Trailer Trash

Friday Night's Alright (Read 36 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 6 last night. Plan on 4 or 5 this afternoon.

Tried out a new trail last night. The city put in a multi use path that runs the base of the east bench mountain in our town.

I got to put the first footprints on the thing, as they finished paving it yesterday.

QOTD: pass

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in just under 4 this morning with a friend.  Was cursing myself earlier for making those plans, hoping to get a text saying she was going to bail.  We both showed up and had a pretty good run.  Much faster than I would have done on my own, so definitely worth giving up some sleep.

Good luck to the racers this weekend!

qotd:  Any plans for this weekend?   DS2 has a big swim meet tomorrow, early, so that eats up a chunk of the day.  Other than that, though, we have the whole weekend to ourselves.  I also need to submit payment for the VHTRC women's trail HM in early Sept.  So maybe I also need to run this weekend 

Marley and I did an easy 5 mile trail run in perfect weather.

QOTD: No, nothing special.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I are going hiking today at a larger state park that somehow I have been to many times, but never by myself.  (DL for NorthernHarrier.)  I hope it's not too crowded since it's Friday and not the weekend.  It's been a lovely long weekend so far already.  I may get a burrito after I am done. 

QOTD: Nada.  Might go see my BFF and go for a boat ride tomorrow.  Who knows.  I just needed some relaxing time and I am getting it.  It's been nice.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Yesterday was a total write-off. Woke up feeling rotten and never really got it together. Drank about 10qts of water and went to bed early(didn't wet the bed)  Much better today and got in my 1100 yds in the pool and then a good workout in the cave already. Heading north after work.

Mandy--My other trail bud was just asking me yesterday about the mtn. biking trails there. I told him I know nothing. What do you know about them?

QOTD--Tonight starts a week vacation up at my shack. I will be multi-tasking and cross-training. A little fishing, canoeing, biking, running, a couple long open water swims, a couple projects, etc.  I'll have to go back to work to rest, that's if I come back. One of these days that just might happen.

moonlightrunner

Good morning! I love Fridays! Most everything good is even better on Friday, and bad things are more tolerable (referring to work stuff).

I am going to do a hill work out today. It will be a lot of walking between hills. I am planning 20. Or...as much as iI can do of it.

Qotd: 20 Saturday, 10 Sunday with mowing and gardening and grandchildren in between. Maybe a trip to the local zoo with tge grandson.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

I actually ran 3 miles after work yesterday.  After the first little bit I actually felt pretty good.  I have been sleeping and eating like crazy since last weekend.  I can't seem to get enough of either.  This morning I finally weighed myself and found out that I'm still 5lbs less than before last weekend.  A bit of a surprise there, but I guess that is what an 85 mile, 40 hour trek in the mountains will do for you.

I may do another 3 or 4 miles after work today, but we are supposed to get even more thunderstorms today than yesterday. We'll see.

qotd: nothing exciting planned, we'll probably do some house cleaning...  yuck.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

10 miles in the mountains with the pup this morning. She had another confrontation with a mountain lion. That dumb dog is fearless!

QOTD: Working as a race reporter at Speedgoat for iRunfar tomorrow. Hoping to log some miles on the course when I get finished. Sunday will be a short run, followed by the gym, followed by a long run.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  I have some good mileage already this week, so will rest up for weekend.

Lace - do you every run on Antelope Island SP?

QOTD:  Just cleaning up the house and yard to get ready for a big family reunion at our place next weekend.  DW has to cover at work late tonight and DS is coming home for a visit, so I'm sure a craft beer run in in the works.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Lunch ride today hopefully, then my mom comes for a visit. Maybe a short hike?

QOTD: Mom's visit, hopefully lots of riding this weekend

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

Will go out for an easy 6-8 later.

QotD:  20 ish tomorrow and a wine event in Napa Sunday.

Occasional Runner

Lace - do you every run on Antelope Island SP?

I run there a lot, but only about 8 months out of the year. It's not a very hospitable place in the summer. There's NO shade, the bugs are terrible and the lake smells like shit. It's the best option for long runs in the winter, though. I really like running out there.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

headed to the gym for some strength training, travel to Bozeman this afternoon to make a mandatory pre-race briefing

qotd: will be running in the Devil's Backbone on Saturday- 25 miles along the spine of the Gallatin Range, 20 of those miles above 9500'- should be gorgeous!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

SRD due to work. Legs feeling a little more  tired then usual from yesterdays run. I normally wear Hokas. yesterday I switched to my NB 1210s. I could tell my legs and feet were taking more of a beating but I didn't think it would leave me sorer then normal.

QOTD: This is my weekend to work so no major plans. My weekend is a 24 hour shift on Friday and another on Sunday. That gives me some time to get out and about on the Saturday depending on how busy I was overnight and my need for sleep. Planning a 13.1 mile road run tomorrow but may switch to a nice long bike ride depending on my mood.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Trying to get myself out the door, while desperately searching for excuses for not having to run. That said, at least I don't accept "I have already run close to 60 miles in the last 7 days" for bailing out. I can feel the miles, and the lack of sleep, but I still feel undertrained. I feel and perform about the same as 2 months ago, before the pneumonia interrupted my training. I just wish I had 2 more months left to prepare. At the same time, I know that avoiding overuse injuries and getting enough rest are key now, so I'm planning on 2 more hard training weeks, and then a 2-week taper. I hope it will work right.

QOTD: my boys want to go see a movie at the theater,and the daughter of a.friend has a theater/dance performance that I've been invited to to watch. And all I want to do is catch up on some sleep...  Is sleeping in the theater acceptable if my family does not notice it? (if I don't snore?) 

Run for fun.