Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 34 times)

LB2

6 mile intensity workout on the TM at the gym. Then, I did lunges and biceps, triceps, and a little shoulder workout.

QOTD: What do feel like you need to work on the most right now as a runner?

Hamstrings. In previous races, especially hilly ones, I have noticed that when I start having problems they usually start with my hamstrings. And, I firmly believe that it has nothing to do with my nutrition. It is simply an issue where I need to strengthen them. It usually hits somewhere between 18 and 25 miles, usually closer to 18 or 20. And it just sort of hangs around for the rest of the event. Flatter courses usually don't bother me, but hilly ones take a toll, as one might expect. So, I have a plan to address it. And I feel pretty good about it moving forward. My other issue is the heat, but I can't control the temperature. I can only address that by continuing to run in it, which is easy to do in Louisiana. We have an unlimited supply.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD today, usually strength train today, but did it last night-will bikemmute to work.

Have a great run planned for tomorrow- 18 miles point to point and have to be picked up by boat on the Missouri River- Wilderness Area and completely roadless.

qotd: I'm pretty pokey and should try to speed things up a little

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 miles yesterday at Rocky Gap SP in western Maryland.  Nice views of Lake Habeeb along most of the run.

DS (23 yo) and I are heading out tonight for some fast-packing along the AT and some blue blazed sections.  Not sure how far we'll go as it's his maiden voyage, but we'll be out until Sunday.  Got my pack down to 16 pounds (before water weight), so that's a good thing.  Trying out hammocks this time, so will let you know how that works out.  DS wants to make fire with sticks, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve just in case.

QOTD:  Speed.  I'm always searching for my old speed.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

The pooch and I had another great 4 mile trail run. The knee crunched and felt iffy for the first 1/4 mile and then was good. I think a lot of the problem might be a shoe issue. I realized that the ones I have been wearing have 750 miles on them, which is way more than I usually have before retiring them. I ordered some new ones and in the meantime am running in a different pair that I previously retired. It would suck if I cancelled the trip and changing shoes earlier would have made the difference.

QOTD:  Other than getting the knee healthy, just staying healthy.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

7 mile birthday run on rail trail/real trail this morning - still a little humid but a nice morning.

MT - that sounds like a great run - I like planning runs that are their own adventures

AT - curious to hear how the hammocks work - I've been thinking about some fast packing and that seems to be the lightest way to go sleeping-wise, assuming it's comfortable.

QOTD:  probably mental toughness - I've been working on overcoming my quit instinct.  Physically, endurance and downhill running.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Happy Birthday, DD2! Yesterday's run was a disaster, but it confirmed what I kind of knew: no grilled cheese sandwiches pre-run for me. I almost passed out from nausea, could not dump it out, and had to wrap up the run at the 3-mile mark. Could have been the combination with heat and humidity, too, but fatty food just doesn't go well with my running. So, another attempt today at a longer run, it's nice and hot and muggy, so it should be fun. QOTD: arms. Now I know that arms are not essential for running, but I am noticing that my triceps are getting somewhat weak, and I'd like to build them up so that I can prevent faceplants when I trip. Scraped and bruised knees and forearms are enough, I don't care for a broken nose or knocked-out teeth. Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out on a 7-8 mile run. After that it's off to work.

QOTD: I guess it's my nutrition during long runs. I still struggle with belching and bloating. It seems that no matter what I eat there is a fine line between eating too much or not enough. It seems like I have to take in at least 350-450 calories per hour or I get very bloated and can't run. Also can't really eat or drink either once the bloating starts so that just compounds the problem. Right now I'm working on just being slow and steady and trying to increase my long run mileage without worrying about time. Sometimes I'll just take a break and sit down and eat. That seems to help. Perpetuem seems to help as well.  For some reason I don't have this problem on long bike rides.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Planned on an am run but had a slight headache so scrapped it.  Meeting up with RunJunkie at 2pm to make a game plan for pacing/crewing him tomorrow for Western States.  This ought to be fun!

Qotd:  core need to strengthen the core...it's hell trying to keep running when your back is aching.

Happy Birthday Dd2  You get a clown at your birthday party!

Met warden:  that sounds like a cool fun.

at runner:  that also sounds like a cool weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Planned on an am run but had a slight headache so scrapped it.  Meeting up with RunJunkie at 2pm to make a game plan for pacing/crewing him tomorrow for Western States.  This ought to be fun!

Qotd:  core need to strengthen the core...it's hell trying to keep running when your back is aching.

Happy Birthday Dd2  You get a clown at your birthday party!

Met warden:  that sounds like a cool fun.

at runner:  that also sounds like a cool weekend.

I forgot Jason was RunJunkie. Keep us posted on his progress, please... on facebook.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Awww, give Jason a hug from me!!!!  You're going to love him!  Have a blast this weekend!

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I went to the dentist today...took 3 hours but now I have a temporary crown on one of my molars.  Good cross training for mental toughness, especially since the novacain never really kicked in .  Planning on a bike ride in a little bit...its nice and humid out.

QOTD: I need to work on getting back to consistent training.  Everything kinda went to hell this spring

QoN - Have fun crewing/pacing!

Moonlightrunner - I know you said you don't like to buy shoes online, but if you already know your size in VFFs and are just reordering...check out www.6pm.com I bought 2 pairs at $35 a pair (bikila ls) tough to argue with that!

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

My brother called me last night to let me know that our Dad died yesterday. He was 88 and struggling a bit so it wasn't unexpected, but still a bit of a shock. He was happy in the end and went very peacefully in his sleep (the nurse was there and she said he simply took a last breath). I had spoken to my Dad about my finish at Bighorn last weekend, he had a bit of dimensia and once again told me his story about running high school cross country in the 1930's, he ran barefoot. I listened patiently to his story one last time.

This morning I did an easy 10 miles around the streets of Fukuoka. Found a "running park" where there were 100's of runners. Very warm and very humid. It's the rainy season here so that's the way it is. I was a sweatball when I got back to the hotel.

No word from the Hardrock folks. On hold.

qotd: it would be good to have better aerobic qualities for the higher altitude stuff I do in the summer, but I'm too lazy to do lots of speed work. That's too much like work, this is supposed to be enjoyable.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Sorry to hear it about your dad Sandy.

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sandy sorry to hear a bout your Pops.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Thanks guys.

Sandy

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL