Trailer Trash

Wear your Shod Day Wednesdaily (Read 35 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's national shod wearing day! Yay!

An hour at the gym this morning and got intimate with the stair machine.

QOTD: I have nothing...spent whatever creativity I had this morning on the title for the day - sorry.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

Morning!

Got it some light strength training this morning, focusing on my knees.

Jaime, I hope the stair machine at least bought you dinner.

QOTD: any musicians out there?

do you sing, or play any instrument?

I learned guitar when I was a teenager, primarily as a way to impress the ladies (O.k., only to impress the ladies) i put new strings on my guitar for the time  in ten years yesterday, and had a jam session with my new groupies (my 6 & 2 year old daughters) 

I also took piano lessons for a few years, but the piano is mainly a conversation piece in the house right now (The 6 y.o. is wanting to take lessons, so that should be fun) 

Morning...

My dog woke me up at 5 AM this morning by vomiting at the foot of my bed. After cleaning it up, I was wide awake and considered going for a run. But the promise of 1.5 more hours of sleep was WAY too tempting so I got back in bed. I don't know how you all do it everyday! Although, I suppose if I didn't have a wealth of time after work with nothing to do, I would probably become a morning runner.

Tonight I'll go for around 6, probably in the rain. Yesterday's run was hard, and I didn't even run fast...at all. I think I'm still recovering from the trail marathon, which was over a week ago. I guess I underestimated how the elevation would lengthen my recovery time. Usually I bounce back from a road marathon in about a week. 

QOTD: I was a musician in my younger years. Piano from age 6-13. Flute from age 11-17. Not a singer though. I own a guitar but don't ever play it because I am too lazy to teach myself or practice.  I mostly just sing in the shower now Smile 

NorthernHarrier

Two good runs in a row for me. Weird. Been a while since that has happened. Better take a day off.  Weights and stretching then heading out. I'm going to do some mountain biking at a trail site in central Wi. on the way to my shack. Lots of work for me over the next few days up there as spring has finally arrived. It's good work though. I love working up there so no need to feel sorry for me. Smile My only order was to be home for Mothers day.

QOTD--Musical talent? Me? Too funny. I do know how to click on my play list.

The question does remind me of a time when my wife and I were a lot younger we went out with another couple and ended up back at their place for drinks. Well the guy busted out his guitar to sing and play for us. He was terrible. One of my more bizarre evenings. How do you spell AWKWARD.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning!

Did 15 on the bike followed by 6 running yesterday...it's a weird sensation running after biking, I guess it takes some getting used to.  Today is the GF's Bday, so nothing planned except a bunch of frantic cleaning after work...I'll run if I can finish everything before she gets home from work but I'm not counting on it.

QOTD: I played violin from 2nd grade-7th grade, bass guitar from 7th to 10th (broke my pinky and couldn't press down the heavy strings anymore).  I was in the various choruses through high school.  Other than that the most I sing now is the occasional karaoke night, car ride, or shower.  If I could do it again I think I would have stuck with the violin, but called it a fiddle and joined a country band...yeehaw!

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, kids

I'm heading out now for an easy 5, with shoes. My last 2 runs I set out for 6 and

headed up walking it in, not sure what's wrong but I'm gonna keep hitting it until it passes.

Trails: Did you see that the Stone Cat 50 is now a lottery race? I'm checking

it out as my first 50, lottery opens in June.

QOTD: I'm an avid music fan, but as far as actual talent I got nothing.

Trails: Did you see that the Stone Cat 50 is now a lottery race? I'm checking

it out as my first 50, lottery opens in June.

I'm actually planning to run the Stone Mill 50, in Maryland. This one's not a lottery but I've heard it's a great one for a first 50 miler.  I don't know much about the Stone Cat though.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm actually planning to run the Stone Mill 50, in Maryland. This one's not a lottery but I've heard it's a great one for a first 50 miler.  I don't know much about the Stone Cat though.

Ooops, my 'attention to detail' skills are obviously lacking.

Occasional Runner

An easy 6 miles and then a great workout in the gym. It's a beautiful day out here today.

QOTD: I can't even play the radio right.

dpc3

Afternoon run planned with a max distance of 12 and min distance of 4, I like to set myself up for success with wide confidence intervals.

QOTD: I am getting ready to take Mandolin lessons and I have a feeling mirror's will break!

Have a god day all.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I'm not a big youtube video watcher...but if you saw/enjoyed the Charles Ramsey witness account of the Amanda Berry story check out the autotune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_nT8SH13w

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

an easy 6 along the Yellowstone, lots of wildlife out this morning

short rant:  I'm saddened that we went from Winter directly to Summer (save maybe a handful of days) and skipped out on Spring.

I went from running in late afternoon when the temps would be the warmest, to running in the morning as it's already too warm to run in the afternoon - that doesn't seem right Sad

qotd: I purchased a banjo my Freshman year in college, sold said banjo before my Freshman year was over

<---- no musically talent here!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Should have time for 4-5 at lunch if things don't change.  Good thing I brought my shoes to work, I wouldn't want to be caught barefoot on National Shod Wearing Day.  I did forget a running tech shirt, so looks like I'll be wearing an old cotton t-shirt.  Hope I can find some body glide in my truck, or it may be bloody nipple day.

QOTD:  I have three incredibly talented kids (vocal, guitar, drums) and thankfully they got their musical abilities from DW.  I have very little musical talent, but I've bought so many guitars, mandolins, ukuleles etc.,  that I feel like a musician, if that counts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Probably only a short run after work today, DH has an important doc appointment today, so I'll go with him, which ruins my running plans. Oh well, I guess that's called setting priorities (or getting them wrong, but do it anyway).

Jamie: Nice and creative title, good enough to let someone else work on the QOTD!

Birdwell: Good workout, hope it works!

T&C: Hope the doggie will be better soon, and you won't get surprised with some more leftovers when you come home. Dead

Stone Mill will be fun, it's a great, non-technical course, very gentle!

Harrier: Have some great shack time!

Zilla: Planning on a tri? Have fun at the birthday party!

jonfer: Does not sound too good, but I hope you'll be over it soon!

Kelly: Working on your job transition? Nice workout!

dpc: That's my way of motivating myself when I don't feel like doing much. Setting a really easy "must" goal, anything on top of that is "optional". I usually do even more than the "optional" goal, just to prove to myself that I can do it.

warden: Sorry you are missing out on the spring, but I love summer! Enjoy!

QOTD: I played the violin from age 10 to 15, and then took it up again at age 38 or 39, took lessons for 3 more years, and now I play occasionally. I used to play concertos, but without regular practice, they now sound - terrible.

I taught myself to play the piano (ragtime, honky-tonk, etc.), and took lessons for a year when I turned 40 to get a handle on more complicated fingering techniques. It was fun, and I still enjoy playing every now and then for my family.

I love singing in the car, yet much to the dismay of my passengers. I don't care, I am the one who's driving, so suck it up! Big grin

Run for fun.

More SRD from running. I'm keeping to my two weeks off after my 100. I'll start running again this weekend. XT day for me.

I did the Stone Mill 50 as my first Ultra last year. Was a very good race, minus a few wrong turns. I'll be running it again this year! Hope to see you there.