did not successfully get the part of the quote I wanted....I do hate posting from a two inch screen...any...the campsite fuel of spiders...would creep me out and I would sleep in my car or not at all

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD I ran through a bunch of webs this morning, I tried holding up a stick in front of me, but I'm not coordinated enough!

Careful or you'll end up on your ass like TT.

Daydreamer1

Had a fairly nice trail run today. Got in a little over 22 miles, easily my longest run of the year so far. It didn't go too bad because I didn't push real hard. I was actually glad that the last 3-4 miles was on a dirt state forest road, although about a mile of that was uphill with a grade between 8-12%. Took my new Hoka Stinson's out for their inaugural run. They didn't do too bad. I figured out very quickly that the laces are going to get changed out. They come with thin laces and the quick fasteners. I got tired of stopping to tighten them up.

QOTD: This is a very appropriate question. I always text DW and let her know when I'm out of the woods and headed home. Today I told her I felt like Frodo in The Lord of the Rings after his encounter with the spider!!!! I ran through so many that they were sticking all over me from my head to my legs. I hate them, but there's not much you can do about it. Very few people run the trails that I do, so If I run in the morning there will be a lot. Sometimes I will carry a trekking pole and hold it in front, but lately I'm running with a handheld for Perpetuem so that's no longer an option. I guess I'll just keep peeling them off me.  So far they haven't been too bad but I know that this fall they'll get really bad.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a very early 7 miler in this morning (courtesy of a headlamp)- little smoky, but terrible (not nearly as bad as Missoula)- saw the near full moon set and a largish sun rise in the same run- bonus Smile

qotd: haven't had to contend w/ spider webs much, I guess I'll consider myself lucky!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √