Trailer Trash

Laurel Highlands 70.5 (Read 259 times)

Trail Monster

RD says should be 6/8/13 And registration will open soon. Anyone else eyeing this race?

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Occasional Runner

I'll be there again. It's a personal favorite.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Unfortunately not next year.  Maybe 2014.  I really, really want to run this race. 

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Yes. I think about this race every year. It's one of those races that has imprinted itself on my brain and while not my first ultra I consider it something very special. My avatar is from that race, basking in Lisa's headlamp as some crackpot photographed my duct tape feet while I drank Banquet Beer.

In the light...  My theme song for that race... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tDdy_1slNM

Always reminds me of that special day..  http://www.runango.com/forums/topic_show.pl?pid=3146195

Gosh. I'm like an old fart now with just memories. Need to run it again.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Thinking about it. Ran it in '06 and '11 and I continue to be drawn to it.

Not sure if it sold out last year, but in years' past you could still sign up day of race. Was never overhyped or oversold.

Also, the 50k is tougher than the typical 50k.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

My husband is planning to run it for the first time.

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

I'm running my first 50k 3 weeks before.....too soon to do Laurel 50K? It sounds beautiful. 

Trail Monster

My ultra advisor/BAMF friend thinks doing Laurel will hurt my ability to do Burning River so I may either do the 50k or just crew/pace/volunteer and put it on the list for 2014. Either way I'll be there!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I will be there and running something.......just not sure yet.  Banshee....I make frequent trips to the trail to run, usually sunday mornings, if you are interested, let me know.   I also may need a relay runner, Banshee, for one or more sections depending on how many miles you want to get in.  

And the 70 mile did sell out last year.  

Trail Monster

Sure! Let me know next time yowarplanes to run there. I have 15 on tap this Sunday but I already have a group meeting at 8am in North Park. If you need a relay runner I may be interested. I'm pretty slow though. Im thinking of crewing/volunteering during the day and then pacing at night to get some extra night running practice in before BR. 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Us warplanes (?!?)  are planning a long run starting at Ohiopyle on Dec 23rd.  It will be early...definitely a pre-dawn start.  My buddy is planning on running a 50k training run....mile 0 to mile 8 and back...twice.  If you know the trail...you will know how brutal that run will be.  I'm thinking of doing the first half and maybe part of the second....ending up with 20-24 miles.  Not sure I have 32 miles in me yet...and don't worry....we won't be going fast....hiking up the hills....jogging down....there is nothing flat in the first 8 miles  Smile

--mike

Trail Monster

* you're planning * silly iPad! I'll see if I can make it for the 23rd! 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

Mike, I think I'll definitely be in for the 23rd. My birthday is the 27th and I want to run 28 miles for my 28th birthday so this might be perfect! 

Also, no Laurel for me. I've decided it's too close to BR to be 'safe' so I will be out there to volunteer/crew/pace. If anyone needs a hand for this race just let me know!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

planning a long run starting at Ohiopyle on Dec 23rd.  It will be early...definitely a pre-dawn start.  My buddy is planning on running a 50k training run....mile 0 to mile 8 and back...twice.  If you know the trail...you will know how brutal that run will be.  I'm thinking of doing the first half and maybe part of the second....ending up with 20-24 miles.  Not sure I have 32 miles in me yet...and don't worry....we won't be going fast....hiking up the hills....jogging down....there is nothing flat in the first 8 miles  Smile

--mike

The "Gate to eight, times 2"  NEO Trail club keeps a list of finishers of this self-supported run. Is your buddy on this list?

http://www.neotrail.org/OP50K.html

If not, he should send it in and they'll add his name.

Enjoy Laurel - I ran the gate to eight last February. If you know the trail in the winter, it temps can drop when up on top of the ridge past the 7 mile marker.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

The "Gate to eight, times 2"  NEO Trail club keeps a list of finishers of this self-supported run. Is your buddy on this list?

http://www.neotrail.org/OP50K.html

If not, he should send it in and they'll add his name.

Enjoy Laurel - I ran the gate to eight last February. If you know the trail in the winter, it temps can drop when up on top of the ridge past the 7 mile marker.

The neotrail list is what started this.  Smile  

I'm not ready to try it just yet.....but I'll run the first half next weekend.  And attempt the 50k in early 2013.

we both grew up in the area of the Laurel Highlands....we know how fickle the weather can be and how much it changes with the elevation.   I hiked it years ago and started in a driving rain storm....by the time we got up to above mile 7 there was a foot of snow.  Smile