Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 34 times)

runtraildc

slow this morning, everyone must be out running!  Yesterday was a smorgasbord run with FTYC and kids-- smorgasbord since it had paved trail, dirt towpath, 200 yr old brick sidewalks and a quick metro stop back to the start.  And, it was bike friendly for the younger ones, who got covered in mud despite very little water on the trail.  About 9 miles total.  And thanks to couch for being so patient with DS many stops/slowdowns!  This was his longest run yet.

Today, 4-5 miles on the trail by DH's fishing spot.

qotd:  pass

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got out for a ten mile trail run this morning. The moon was still bright enough I didn't need my headlamp.

I will be heading out this evening for another 6 or 7 with the kid on her bike.

slow this morning, everyone must be out running!  Yesterday was a smorgasbord run with FTYC and kids-- smorgasbord since it had paved trail, dirt towpath, 200 yr old brick sidewalks and a quick metro stop back to the start.  And, it was bike friendly for the younger ones, who got covered in mud despite very little water on the trail.  About 9 miles total.  And thanks to couch for being so patient with DS many stops/slowdowns!  This was his longest run yet.

Today, 4-5 miles on the trail by DH's fishing spot.

qotd:  pass

Another 8 mile trail run for the pooch and me.  We are at an even 400 for the year to date.

QOTD: Pass

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Good Morning everyone!

i have the pleasure of working weekends, and one of my job duties is maintaining our trails. And since it is sunny and going up to 60° today I believe I will go "physically check the trails". Should be about 5 miles, what I usually do is power walk the uphill, and  run everything else. I've got such a tough job!

Sandy-2

A good 10 miler this morning.  Now it's time to taper for next weekend.  I plan to sleep in tomorow and do 4 or 5 later in the day.

Have a nice Easter weekend everybody.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Low_O2

Good morning!

Ran a nice 14.3 mile loop through the desert this morning with the dog, it was a beautiful morning. Ran up and over 3 of the ancient volcanoes in my "backyard", good views of the mountains off in the distance and ~50 hot air balloons floating around. I'm making it a 2 part long run today, I will head out in a bit for another 10 or so pushing DS in the stroller so my wife can have some alone time to get some work done.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

Had a lovely 20 miler on roads this morning in the fog. I had to turn around a bit early due to some, uh, bowel issues (!). I'm heading back out later for the other 10 of my final 30 mile day of this session. 20 more tomorrow and then taper, taper, race!

Have a great weekend everyone.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Afternoon trail peeps! Longest run for me since Hyner of last year - how appropriate it was just in time for Hyner this year (3 weeks!!!).  A total of 24 miles for me of totally ridiculous up and down - total time out was 5 hrs 30 min.  Had the trails to myself until the very end where I met up with a couple of horses (and their riders).  We flipped flopped a couple times as they passed me going up hill and I bombed the downhill.   But I got to thinking on my run of how ridiculous it would be to "normal" people if I explained what I did today.  I went up the mountain and then down the other side, up a second mountain and down the other side of that one.  I went back up the second mountain by a different route and then back down the same second mountain by a different route than I went up (both times).  I then went up the first mountain by a different route I went down the first time.  I then went down the first mountain by the same way I went up---the first time.  Got it? Good.

traildc - nice to hear you and couch got together with the kids.

birdwell - good run by nature's natural flashlight.  I wonder how many lumens that one is?

trail tropmer - 400 eh? That's great.  You and your dog are impressive.

Run Muppy - who do you work for?

sandy - I forget - what are you tapering for?

low - did you happen to get any pics of the balloons? That would be sweet

shoes - n -  shorts - good luck (3 weeks ahead of time)

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

I only got a little over 2.5 miles before my achilles started bothering me again. I'm getting annoyed that it is not getting better so I guess it is time to try some consecutive off days and see if that helps.

Run Muppy: Physically checking the trails sounds like a pretty awesome job duty.

new dream job: being paid to hike all day making sure the trails are still there!

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

14 miles.  In contrast to boyjame, I had no hills whatsoever, since it was along the Delaware canal towpath.  Since it was (I suppose) the 1st day of trout season, the canal was crowded with fishermen whenever there was a road nearby.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Occasional Runner

8 hilly miles with friends in the Wasatch this morning. Beers after. It's an amazing spring day in Utah and all is well.

Sandy-2

sandy - I forget - what are you tapering for? 

Hell's Hill 50 mile next Saturday in Smithville, TX.  Actually I'm treating it like a long training run, so I'm actually kind of taking this week as a cutback week.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Just got back from my first race of the year. Nothing special enough to do a full RR on. It was a 1/2 Marathon, all trail, typical PA trail. Rocks, Roots, mud, stream crossings. steep hills. Overall not as tough as most that I've run in the central part of the state. I did encounter one interesting thing;  a few switchbacks. I'm sure the people that designed that portion of the trail got a beating after they were finished. After all this is Pa, we just go straight up the mountain, switchbacks are sacrilegious Joking. But anyhow, things were going along fairly well, there was very little snow left and some of the trails were quite nice. Then heading down the last long downhill about 1 mile from the finish I rolled my left ankle Angry Cry. Hard enough that I felt it crack. That ended my running. I was able to hobble to the finish. Now I'm at home icing it trying to figure out what this does to my chances of finishing the Hyner 50k. I wouldn't be too concerned if I had already had enough long training days in, but so far my longest is 18.5 miles. I was going to come home  and go for another 8-10 today to get in a long day, now I'll probably be off of running for the next week.

Jame, I had a feeling that  I should have bagged this race and came down and ran with you. Glad to hear your run went well.

Watoni

I had planned a really long run ... but a night of silent disco mayhem (where everyone has headphones listening to the same tunes) nixed that. Still, dancing in a bus going down the highway and through San Francisco, in artist studios on Treasure Island  (we were invited), in the parking lot on the other side of the Golden Gate ... it was worth it.

Still, it was hard getting out for 17 hilly, foggy miles at 8am when I had to get up at 6:30am after getting in well past midnight. Again, worth it though. Saw a friend's new running store, got in a great run, and got some new swag.

Stopped a few times to figure out where I was going in the fog and to just enjoy the scenery!

http://app.strava.com/activities/46522250

muppy

Daydreamer, hope your ankle is ok, that just sucks!

Jame, I work for a hotel in the town made famous by chocolate, we have about 80 acres of woods. Don't wanna say name so not to pop up in google.