Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 36 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 4 miles of hill repeats this morning, focusing on cadence up and down the hill.

Last night I hit the gym for the first time, not sure that I care for it, but I'll give it a go. They have five "stairs of death" machines. Tried one of those for a bit. That was different.

QOTD: for those that have done any kind of race, how did you feel the week or two leading up to the race?

my first ultra is next weekend (Moab Red Hot 55k) and I can't decide if I'm excited or nervous.

MTA name of race

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! Hour at the gym - intervals on the bike and focused the weights on legs mostly.

Birdwell - good luck! What race are you doing? Red Hot??

QOTD: I am usually a combo of anxious and excited.  Funny things is that I am fine once I get to the race and pick up my stuff and prepare.  But the week leading up to, especially the day before, and the drive to the race site are way too anxious for me.  I have no clue why.  It's not like I am competing.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Wandering Wally

Morning!

Ended up running 70 minutes last night, mostly in my targeted heart rate zone.  Had to take a few short walk breaks to come back down into the zone.

QOTD - Anxious until the race actually starts then I'm all good.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

runtraildc

Morning trailers!

4 miles last night with the boy.  I had tired legs and his were fresh.  I see the future and it will be hard to keep up.  no side stitches, though, so that was good.

birdwell- I stay away from those machines at the gym and keep to the weights and yoga.  Good luck on your race this weekend!

Boyjame- doesn't matter how slow and non-competitive I am, nerves are part of the game for me, too.

trail hippy-- thanks for keeping us posted on the heart rate training.

qoted:  nerves, excitement, and sometimes regret along the lines of why I am putting myself through this, but on the day of-- only excitement.

Got in 4 easy miles in the snow last night.  It was slow, but fun.

Tonight will be hill repeats thrown into a 6 miler.

QOTD:  I get nervous/anxious the week before a race, usually because I'm tapering and can't get that nervous energy out via running!

Good morning,

Another rest day for me (I probably won't run until Friday at the earliest).  Still feeling tightness in my calves and my feet are tender, but it's definitely getting better by the day.  I'm also suffering from a bit of after-race letdown; despite the suffering I want to do it again!  (And I will be considering I've signed up for Cascade Crest in August).

qotd: depends on the race.  If I'm treating it as a training run, I'm fine.  But with goal races?  Definitely a combination of anxiety, nervousness, excitement and a tad bit of fear!

Marley and I had a great 5 mile trail run starting in the early morning darkness. There was just enough snow on the trails to make the way obvious against the mostly brown forest floor.

QOTD: I don't race much (at all?) these days, but the more serious the effort the more nervous I am.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Trail Monster

10-ish easy later.

QOTD: I don't get nervous much anymore. I've done a lot better since I stopped worrying so much and just focus on going out to plan and eating/drinking on time.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Morning all. Woke up early at did 10 on the Hat 50K course this morning before work. Nice run in the dark.

Birdwell-way to go on the hill repeats...and right before your first ultra. Brave, good luck this weekend.

boyjame-your workout reminds me that I need to do some gym work with my legs, good stuff.

mjsmith-good run last night.

runtraildc-you'll just have to take him out and longer runs thats all. Experience trumps all!!!!!

TnC-more people doing hill repeats...do work

EDRW-enjoy the rest and belatted congrats on your finish. We going to get a RR soon?

Trail Tromper-another solid run with the pup

Banshee-Enjoy your 10 later

qotd: always feel really nervous. I need to relax more.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Yesterday's planned run spontaneously turned into a gym workout. It totaled something like 112 floors in 30 min stairmaster, and 7.2 miles in a double-hill pattern on the elliptical in 1 hr. Running is so much easier...

Today, my running buddy is taking me on a 11.5 mile run, it should be easy-peasy. Well, we'll see about that.

Birdwell: Nice gym workout. How do you like those stairs? I find it very hard to push those pedals down, maybe I'm not the right weight for this machine, or is there a trick that I'm not aware of?

Jamie: Good morning workout!

smith: Great run! I always wonder what happens if the HR goes up too high for a longer period (say, 1/2 hr) during a run? This often happens to me.

traildc: Nice run with the kid! Glad those side stitches stayed away!

Cocktails: Sounds like a wonderful snow run!

EDRW: You are amazing! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

TT: Your dog sure keeps you right up to the task! Sounds like a pleasant morning run in the snow!

Banshee: Enjoy your run later!

QOTD: For goal races, or a new distance, it's a mix of anxiety and excitement. Even when I'm well trained, I am never sure I will succeed on longer ultra distances. Still, my second 50-miler was a lot less loaded with uncertainty than the first one.

For shorter races,it's usually excitement, and fun. And once I have crossed the starting line, I'm all business, and the emotions subside quickly.

Enjoy the humpday, trailers!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

made it back home yesterday, looks like almost all of our snow is gone (but replaced w/ mud!)- I'm going to hit the gym this evening for some strength training-haven't hit the weights in over a week

qotd: definitely excited, with maybe just a wee bit of anxiousness Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

EDRW-enjoy the rest and belatted congrats on your finish. We going to get a RR soon?

Yes!  I'm hosting a personal chef meeting tonight but will get started on one on Thursday.  Fair warning: my reports are LONG Smile

Yes!  I'm hosting a personal chef meeting tonight but will get started on one on Thursday.  Fair warning: my reports are LONG Smile

Daydreamer1

Planning on either my normal 10k loop or possibly an expanded 8 miler. It all depends on time.

QOTD: For some reason I don't really get too nervous or excited before a race. The funny thing is I will get slightly anxious before a longer training run, especially if I haven't done that particular course before. I have my first ultra scheduled in April and i will admit that I'm getting a little concerned because I don't have any truely long distance training runs in yet this year. I do, however, tend to get a little emotional at the end of my races.

Occasional Runner

I had to get up at 3:00 AM so I could get my run in before flying out. It was -28 this morning, but no wind. I managed wish miles.

QOTD: I'm emotionally neutral before a race.