Trailer Trash

Headphone recommendations? (Read 34 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

The ear buds I've been using decided they don't like to stay in my ears.  I'm looking for something that wraps around the ears so that I don't have to keep adjusting them.  I'm not an audiophile, but I can tell the difference between a crap pair and decent headphones, so sound quality should be at least reasonable.  Also, I'm not interested in spending a fortune on them, but would consider it if they are really there is something that is leaps and bounds above.

Whatcha got?

**Ask me about streaking**

Gator eye

I got a pair of Polk wrap arounds, they stay in and have decent sound and so far sweat and water hasn't bothered them.

Disclaimer, I quit using music last year, although on those days I plan on going extra long I still carry them in my bag just in case I need a little mental distraction.

Messenjah

I've got ones similar to these. Keep in mind that they are not exactly like the ones I have but VERY similar. They come with 2 little pieces that turn them from earbuds to "over the ear" earbuds. The thing that I love the most? The fact that you can shorten the cord and put in a front pocket of your pack or in a chest jacket pocket. The cord that comes out of the headphones is about 18 inches long and the extension is another 18 or so inches. The sound is good but the price was more than I really wanted to spend, but worth it since the cord could be adjusted.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX71SLA-Fontopia-Bud-Style-Headphones/dp/B000JKHXRO/ref=sr_1_49?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1389985280&sr=1-49&keywords=headphones

Has anyone tried any of the Bluetooth headphones?  I really like the idea of no cord, but I've hesitated because of the price.

Messenjah

I have. I don't need another thing that has a potentially dead battery though.

Has anyone tried any of the Bluetooth headphones?  I really like the idea of no cord, but I've hesitated because of the price.

muppy

I have a pair of $30 over the ear yurbuds from walmart. I like them, sweat and water proof. I've had them so long the rubber on the cord is wearing out in spots but still work!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

To keep my ear buds from falling out, I run the cord thru my headband or the back strap of my hat, so there is less weight on my ears.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I picked up some yurbuds.  My first impression is that they are very good.  They allow in ambient noise and I can actually hear myself talk when I have them in...this could save my life so worth some extra $$$ (at least thats what I told future wife).  The sound quality is better than the skull candy earbuds I was using too. Plus, they are guaranteed to not fall out of your ear.  Thanks for the recommend Muppy (everyone else too!).

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I've got over the ear yurbuds that are going on two years and close to 3500 miles- I think they were under $30- definitely have gotten my $ worth- they don't fall out, they seem to do pretty good in inclement weather and the sound is good (probably not great if you're an audiophile)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √