Trailer Trash

Famous Fridailies (Read 33 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I rode the trainer for 34 minutes last night then hobbled around the dog park with Bella.  Probably doing a whole lot of nothing today.  My MRI is scheduled for Tuesday.

QOTD: July mileage?

0 miles running (woo hoo!)

564 miles biking

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

I bagged last night's planned run and just worked on my shed roof instead. Considering all the going up and down the ladders and the massive amount of sweat that I lost I probably got just as good of a workout as if I had run.  My legs are actually sore today.  Spending today at work so it's a rest day and of course the humidity is way down.

QOTD:  I think it's around 145 miles of running and close to 200 on the bike. Running was supposed to be closer to 200 but I lost about 45-50 miles with the sore foot.  Missed three of my planned long runs so it looks like I'll be training a little closer to my race than I had planned to.

NHLA

8 miles  Great day! What a gift.  Around the mt. Posted this route on Echo Mt. I cut it short at the lake and came home.

QOTD  195 miles in July.

XtremeTaper

Hey Mandy... sorry about the foot. Do you have a sfx or something? I hope the MRI gives you a confirmed dx one way or another.

The Lady and I ran an easy 5.5 over on the trail of Warwick Park last night. Haven't run in there in ages. Pretty easy route though there is one short steep climb on the charcoal trail. The part after that I call the roller coaster trail. A series of gentle ups and downs that rolls down the elevation you just climbed up. Super fun. Plus, there is knee deep creek crossing to enjoy twice on the route I take. Oh, we saw a couple of adorable golden pups and the Lady and I stopped to say hello.

Tonight, likely another short run with the Lady then a day off tomorrow and the 6 hour on Sunday.

QOTD: 202 miles so far, 207 or 208 assuming I run tonight.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

6.4 yesterday on the road and some overgrown trails.

QOTD With a few miles tonight I should be about 125 for the month. Would have been a little more but I took almost a week off when I messed my knee up dunking my brother In his pool over Fourth of July.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hey Mandy... sorry about the foot. Do you have a sfx or something? I hope the MRI gives you a confirmed dx one way or another.

Thanks, XT!  Not sure yet.  My doctor thinks it could be a sfx, so I'm getting the MRI to find out.

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

6-ish this morning - a lot less humid since yesterday, amazing what a difference that makes in my energy level running.  Looking forward to doing a long run on the AT in Mass tomorrow while my kids are up there ziplining.

QOTD:  171 - took a couple of easy weeks but overall close to plan.

QOTD 2:  apropos of the title, who's the most famous person you've actually spoken with (as opposed to just seen)?  Me, Morgan Freeman (working out at a gym in Durham, NC) and Dan Quayle (on a practice putting green, also in Durham, NC).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran and sniffed 5 miles this am with the mutts.   We are at a 4 days music festival in the mountians so just glad I got up.

149 and Mike Ness

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting out soon for a few miles with DD. Should be a fun run.

I am not sure what to do with my chigger bites from early July. They still haven't fully healed. Around my right ankle, where I had about 35 bites, 10 or 12 are still itching like crazy, swollen and red. Any ideas? I have tried everything: Lidocain, baking soda, vinegar, aloe, cortisone, antibiotics, calomine lotion, ice, heat, and of course scratching. None of that helps.

I forgot to mention, I saw a Mommy Deer and her Baby Deer on the trail yesterday - very sweet.

QOTD: No idea, and no idea. Don't keep track of any of these things.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD was planned for today, but if clouds move out we may go for a night run under the blue moon.

Good luck racers and pacers.

Sue - how the music?  What's the average age there?  My kids go to several music festivals each year (Phish, etc.) and are always surprised about how many old people (their words) are there.

QOTD:  190's.  Not really training for anything, so right about normal.

QOTD2:  Ran 6 miles with Scott Jurek and talked the whole time.  After that, Dr. Ben Carson a few times about patients. He's running for president now, but should stay a neurosurgeon.  He's too gifted to go into politics.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD should really be SRWeek

the weather report now says 97 for tomorrow 

qotd: 121, not too bad considering 3 weeks of tapering in   July

qotd 2: checked Bobby Knight bird hunting, also Jay Novacek deer hunting

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

QOTD 2   Back in the 80s I used to work out with Walter Payton  and Harold Jackson.

We used to meet at a HS track every day at noon in MS.  Over 100 degrees was normal.

Lots of sprints, speed work, and Hills. He loved hills.

Harold was the fastest man in the NFL when he played for the Rams. It was amazing to watch him run.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running today but 6 hours at the pool with the kids.  Such a tough life!

Mandy - that's a heck of a lot of bike miles.  Way to go.

QOTD: 113 which includes an 8 day stretch with no running so I am happy with it.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

7 at tempo on the home trails today. It went pretty well, but boy am I spent. I've been reading Racing Weight and although I guess it's improved my diet in a couple of ways, following the guidelines I still haven't adjusted to where I'm getting enough calories. Plus the saga of removing the World's Largest Arborvitae (now revealed itself to be a fused cluster) continues so there's no shortage of manual labor. I finally yanked it out with the truck today and started removing the earth from the root ball in the hope that eventually I'll be able to pull it out of the hole and actually repair our well line. I've gotta get some pics up of this.. I've seen plenty of rain washed pine root systems but this is something other than else!

qotd: 234. Missed the goal of 250, but not because I slacked so I'm satisfied for now. Shooting for 250 in August, too. Yeehaw.

Sandy-2

Did somewhere around 15 mi up on the mountain this morning (Sat).  It was really hot and humid even when I started at 6:30am.  Plus there was no wind at all.

The plan was to take one handheld and go over the top and down the back side where there is a pipe sticking out of the side of the hill with water dripping out of it.  I've been drinking from it since I got here without any problems, so I guess it's ok.  Anyway, I ran out of fluids just before I got there and then on the "back" part of my run I also had to conserve to make it home.  This time of the year I need to bring two handhelds.

After a whirlwind tour of Beijing yesterday, my DD has arrived in Ulaanbatar. She is really stoked, a few more days of meeting the other riders, ride instructions, equipment checks, etc and then they move to the start which I understand is an all-day drive towards the NW from UB.  The ride starts next Wed (which is Tues night back in the States.)

qotd: 213 miles.  I spoke with Pres. Bush (the elder) once at a furniture store in Houston. He was buying a set of recliners that were going to be donated to someplace.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL