Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 31 times)

Watoni

Played tennis with the family yesterday evening instead of running, but will either do hill work on the bike or on the trail today. It should be hot (around 90), so maybe save a long run for tomorrow am.

QOTD: Really low, about 50 miles, 20 of which were in one run. I also rode 300 miles, which is also lame but not quite as lame. This month needs to be massive, but already I am bailing on my 50k this weekend to attend a school event for my youngest ....

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon Trailers,

Finally pulled the trigger and signed up for the North Face Bear Mountain 50 miler...so that, this weekend.

QOTD: 40 miles...work hurt me bad in April.

Sandy - If you will be in NYC for any amount of time I recommend checking out the Long Path and Shore Trail in Palisades Park (NJ).  If you can get to the George Washington Bridge, both trails start right about there (it's fun to run across the bridge too).  When you get to the other side of GWB, making a right and following "Aqua" blazes takes you to the Long Path (it's right there).  If you make a left, you will end up on the Shore Trail.  The further North you go in the park the more "wild" it gets.  To loop the entire park it is about 25 miles, but you can use the Forest Trail to make it 20ish, Park HQ trail (forget the name) to make it 17, Huyler's landing to make it 13 (all mileage is "off the top of my head ball-parking")

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

We had 7" of rain the past 2 days and boy did it show on the trails.

This IS the trail.

Not wanting to widen the trails (leave no trace behind), I channeled my inner 7 year old, and ran right through the running water.  This scene was repeated at least 10-11 times on my 10 mile run today.  Nothing like stomping puddles to put a smile on your face.

Muppy - Riding that train....

QOTD:  Around 215.  3 strong weeks and a cut back last week while I was away on a golf trip.  Right where I wanted to be.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TT- are you up by the big landside that slid into the train tracks?  I saw the pictures of the cars in the gully.

I think that is about 7 miles from my house.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Feeling very tired today. Stayed in the neighborhood so I could cut the run short at any time. finished with 6.1 miles.

QOTD: 192 miles for April.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

14 miles with 3,500+ vert ft. Prescription strength mud all along the way, just like in AT's picture! I even managed two knee-deep water crossings, that was really fun, despite the cold. Queen: I hope you'll recover soon. I am still fighting some pain and nausea, with and without running. I could not eat for 5 days, then had two bagels and an egg on the sixth day - I lost several pounds, not that I needed to.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got in the hills yesterday and jogged (not ran) 4 miles, heel was a little sore today so I strength trained today, hoping to hit the trails again tomorrow

qotd: that would be 4 miles if you consider jogging running Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √