Trailer Trash

shoes! calling all brooks pure grit (preferably 2) wearers (Read 30 times)

Birdwell

Do you like them? how many miles are you getting? are they good on long runs?

My LRS thinks they might be a good shoe for me. I am a little concerned about the durability. I also wonder if I should wait until I lose more weight to try them (maybe when I'm down 20 more pounds)

MTA: the guy at she store is recommending them due to my wider forefoot, and long toes. (Toe next to my big toe is longer than my big toe, third toe is as long as big toe) I've been having some blister issues on my toes. He thinks I may be curling and tensing up my toes as I run trails. It sounded good in the store Smile

Uh oh... now what?

I have the originals -- have tried the 2 on to see if it felt any different (bought road shoes on that trip).  The 2 feels the same as the 1.  I am at 200ish pounds, have worn them for up to three hours, moderately rocky stuff (all round rocks).  I have worn them on 90ish minute runs where the rocks are regular points stuff.  I have Morton's toe too--nice to have a fancy name for a long second toe--if I am remembering the name correctly.

A fella I passed at about 42 miles down at Le Grizz was wearing them.  We talked about them briefly--he had no complaints, wore them for the entire fifty miles.  There was a complaint about slippery on wet surfaces in early models, supposedly fixed in later models.

I wear them in the same size as all my other running shoes, no adjustment needed.  They are a fun, lightweight shoe--flexible and nimble feeling (it is an illusion, I am not).

Chnaiur

I've had two pairs, but I don't use them any time. I don't think they protect my feet enough  - my feet get sore and numb after half the distance compared to my current pairs (Asics 2010 and Mizumo Wave Rider). There is also something about the lacing that needs to be fixed - they press down on the tendons on the top of my foot.

Just not that I'm heavy (185 lb) and my feet are quite sensitive, so my experience may not be relevant for you.

(I bought the 2nd pair because I thought the first pair was worn out. That didn't help, so I concluded that the issue was with the shoe design itself.)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

I wore the originals all last winter and spring, also wore them for a 26 mile race, they have

about 400 miles on them. Their light and flexible, the sole took a little getting used to at first

due to its size. I also had some toe/foot pain before i realized it was the shoes, but i now

think its bc i do better with a narrow shoe (Asics). I agree about the roomy toe box, they

do have that. The Nav band and split toe thingy are just gimmicks, i cut the nav band off

and just dealt with the split toe/rock catcher. I'd only recommend them for folks who need

a wide toe box. Ive also heard complaints about slipping on wet surfaces, i ran in snow

and rain on rocks and roots and never really noticed the slipping issue.

Good luck, hopefully your LRS has a return policy, just in case.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I have the originals, and I wear them often when it's dry. Absolute no-go on wet rocks with these!

I like them, and for me, they offer enough protection. My feet don't (get) hurt any more when I wear them instead of my go-to Brooks Cascadia 7's, and I like the nimble feel. I have worn them on runs up to 20 miles, or 4-5 hours.

But I would not say they are great for wide feet. My feet are just "normal", and they are a bit tight around the forefoot. I can wear them without problems, but they sure don't feel "loose". My other shoes are much wider around the toe box and midfoot area than the Pure Grits.

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

I gave them a try but decided to go back to NB MT110's instead.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I have a pair of 2's that have ~ 300 miles.  I also have long toes (my Mom calls them Irish toes Big grin) and a wide toe box is a must- the Grits have this. The drop is minimal and the stack height is low, making them very nimble- the weight is also low as well. Long distance hasn't been a problem- I have many 20-30 mile runs w/ them, so no problem w/ at least mid distances.  The outsoles aren't very aggressive, but traction is pretty good.  They still aren't the best in the wet, I was wearing them last week in light rain and slipped on some slab rock- luckily caught myself w/ my arms.  Durability- I'm guessing they will go close to 500 miles (which I usually ditch shoes at this mileage regardless).

I really like mine, but have relegated them to milder trails- as they are a little on the minimal side as far as protection.  For rougher trails, I've found the PI N1's and N2's to work better for me-similar fit, a little stouter build though.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √