Trailer Trash

Silly-cold Sundailies (Read 183 times)

At some point, it just gets ridiculous. "Feels like" -29F? You're kidding, Weather Channel app, right? But I figured if I ignored the wind chill (ha!), the air temp was only -13F, which is a mere 2 degrees colder than it was yesterday. So I bundled up as much as possible without actually putting on a balaclava, and headed out for 3 miles. Or 4. But if I could possibly get to 5, it wouldn't look like too much like a cutback week even though there was no way I was doing my 2-hour long run in this and I missed running yesterday.

Made it to 5.52 miles and went home to thaw out. Luckily, it's supposed to get above 0F tomorrow, and stay there for at least a week, even hitting the 20s by Friday. So this is probably the worst run I'll have here, which mightcould mean the coldest run I'll ever have.

QOTD: What's your favorite holiday drink? Egg nog, Russian tea, mulled wine, hot cider, a particular holiday beer (which?), gingerbread latte (or other festive coffee drink), other?

I like egg nog, but can't drink much of it because it's sooooooo rich. Yes, there are lighter versions, and even some halfway decent soy products, but I need the real stuff. With a shot of brandy or rum in it. And freshly-grated nutmeg on top.

Trail Monster

Morning! Off to run 17 in 'feels like 14' and snow. Back for personals if I survive!

QOTD: my family makes a mean sloe gin fizz!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

FurShirtFlyer

I have 13 w/ 8 at MP but...I'm not sure I'll be able to do MP today after all the snow we got yesterday. So I'm going to just go by heart-rate for those 8 miles.

QOTD: No special drink. But I'm probably going to pick up a a growler or two of Lake Placid Nippletop and maybe Anchor Christmas.

Occasional Runner

Heading out now for 6 miles and then a core workout at the gym. It warmed up to 34 this morning. Shorts weather!

QOTD: Beer! It's perfect for all seasons.

sugnim

We got a fresh layer of snow over night, so I'll be heading out for an 8 mile frolic this morning.  We're in the low 20's--feels like 19--so cold, but not painful.

QOTD:  I don't really drink anything different during the holidays.  Black coffee, water, tart cherry juice, and the occasional ginger ale or glass of wine are what I tend to drink year round.  I made some fresh squeezed grapefruit juice yesterday--does that count?

majope--Whoooo!  That's cold!

Banshee--I haven't had a sloe gin fizz since high school! I suddenly want one.

Fur--enjoy the snow!

lace--Nice weather!

sugnim--more snow! sounds lovely. On the good side of the whole cold thing? I'm kicking ass in the winter running contest--over 700 points. Won't last once I get home to relatively mild Indy and my competition moves into severe Jan/Feb weather, but it's nice for now.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all Smile

got a good 15 miler in yesterday, about 4 miles of no trail- don't know if it was the cold or what, but my hamstrings started cramping about 2 hours in- youch!

have an easy 6 planned for today, going to be cold again, but the shorter distance should make it more bearable

qotd:  we usually get some egg nog, a small cup or two tastes pretty good, beyond that not so much Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Morning folks! SRD for me. It's a balmy 70 inside the house right now, with a wind chill of 71. Perfect shorts weather.

Outside, theres still 8" of snow in my yard, and a nice collection of snow people and snow forts. Maybe today I'll get outside and fulfill a lifelong dream and recreate one of Calvin's snowmen scenes (As in Calvin and Hobbes)

Majope: when you get back to the states, if you ever miss those temperatures, I think I may be able to arrange a little re-creation of them. there's a production facility that I work at on occasion that has a -40 blast freezer, with 70 mph winds inside. I'm sure the plant manager wouldn't mind if we set up a few treadmills inside.

Banshee: good luck with the 17

FSF: running in snow is fun.

Lace: as long as the suns out, it's always shorts weather. 34 sounds downright tropical right now.

sungim: have fun frolicking!

mt: enjoy the short run!

QOTD: I love eggnog. the other one I liked was something my dad made. It was an apple cider type drink, with cinnamon and oranges in it. Served warm. I have no idea what it's really called, but it was pretty good.

sugnim

there's a production facility that I work at on occasion that has a -40 blast freezer, with 70 mph winds inside. I'm sure the plant manager wouldn't mind if we set up a few treadmills inside.

Woah.  What do you do for a living?

Birdwell

Woah.  What do you do for a living?

I fix other people's problems.  technically I'm a mechanic/technician/tradesman in the HVAC/R industry, with an emphasis in commercial and industrial refrigeration.

runtraildc

An hour at the gym for cross training.  I'll get out for 5 miles later with DS for his long run.  He decided that he's going to try for the HM this spring so I'm figuring out how to fit his training in with my schedule.

sounds as if everyone is having a great start to Sunday, albeit cold.

qotd:  nope, nothing special.

Majope: when you get back to the states, if you ever miss those temperatures, I think I may be able to arrange a little re-creation of them. there's a production facility that I work at on occasion that has a -40 blast freezer, with 70 mph winds inside. I'm sure the plant manager wouldn't mind if we set up a few treadmills inside.

Uh. Yeah. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Trail Monster

17 went well! Averaged 10:40 pace even with a few big hills thrown in. My friend did 11.5 with me so it was much more enjoyable that way. also picked up two McDonalds bags and a Gatorade bottle. I hope the trail gods will smile on my next run for that. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

13 yesterday on the snow/ice covered streets, looking at some snowshoe hiking today may get to high 20's, if not got shopping yet but I like the rush of Christmas Eve shopping the best.

QOTD: coffee, need to try the tart cherry juice hear it's good for inflamed muscles.

Sandy-2

Did 10 yesterday morning and then 5 more this morning.  Both runs my ankle didn't bother me at all - fingers crossed.  Typical temps here in TX, yesterday is was 30 deg crisp clear and less humid, and today it was 65 deg 100 percent humidity and grey.  Guess which day I liked more...

Gotta go.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL