Trailer Trash

WinterStormWarningTuesdaily (Read 26 times)

AT-runner

Tim

This morning I had a guy come by to take a look at a corner of our property for potential lease as a site for a 160' cellular tower. I don't think it'd impact my little trail system too much and the rent would basically pay our mortgage payment, but I dunno. Anybody have experience with this kinda thing?

One of DW's coworkers did this on her farm. She has 200 acres, so there was no way she would see it from her house. They paid a lump sum up front and a monthly lease. She was pretty happy. Might ask a realtor if it impacts your home value in any way.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

What a sweet day. Blue sky and low 70's.  Don't you dare mention winter storm warnings!   Did a nice 6 mile trail run out at Donald park. The route I went was a tad different than normal and as I got to the car the Garmin hit exactly 6, didn't have to do laps in the parking lot or anything! 

QOTD--Staying put.

Blarg--My business used to do work for an older guy on the near westside of Madison. He was into all the different communication things of his day with short wave, CB's, etc. and had a large antenna in his backyard. When the city put a moratorium on towers in that area the cell providers came a calling. That old guy was making a big chunk of money and since the tower still fell under the height standards it only had the most minimal of lights.  He was pretty happy about his arrangement and at least in his particular situation I think it upped his property value.

I think it just depends on your own land and how developed things are around you already. I know on my property up north there would be no way but right around me where I live I would jump on it. To me the big concern is the lighting as in this state the higher you go the more lighting they are required to have. Don't know if I would want a bright flashing beacon out my bdrm window. Of course everything has a price.

Super warm here today! Did a 4 mile lunch walk over the Ben Franklin Bridge and back. Going to vote later and maybe run to/from the polling place.

Yesterday I was hoping to run on my local trails but wouldn't you know they shut the park down for a deer hunt instead? Ran on the roads later on instead.

This weekend I got up to Dingman's Ferry and hiked Dingman's Falls, which was just past peak foliage, though we got a glimpse of some nice leaves.

Anyway, nice popping into see all of you.  Hoping everyone's enjoying the fall running season.

QOTD:  PA for Thanksgiving, then NY for my 10 year high school reunion that weekend  

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wonderful day here, too, but no run so far. I doubt I'll do a night run as I'll work early tomorrow. Life is so unfair at times. 

Hoping for better times these coming days.

QOTD: Probably stay at home. Maybe DH and the boys will travel to DC to see my FIL, maybe not.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Korean DMV - you have to take pictures!

Here ya go...  not exactly sure what the traffic light mascot statue was all about...

Actually it wasn't too bad, but we also had a 'helper' from my office guiding us through the process.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL