Trailer Trash

Monday Monday (Read 31 times)

The pooch and I had a great 6 mile early morning trail run.

It was a clear calm morning if a bit warm.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

6.7 on road/rail trail/real trail this morning.  Beautiful, low 50s in CT - great running weather.

QOTD:  what's your standard greeting when passing other people on your runs?  Mine is "morning", with a sort of half wave.  I'm actually really bothered by the fact that there's no common, short equivalent to "morning" for the afternoon or evening, to the point where I'm completely at a loss for what to say if I'm running after noon.

I'm not the most outgoing person, but I do make a point of being polite and acknowledging other people.  There's a fast guy that I cross paths with on the rail trail a couple of times a week, and he has never waved, spoken, grunted or otherwise acknowledged my existence. I've considered altering my custom and ignoring him, but I've decided screw that, why should I change?

Occasional Runner

In a rare move, I bagged my run this morning. I woke up to ridiculous winds and really didn't feel like dealing with that. I'll run in almost any weather condition, but the wind is my least favorite. I need to rest this week anyway because I have a long race coming up this weekend and I want to be prepared to shine!

QOTD: I mix it up when I encounter people on the trail. Sometimes I just wave, other times I give an elaborate greeting. It's pretty typical to stop and talk to other runners on our trails. I've never been snubbed by another runner, but I think most people in our area know me.

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for today. I'm still getting my body used to 6 days a week of running, so far so good. Although

yesterdays afternoon 7 miler was kinda tough, not sure if was the full week of running or the 80*

temps.

TT: great shot.

QOTD: Good question. I just say 'Hi'. Most folks I see are hiking and don't say shit to me, it's a New

England thing, the mt bikers are friendly though.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers  I'll bike to work and get some strength training in this evening; my heel is feeling much better than it did Saturday after the race

qotd: I smile and give a waist high wave; I don't meet many folks on the trails here (which is just fine by me) and have only stopped a couple of times when someone had a question on routes or conditions

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Rest day

QOTD: In 4 years of early morning runs I have never met another runner. I wouldn't know how to act. On my afternoon walks on a rail trail close to work I have met other walkers and maybe a runner now and again, most of the time I try to be friendly and give a greeting but most work real hard at staring at the ground or something off in space so they don't have to acknowledge me. It's weird, I just want to tell them to lighten up but that would probably put me in the creeper territory.

muppy

Didn't get in yesterday's run so an easy 4-5 for me today.

QOTD I usually flash the peace sign and say good morning to runners and friendly hikers, bikers I usually ignore.

moonlightrunner

TT: looks like a beautiful run for you and Marley today!

I will run 3 or so after work, then boot camp. I am hoping today's run will be as awesome as yesterday's.

Qotd: I always say "hi" and comment on how beautiful out it is. And once I get going I truley think it IS beautiful no matter what the weather. People who run with ear buds annoy me...they rarely ever even wave or look at me. But..I am very social.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

Looking forward to some sunny miles after work today...riding the bike...working out with the kettlebell.  I need to knock out a couple of solid weeks of training, which starts today!

QOTD: I find myself saying "hiya" with a half wave.  If I'm coming up behind someone, that is usually preceded by a lot of scuffing my feet and trying to make noise so that I don't scare them.  When I run with ear buds, I take at least one out when approaching people so that I can engage them if they want.  There was nobody out running in my neighborhood all winter...now that the weather is nice there are a ton of joggers.  I take it personally that they all seem to ignore everyone else out there running...running on my streets without the common decency of any sort of acknowledgement that "yes I am out running and so are you".  I just think its weird to ignore people, but I guess that's because I'm not "city folk"...my Fiance thinks its weird that I talk to strangers.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Still limping around.  Might need to go get some dead tissue cut away from the puncture wound to speed up healing.  Looks like long taper for me.

QOTD:  Never see other runners on the trails, but do see hikers, especially on the AT.  If I come up from behind, I announce myself so as not to get a jump.  If they look like trough hikers (easy to smell tell) I'll stop and talk and hear their stories.  They are always amazed that I'm running on the AT (I live in a very rocky area) and I'm always amazed at how many miles per day they are hiking.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Morning,

I ran about 16 miles during Ragnar Cape Cod this weekend. People can say all they want about it being commercial and such, but I had one of the most fun weekends ever. Being with 6 other people in one van all weekend can be good or bad, but my experience was definitely amazing. The views weren't too shabby either! It was a great way to experience Cape Cod for the first time ever.

QOTD:

I go with a smile or head nod, sometimes a wave.

dpc3

quick 3 with the devil dog this morning and I was not feeling it at all!

QOTD: After blinding them with my head lamp I ask them what the hell are they doing up so early or if it's a Mtn Bike I probably curse at them loud enough for them to hear or under my breath? All kidding aside I general give some salutation or stop and talk for a bit.

Low_O2

Morning all!

SRD today after another good weekend on the trails. Saturday the dog and I ran 16.4 with ~4600ft of climbing, then 9.1 miles with ~4000ft of climbing on Sunday. Uphill legs are feeling pretty normal, but really feeling good on the downhills lately. Hopefully that will help me out in a couple weeks. Feeling pretty solid heading into my taper.

AT- hope that foot heals up soon, seems like it's being pretty stubborn.

TT- like the looks of all that water. I bet the pooch enjoys that!

QOTD: "hello" is pretty standard for me. Sometimes I will mix it up with a "hi" or "how's it going?" Annoys me as well when I get no response in return.

Sandy-2

SRD today. Will be traveling all day. Left the house at 5:15am Monday and will arrive in Seoul at about 5:00pm Tuesday. (Currently transferring in San Fran.) Yup travel is fun!

Great photo TT, reminds me of fresh air, which I won't be breathing all day today.

qotd: I usually say 'good morning', unfortunately I'm so programmed that I also say it in the afternoon sometimes.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- hope that foot heals up soon, seems like it's being pretty stubborn.

Went in at lunch and got the wound cleaned out (that was fun).  Had some "foreign" particles still in the foot, so now they are gone.  Hopefully swelling will come continue to come down and infection will continue to clear up.  I'm being optimistic that I will be able to run easily by Thursday.  I confident that I'll be fine by next week; just didn't want to be off my feet so long since my training was going well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!