Trailer Trash

Wily Wednesdailies (Read 33 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I got out for 7 road miles last night.  Pretty nice run -- no wind, quiet, peaceful.  Today is a SRD.

QOTD: What's the state of your refrigerator?  Do you have molding leftovers from 1998, or just a bottle of ketchup?  What's the oldest thing you have in there?

I'm usually pretty good about not letting things go bad -- easier to do as a single person, I imagine.  I think I have some chia seeds in there form 2010(ish)?  I dunno, it was during the Born to Run craze.  I have no idea if they're still good or not, but they look okay so I just keep hanging onto them...  I have some old beer that I never meant to age too, but that will get consumed eventually.  Sometimes I am shocked by how much crap I have in my fridge just for myself, but I rarely go out to dinner.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Morning!  Yesterday's run didn't happen, mostly because of an unplanned appt that I was able to fit in last minute.  However, today is looking much better.   I'll get out for those 4 miles, with intervals.

qotd:  Oh Mandy, you're digging into our deepest and darkest secrets today!  Mine actually, and uncharacteristically, looks ok right now.  I've been working on it, and think I've removed all the scary stuff.  Usually, I find moldy cheese and sour cream, but those were tossed this weekend.  And I've consolidated all the hot sauce into one bottle, not including the siracha.  We have a condiment problem and I estimate our fridge is at least 40% condiments, pickles, olives and sauces.  And usually once a week, at least one of these containers gets knocked and leaks everywhere.

Marley and I had another great 3 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD:  Well stocked, but up to date.  Nothing ancient at the moment.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run in above-ankle snow yesterday.  Would have gone longer but feet were getting a bit cold.  Road run today and since most side roads aren't plowed too well I'll try to avoid any catastrophic impacts with the moving vehicles.

QOTD:  +1 to condiment hoarding.  Think there's probably 5 or 6 types of hot sauce and Mayo - No Miracle Whip!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Nice trail run of a little over 5 miles on the Cam-rock bike trails real early this morning. Wore spikes and it was a good choice and won't be needing a headlight too much anymore. Most of our increasing light has been being added in the evening but the mornings are getting a wee bit brighter too.

QOTD-right now it looks fine as I just looked but I see a couple questionable leftovers I better decide on soon.

Moonlight--sorry I'm so late but Happy Birthday!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am taking today off.  My snow runs over the weekend did a number on my ankles.  I need more runs like that to build some strength up again.  I need my trail legs back...

QOTD: With moving this last year, we bought a new fridge and threw pretty much everything in our other one out.  So nothing really old in there.  Give it a couple years and I am sure we will have something that will be molding up (usually a condiment of some sort that hides).  But we are usually good about cleaning out our fridge.  There have been times I look in there and there is virtually nothing.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

hog4life

6-8 easy planned for after work.

QOTD, it's clean right now, trying to stay on top of it since the first of the year with this "eating cleaner" thing. Have lost 8 pounds so far, woohoo!

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Doubt I'll get out in time to do a run.

QOTD:  Threw out some moldy cheese last week. Right now the fridge looks pretty good. The freezer is a different story. Things always get pushed to the bottom and forgotten. I just found some deer bologna that has to be over 10 years old.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Haven't ran since Friday due to the nephew visiting but we have been having a lot of fun and spending time in the woods.  He lives today so should run tomorrow.

QOTD: Leftover taco meat and Mexican lasagna, milk, OJ, Cranberry, club soda.  There's some sad looking salad fixing in the drawer.  I usually run a pretty lean fridge.  My husband always says there is nothing in  there.  I know we are out of beer.

Moonlightrunner:  Happy belated birthday.

Hoglife:  Way to go on the 8 pounds.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

I just looked at the Hyner profile again, and decided a treadmill hill workout is necessary tonight. I've been doing them about once a week and finding them pretty effective so far. However, downhill is going to be another story, since I can only run down hills on weekends.  Any recs for quad strengtheners? Definitely going to add more squats to my repertoire.

QOTD: not in the best condition currently. It could use a thorough cleaning.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Opted to run indoors. The temps and wind chill are revealing the wimp in me. Got in a total of 8 miles with 4 at slightly sub-tempo pace and after a mile easy, another 2 at tempo pace, so a good quality workout.

QOTD:  The general state is not too bad. I think the bag of carrots is long overdue for disposal and the mushrooms are at the edge of edibility. I also have some salad dressing that's about 3 years old that I never get around to tossing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in the hills, 5.9 miles of ice (.1 miles of snow )- microspikes rock!

qotd: ours looks pretty good; leftovers get used for lunches- on Sundays we grocery shop and when we return we'll clean out stuff that isn't up to snuff

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

hog4life

6.3 easy with Bella.

Sandy-2

5 miles this evening, went up the little hill.  A nice Thursday evening, lots of folks out walking.

qotd: Just moved in to a new apt and the company bought me a nice new frige.  Plus I just got back from my long trip to The States and I'm off to London next week.  What that means is the thing is basically empty.  Here's a photo, and no that's not a box of cookies....    :-) .

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL