Trailer Trash

Westward Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

No run today, and maybe none for a while unless I run somewhere along the way during the drive out.

Woke up with "an itch to fly so I flew".  I packed and am heading out on my trip to Ihaho.  It is snowing in Ketchum, ID where my ride starts but will be in the upper 70's when I get there. It is supposed to get up near 100 here today and I will be glad to escape that.

The hardest part is leaving poor Marley with no running for that long.  She will mope a good bit.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning Folks!

got in just over 5 late last night.

TT- Drive safe, have fun!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Have to go into work early today, so run will happen this afternoon- weather is perfect- highs in the upper 50's.  Have a nice 8 mile loop planned

TT- have a great trip

qotd: normal breakfast?  I eat the same breakfast (save most Sunday mornings where I splurge on a big cooked breakfast) every morning- whole grain cereal w/ fruit, slice of pumpkin bread (or some other variety) w/ whipped cream cheese and a glass of orange juice.  Always followed w/ a 2 shot latte Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning, trailers!  Didn't run last night, so I got up and did 4.5 miles this morning while the kids were in the pool.  Cooler out (high 70s) but much more humid.   Changed my route up a bit and worked in a new hill.  My legs never fully recovered after it and it was a slog back to the pool.

TT-- good luck with the trip!  And tell the wife to send Marley to camp at my house.  Between two runners, two boys and a lot of streams and parks, she should stop moping asap.

qtod:  coffee.  And then more coffee.  Once that's done, I figure out some food, usually oatmeal, cereal or toast, sometimes eggs.

AT-runner

Tim

I may do the unthinkable and run on the treadmill today at lunch.  It's already 92 degrees here, and like TT, is going over 100 degrees.  Since I need to be attentive in the afternoons, I don't have time for heat related tiredness.

TT - safe travels.

Birdwell - how's the little one doing?

mtwarden - I like your forecast better!

QOTD:  Bowl of cereal, or oatmeal or a Slimfast if I'm in a hurry.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Planned on 6 miles this AM but my sleep was rudely interrupted by my fiance coming home late and I just couldn't get myself out of bed today. Going to the gym at lunch instead for some weights.

QOTD: I go in phases, but now I change it up between egg & avocado toast, cereal, or yogurt.

Sandy-2

Sitting in the airport waiting for my delayed flight to Wyoming. Grrrrr, I hate flying domestic.  I'll run a few miles when I get up there.

TT: be safe. (I know I don't have to remind you that drivers suck regarding riders.) Don't worry, I predict that your pup will forgive you the second you get back.

Bird: nice.

mtw: enjoy the run later.

rtdc: nice multi-tasking.

AT: sometimes you just have to say "WTF treadmill it is."

TnC: enjoy the gym.

qotd: typically yogurt and then a little later a granola bar. Both with fake coffee (I only drink decaf).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Gator eye

40 minutes on eliptical then walked a fast 10 on the treadmill set at 15% grade. Calf is still complaining anytime I get above a fast walk, this injury is looking like it's going to need more time off than I thought.

QOTD I mix it up between oatmeal or a couple eggs and toast.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Calf is still complaining anytime I get above a fast walk, this injury is looking like it's going to need more time off than I thought.

I did the same thing in April, testing the calf every few days, once I gave it a solid week it healed enough to run. Just sayin.

I did a very slow 5 miles this morning, it was hot and sticky at 6:30.

QOTD: I have a coffee before my run, then a bagel w/ cream cheese while driving to work.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on heading out into the heat soon, 88 degrees, but not too humid. Maybe 5-8 miles.

QOTD: Triple portion oatmeal, usually Apple-Cinnamon or Maple and Brown Sugar, with raisins and walnuts. Cafix or green tea, in the summer often iced tea. Sometimes I trade the oatmeal for eggs and cheese on an English muffin, but not often.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing yet...was in the city and not too motivated to get out of bed for pavement.

Qotd: if I run I have a big glass of milk when I get back and then later a hard boil egg and then later a Greek yogurt ...which leads me up to lunch.

Runtraildc: Hope you flush after dropping those kids off at the poor. 

TT: Poor Marley, my husband always says Earl gets depressed when I am gone because of no runs.  But like Sandy said, he'll forgive you.

Sandy: Wyoming....Bighorn?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Sandy: Wyoming....Bighorn?

Yup.  The 100 starts at 11am mountain time on Friday. My number is 221. FYI, there is an App to follow, but I'm not sure about following online. Planning to take it a bit slow this time, gonna respect the climbs and the mid-day heat and full sun. I need to get the finish to use as a Hardrock qualifier.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yup.  The 100 starts at 11am mountain time on Friday. My number is 221. FYI, there is an App to follow, but I'm not sure about following online. Planning to take it a bit slow this time, gonna respect the climbs and the mid-day heat and full sun. I need to get the finish to use as a Hardrock qualifier.

Good luck...Friday at work will be enhanced by following you.  Cgerber will be there pacing a friend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄