Trailer Trash

Brazos Bend 100 RR (Read 40 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my report from this weekend. A fun race, with some growing to do, but I think it has a bright future.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2014/12/brazos-bend-100-running-with-gators.html

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly.  I was wondering how CC went.  Sorry you couldn't defend.  Did LB2 get to pace anyone or did he help out at the AS with

you?

I run in SC every year, and always like running by the gators.  However, the wild hogs don't sound like fun.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Nice job, Kelly.  I was wondering how CC went.  Sorry you couldn't defend.  Did LB2 get to pace anyone or did he help out at the AS with

you?

I run in SC every year, and always like running by the gators.  However, the wild hogs don't sound like fun.

Me, Jo and Burke hung out at the aid station. Drinking beer and stoking the fire mostly. Fun was had by all. I'll be back to Cajun Coyote next year.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We bit creepy at night...Great job getting in under 20.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

We bit creepy at night...Great job getting in under 20.

At one point, I could hear two cats fighting each other near the trail. I assume they were bobcats. It was loud and violent. Scared the shit out of me!

LB2

you?

I guess I could have picked up a runner, but that first beer went down a little too good.

LB2

LB2

I am glad you had a great run. I wish I could have made it to that one. Your description of the horse trail reminded me of a report by Sandy on the Big Horn earlier in the year. Those hoof prints in mud that harden can make for some very tricky footing. I cut off a cow path one morning before daylight while hunting and ended up in a bog where the cows had spent a great deal of time, and it had dried and hardened. I thought I was going to break something for sure, and it was only a couple of hundred yards, once. I imagine it was terrible in a 100 miler four different times. It is hard to find words to describe how bad it is.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I am glad you had a great run. I wish I could have made it to that one. Your description of the horse trail reminded me of a report by Sandy on the Big Horn earlier in the year. Those hoof prints in mud that harden can make for some very tricky footing. I cut off a cow path one morning before daylight while hunting and ended up in a bog where the cows had spent a great deal of time, and it had dried and hardened. I thought I was going to break something for sure, and it was only a couple of hundred yards, once. I imagine it was terrible in a 100 miler four different times. It is hard to find words to describe how bad it is.

Part of me was expecting to see you at mile 75 for a little jaunt through the swamp with me.

In all sincerity, that crappy section of the trail was probably not a bad thing because it gave me an excuse to walk for a bit. Otherwise, it's hard to reconcile the need to walk on flat, runnable terrain.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sounds like Brazos could be a bit unnerving for a city dweller or suburbanite not used to that kind of wild life. How did you manage the equestrian part of the course in the dark? I'd think the shadows could be very deceptive with the hoof prints and all.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

Sounds like Brazos could be a bit unnerving for a city dweller or suburbanite not used to that kind of wild life. How did you manage the equestrian part of the course in the dark? I'd think the shadows could be very deceptive with the hoof prints and all.

I went very slow and followed what looked like the most travelled areas. It wasn't fun.

Daydreamer1

Good Job!  Totally flat sucks, at least it wasn't on the road. Sounds like this was good training for Brazil. Sorry to hear about the stomach problems at CC.

Watoni

Good Job!  Totally flat sucks, at least it wasn't on the road. Sounds like this was good training for Brazil. Sorry to hear about the stomach problems at CC.

I still think you kick total fucking ass in all respects ....

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats on a well run race; you're right, flat or not- 100 miles is a 100 miles!  while I put 19 hours for a 100 mile race in the super human category, hard to believe two folks finished under 16 hours 

what's the event in Brazil?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

what's the event in Brazil?

It's the Brazil 135+. It used to be the Brazil 135 but they had to add the "+" because they added 40 miles to the route this year.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

It's the Brazil 135+. It used to be the Brazil 135 but they had to add the "+" because they added 40 miles to the route this year.

Wow- that's going to be an interesting one to be sure!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √