Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 31 times)

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run.  It threatened rain but held off for our run.  A little rain would actually have been nice since it was pretty sticky.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

3.7 this morning. May run again later, but it will be after dark.

QOTD: What do you consider a reasonable price for running shoes?

I think $75 is about right. However, I will go up to about $125 or so on certain shoes. But it is rare that I spend over 75.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning, trailers. I think today will be a rest day after a late return home last night.  With back to school activities and a charred garage to look over,  my expectations for exercise today are not high.

qotd: I prefer to pay around $75, but will go up to $125.  Anything more, they need to be extra special, come with fairy dust or guarantee  that I will run faster.  I came across some Cascadia 8s at REI last week at half off ($60).  I was really tempted, but heard too many negative things about this version.  They didn't feel right, either.  I hope I don't regret it, but I have some shoes in storage, so I didn't really need them.

Have a good day!

QOTD:  I don't know about "right" but I try to pay as little as possible by buying a couple pairs of last year's model when I can find my size on sale.  I try to spend $75 or less, but if I need shoes and none of my model is on sale I might spend $120 or so.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a nice and quiet 3.5 last night around the neighborhood.  I have already run more miles this month than any other month this year and there is still plenty to go.  It's been a long year and I think (knock on wood) that I may have turned a corner.

QOTD: I like the $50-$79 range.  That usually means that I got a good deal.  I have paid more than $100 but it pains me to do so.  This is piggybacking yesterday's qotd but I wish I could find "the one" so I could then stock up on that shoe when I found it on sale.  I liked the Cascadia 7's but cannot seem to find them in my size.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

Track workout this morning with a group I run with occasionally - organized by the bike shop in town, mostly triathletes show up.  Felt good - haven't run fast in a few weeks.

QOTD:  I agree - try to spend under $75 by buying older versions of my trusty models, but will sometimes spend $100-$110, usually for new-to-me models that seem worth trying.

Occasional Runner

Shitty 5 mile trail run this morning. I got in from work around midnight and woke up at 3:00 AM. I should have just stayed in bed. I don't even need the damn miles.

QOTD: Jo buys my shoes on Amazon for about $60 and I wear them for about 1000 miles. I refuse to pay anymore than I have to for shoes and on occasion, I get a few pairs for free.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Stop the presses, I was able to run yesterday evening (a nice 8 mile run in the hills)- after ~ 45 days straight of hot weather, we finally got a cold front to move in and it was a lovely 73 degrees at 5:30 pm.  Looks like we have several more cool days ahead Smile

qotd: I don't think I've ever paid over a $100, I almost always have a spare pair (or two) in the wings that I've bought on sale- so it lets me wait until the next sale

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Thanks Warden, we now have your heat. And wretched humidity. And T-storms.

Ran for an hour around the hood. Started raining right at the start and almost turned around thinking I'll just do the elliptical and watch Seinfeld but I gutted thru it.  Actually the rain turned to real light sprinkles and it felt really nice.  Gonna be challenging over the next 5-6 days to get good workouts in.

QOTD--Think I only went over a $100 once.  I usually cruise certain sites trying to find my models at bargain or sale prices and shop way out in advance. But nowadays with only running half of what I used to what I currently have should last quite awhile. Probably need some new road shoes this winter though.

moonlightrunner

I am not making any predictions on what I will run. Family difficulties tend to spring up constantly. Hoping for 18...but it might be 0.

Harrier: we are getting storms, heat and humidity here too. It is supposed to feel lime 100 this weekend.  yuck.

Qotd: I try for under $100. But...i prefer to shop where i can return them if they dont work out. I will pay a higher price to have that option

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Ran 6 miles on a new to me section of the  Horseshoe Trail last night, the first half-mile was  through the woods then the rest was on the roads. Was still a nice run.

QOTD I try to get them on sale, but because I wear a wide size it's tough to get them. Anything under $80 and I'm happy!

AT-runner

Tim

Happy S-H-I-T day. (Sorry Honey It's Thursday).  DW and I ran 12 miles on a logging road.  Actually I ran 7 miles at a great pace in the heat and then crashed and burned and limped home at a much slower pace.  DW caught up to me and told me  looked like Shit.  That's always nice to hear when you still have 3 miles to get back to the car.  It was 86 degrees when we finished and i was down 5 pounds when I got home.  Looks like summer is back.

QOTD:  $100 is my limit.  I'll usually buy 2 pairs at the same time and hold one pair for a couple of months.  I get a healthy discount as a former XC coach from my LRS.  He knows I'm retired from coaching, but I sent so many runners to him that he still gives me a break.  I just paid $85 for Altra Lone Peaks that were $120 retail.

To answer yesterday's QOTD, I'm fortunate to be able to wear any type of shoe.  I also like to mix them up, like Harrier.  Currently have in rotation, Inov8 235's, Altra Olympus (2 pairs), Altra Lone Peak model 1.5 and 2.0, and Ascis Kayano for the road.  Just retired my Hoka Bondi's because of mileage, and in favor of the Olympus (my new favorite shoe).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn't get out if bed but planning after work run....

qotd:  Since I have been wearing the same shoe for the last 5 years I can get online for under $75 which is good.  If trying a new shoe I may pay $120 to try a new shoe but it kills me especially when it doesn't work out like the Cascadia 8.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

The ankle is coming along nicely but nowhere near ready for running on it, or even walking too far. I was going to try to get out for a bike ride but now there are storms rolling in and while I love riding in the rain I don't really feel like being out on wet roads with a weak ankle that might give me problems unclipping. Looks like I'll just work on strength training instead.

QOTD: Wow, bunch of cheapskates here . I think the price of shoes is ridiculous, I just don't see why it should cost $170 for a pair of running shoes. That being said, however, I have paid that much for a pair of Hokas. That was the first generation Mafates and there was no choice. I just picked up a pair of Mafate 3 for $99.98 at runnerswarehouse. While I would like to see shoes under 100, and I shop to find the best deals,  I will pay what I need to to get what I like and what works for me. If that's $170, so be it.  For years I didn't run much due to getting sore feet.  My mother can barely walk some days due to major foot problems that the podiatrist blames on a combination of genetics and wearing poor shoes. She was never overweight, never ran, and bought shoes based on price alone even if they didn't fit or feel right.  I'd like to run and hike into my 90s so I'll pay what it takes to protect my feet.

XtremeTaper

Late to the show today. Golf in the afternoon and a 7 mile trail run along Green Lane yesterday. Took the easy side of the lake for a change. Crowded out there. Ran into a group of trail runners I know at the halfway point so that made for a nice change of pace. Of course I had the gsp with me as well. Sort of funny.. she was running alongside me then just decided to pass everyone and get to the head of the group. So there she was leading the way down the trail with some strangers and myself in tow. She is one cool dog.

Tonight, 7 miles on the trails of Monocacy Hill. I am on the 7 mile plan this week.

QOTD: Don't really pay much attention. I guess most of my shoes list for $100-110 right now but I get a 15-20% discount from my LRS. I could buy cheaper online I suppose, but finally having a good LRS nearby, I support his store.

Muppy - What part of the horseshoe trail? I've covered the entire trail and remember the section at the start after Valley Forge, and also the section near Hershey had a lot of road.

ATRunner - How are the Olympus Altras? I've been running in the Lone Peak and Superior. The Superior is my "fast"/"easier" trail shoe. I was not brave enough to use them at the HalfWit.

In dog beers, I've only had one.