Trailer Trash

Sleeply Sundailies (Read 27 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little sleepy this morning.  Dreamed I was running in cowboy boots with no socks and we all no if you are going to run in boots you should socks.  Smile

Planning 17 to 20 soon.

QOTD: What day do you do your long run?  We mostly do it on Sunday which I prefer.  When I do it on Saturday then I am usually too tired to get much chores done on Sunday whereas if I run Sunday I get chores done Saturday and rest at work on Monday...I sit for a living.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

I'm working today...so planning 4ish tonight.

Qotd: IG I do a long it is likely during the week of on Sunday. I prefer during the week...every one rules is at work

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Woke up feeling good, but I seem to have caught some stomach bug - again...

Still, I made a zucchini bread this morning instead of going for a run. Undecided

Yesterday, when I was getting up from the couch, my ankle suddenly hurt like hell, I am not sure what this was about. Sure enough, the ankle is hurting a bit here and there now, too, and that also limits my desire to run.

So I'm planning on running some miles today, but I'm not sure where or how long.

QOTD: I usually work on Sundays, and my schedule is irregular in general. So I just throw in a long run when it fits in, not on a particular day of the week.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Had a great 7 mile trail run, weather was perfect (70's, low humidty, low dew pt) just like SF

Bay area weather. I still have some work to in order to figure out my foot pain, but using my

wide toe box Brooks Pure Grits are better than the narrow Asics I tried yesterday. I also taped

the friction point.

QOTD: I do my LR on Saturday, then I take a nap.

Snowdenrun

Morning Trailers!

Race yesterday went well..for a first timer. Work following the run sucked. I actually left a bit early to hit up the liquor store and get my finishers beer that I had been craving for 10 hours. RR at some point. Probably a rest day today seeing as how sore my knees are.

QOTD: I generally do my long runs on Wednesday. I have Wednesday and Thursday off work. I used to run long on Thursday since Wednesday is fire drill in the pm and I like to save some energy for that. But since DBF and I bought a boat and FINALLY ended up with a day off together, we hit the water on Thursday.

muppy

Plan on 6 tonight.

QOTD I work weekends and off tues-wed, so I try for long run on Tuesday.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD after yesterday's race- I think a nice walk this evening will be just what the doctor ordered

qotd: usually Saturday, but it's nice to have Sunday as a backup- my new job gives me all weekends off, so that's a nice change Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I got in a little over 8 miles last night. Temp was only 73 but humidity was 98% for a dew point of 71. Seems like I just can't find a time to run when it's comfortable Angry.   No running today, spending the day at work.

QOTD: Long run??? What's that?? I've been hardly getting in any of those this summer. However, when I do, there is no rhyme nor reason to the day other then I happen to have the time. My life is too chaotic to have a regular training schedule.

Low_O2

Hello all.

Got in 13.7 miles with ~4000ft of gain up the La Luz trail yesterday with the dog. Started out feeling pretty good but realized the legs are still pretty tired and it ended up being one of my slowest times in a while on that route. Didn't help that I seemed to have picked up some sort of cold bug..

Today I headed out on the foothills trails pushing DS in the stroller while my wife got in some miles on her mountain bike. Pushing the stroller on the trails went better than expected and I think there is potential for some stroller pushing trail runs. Will be nice to get off the paved bike path when I'm on daddy duty. Hoping to get out later for a test ride of DS's new bike seat as well.

Looks like it was a busy racing weekend. Looking forward to reading through all the RRs when I get a chance.

QOTD: Almost always Saturday for the long runs.

Sandy-2

Did 6 miles yesterday which felt pretty good, then did another 6 miles this morning which felt great.  My hip seems to be totally better, yay !!!

My DD's 650 to 700 mile multi-day horse race on the Mongolian Steppe started on Saturday night our time.  The rules of the race state they can only ride in the daylight hours (7am to 8:30pm).  They change horses every 40km (25 miles) and they typically stay in those aid stations during the night, but they can also ride on and spend the night out in the open wherever they are at 8:30pm.  She is the only rider that made it to AS-3 (75 miles) on the first day which had a late start.  The other riders are 25 miles behind her as AS-2.  It is very early and likely that it will take 6 or 7 days.  She told me she was going to make the bold move, so let's see how it goes.  But the chase is on.  Fingers crossed.

qotd: Saturday.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

ended up doing a sweaty 18.

Sandy I may not comment every time but please do keep us posted on your daughter, I am very interested.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

ended up doing a sweaty 18.

Sandy I may not comment every time but please do keep us posted on your daughter, I am very interested.

Smile  Here's the race site's summary from Day 1.

http://mongolderbyblog.theadventurists.com/2013/08/04/race-report-day-1-sunday-4th-august/

tbd.

Chnaiur

8 in the park. Today again my body ran like clockwork: medium speed at low effort. This means I'm not on track in my plan to wear myself down for a productive recovery week on the beach starting Saturday.

QOTD: Dunno. It used to be Thursday, but my work world is in flux, and I haven't figured out to adapt. This is the first time in three years I have both the people who work for me, and the people I work for in the same building as I. That's very different from having a few timezones of separation.

The summary is that I'm struggling in the long run department right now, and need to figure it out.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

NorthernHarrier

Another beautiful day here, life is good. Smile  Was cranking again today, this time out at Blue Mounds right after lunch. Had the trails to myself, a nice contrast to yesterday. Can't believe how things have started finally coming back together, been a long awhile since I was feeling this good. So even though my legs were shot from a longish effort followed by a road biking yesterday I was still able to apply a solid effort today followed by a mountain biking stretch.

Time to remind myself though that I am a mere mortal and take a day off tomorrow.

QOTD--I currently have no real schedule. Just watch the weather and my calendar,  family, heading north, etc.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

6 mile trail run and 25 geared single track miles which was sub 4 hours.  I ran and rode hard, 4000 feet of climbing total.  This week will be more running less mtn biking.

Be well.

ultraendure.blogspot.com