Trailer Trash

Good Morning Sunshine - Sundailies (Read 32 times)

Irish Luck

I wanted to reply to QOTD 2, since it sorta makes me laugh at my naïveté. I wanted to be a shuttle commander on the US Space Shuttle. I had this obsession with NASA's Space Camp and the associated movie of the same title (starring Kate Capshaw aka: Mrs. Spielberg). What I didn't realize was that most astronauts had military experience (which terrified me)...so...no space program for me!

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD1:  It depends we live in an awesome place and lately ALL my vacations have been used to "host" friends and family at my house.  Which means I am a cooking, cleaning and packing while they relax.    That's why this weekend in which "we" did very little, 2 days of running, Fast Fridays and a Saturday movie have been heavenly!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

ceezy

8 wet miles to finish off the week.  Didn't get caught in much heavy rain but it rained very hard just before I left and I was virtually running in some small streams in places.  On the back half of the run, the water was much lower and I was on wonderful soft trails.

Ended up with 40 for the week which is lower than I anticipated but overall an enjoyable week.

AT-runner:

Me cooling off in clear cold stream after the run.  You can't even tell I'm sitting in 6" of water.

Love it....

I have a few nice runs that end with nice streams/rivers nearby that are perfect for ice baths...If I can't make it to a water source then I like to end my showers with some cold water.  The cold water really helps my legs.

Sandy-2

SRD for me today. Lots of family activities.  A nice inside rainy afternoon. I'm now excellent at coloring "hello kitty" in a variety of colors (twin 4 year old neices).

I think I did 70 miles this week, not bad for only being home 2 days this week.

By the way, I agree FTYC has an impressive herd of deer flies up on that mountain. I was going nuts in some places.  No bites on the butt though.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest for me today. Some very impressive runs and weeks for some of you guys.  Training seems to be in full mode for some.

Couch - 100 miles? really? Don't over do it.

AT - I was ready to dive in yesterday morning to a creek after my run.  Not sure what actually stopped me.  One of these days I want to run down your way.  Maybe I could get a guided tour?

Sandy - how many miles will you be pacing at Hardrock this weekend? And hope you have a better time of it than last year? (I least I think it was you, right?)

QOTD 1: Sans kids? I would take a day.  But can't remember the last time we had that so vacations really aren't that restful.

QOTD 2: Don't laugh but I always said I wanted to be a taxi driver.  I have no clue why.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

QOTD 2: Don't laugh but I always said I wanted to be a taxi driver.  I have no clue why.

A taxi driver in a nice sized city can get to see some interesting sights and meet interesting people.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

DW and I did 3 HOT hours on some hilly trails today.  Garmin showed mile 3 to 4 was 525' elevation, and my legs agree with that (Jamezilla, we were on the Ironmaster Trails).   

Just after the last aid station?  The whole course is kind of a blur now, but that creek looks familiar.

**Ask me about streaking**