Trailer Trash

Christmas Daily! (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

Merry Christmas Trailers!

It's a Christmas Miracle! We haven't has any snow this year, but we woke up to a white Christmas! This will make it special for a lot of kids, I'm sure.

I'm taking the pup into the mountains right before sunrise so we can play on the fresh powder. We'll do an easy 5 or 6.

QOTD: Do you traditionally have a big holiday dinner on Christmas day, or have another Christmas meal tradition?

We do a big crockpot of chili so we can relax and we love the way it makes the house smell. We always get it started right before we open gifts and let it cook all day. It's just the two of us, so our day is pretty mellow.

Sandy-2

Merry Christmas.

Due to jetlag I was wide awake at 2:30, tossed and turned all night then at 5::00 I gave up and went for a nice 5 mile run.  Now my DW and I are having a quiet morning with coffee.  Kids are sleeping so we won't open presents until hours from now.  Maybe I can get an hour's sleep when I crash.

qotd: Yes we usually do a big feast.  This year it is a large tenderloin of beef with all the trimmings.  Gonna be great..

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Heading out the door in a few minutes for a quick 3 miler before presents and the airport.  I love traveling on christmas day.  Quietest day of the lot.  We haven't opened any presents here-- the kiddos need to finish their packing first.  Sounds harsh, I know, but I'm over nagging about it.  This seems to be motivating them.

qotd:  Yes, we'll have a big dinner with my mom, siblings and niece tonight.  She always goes out with 4 kinds of starches, salty meat, you know, hearty farm food, except we're not farmers nor work nearly that hard.   We've gotten her to simplify the menu and accept help the last couple of years.  Much more enjoyable for everyone.

Occasional Runner

A few pics from our morning run.

AT-runner

Tim

Merry Christmas, trailers.  All the kids are together under one roof, I don't need anything more.

DW and I are heading out for a short run in the SP trails.  DS is going to hike while we run.

Lace - Nice pictures.  We got tons of rain and fog last night.

Sandy - Welcome back to the Colonies.  Enjoy the family.

runtraildc - Safe travels.

QOTD:  Last night at Mom's house for shrimp and lasagna before we did Mass at 10pm.  This morning we did the traditional eggs Benedict meal for our immedidate family (28 years now for us, but DW's mother has done it for decades).  Today back to Mom's with all my siblings and family for another big meal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for a 7.4 mile loop before dinner. It's partly sunny with temps in the mid 40's. Hopefully the sun will stay out while I'm running. Haven't had much of that this month.

Lace - That's beautiful.

Sandy- Is Christmas a big holiday in Korea?

Runtrail - I wish we could have persuaded my mom to tone down Christmas dinner. It had to be  a big spread and when she couldn't do it anymore she quit instead of accepting help and changing her routine.

AT - Enjoy the family

QOTD: We will always do a turkey or ham. We try to keep it simple.

Sandy-2

Sandy- Is Christmas a big holiday in Korea?

Yes it is big. Roughly 25% of Koreans are Christians.  Plus there are lots of others who seems to just like the idea of a holiday and gift-giving. It is a national holiday.

Here's a photo from a "night market" where they had lots of lights and shops open.

Look at this store I found...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

dpc3

Got in a short 3.5 with the devil dog this afternoon.

QOTD: Depend on if we have company in visiting. If we do then yes big meal, if not its pretty relaxed with the kids hanging out playing and munching all day long.

Merry Christmas all, I am off to drink some bourbon and beer. Enjoy!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Merry Christmas everyone!

we got a pretty good dump of snow last night too (~ 6"), got a 5-ish mile run in (sure takes longer bucking snow!)

qotd: prime rib is going in in 5 minutes  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got in a small progression run though the pacing wasn't as fast as I had hoped.

QOTD: No big holiday dinner or traditional meal. I generally celebrate holidays by myself and do whatever I like. I felt lazy today so rather than the tilapia, pilaf, salad, and wine I had tentatively planned, I'm having grilled ham and cheese. For New Year's Eve I'll fix something a little more fancy, typically some kind of seafood with crab or lobster.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Merry Christmas!

DD and I had a 3.5 night run, Christmas Lights and trail run combined. Good thing we have a short trail loop of about 1 mile right behind our neighborhood. It was really fun, and DD (after she had gotten over the "That's really creepy!" mantra for the first few minutes in the woods) enjoyed her first night trail run.

Kelly, Sandy: Great pictures!

QOTD: We usually have a nice Christmas dinner, but not too big of a feast. Not as big as the Thanksgiving dinner, but that's also due to the fact that it's just our small family for Christmas, not like Thanksgiving with all the extended family. This year, we had a turkey dinner with several sides.
                        The kids and I had made cookies and candies yesterday, so we enjoyed those for dessert!

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas- it was great reading all of the stories! No miles for me today.

qotd: Things have simplified in the past few years so that I don't have to drag my kids all over town. We just head to my folks at some point and everybody gathers, my mom dessicates some roast beef and we spend the evening together, and actually, it's great.

Watoni

Merry Christmas!

Just back from the hospital, catering Christmas eve and Christmas at my mother-in-law's hospital room -- have been cooking and cleaning a ton with no time for running, but sometimes things are more important than running!