Trailer Trash

Traveling Tuesdaily (Read 30 times)

Occasional Runner

I'm heading out for a quick 5 miler and then we're heading to the airport for TWO long days of traveling. We're excited to get to South Africa and I'm sure this will be a very memorable race.

QOTD: What is your dream destination for running or racing?

I've been fortunate enough to run and race in a lot of amazing places. I would really love to run trails in Ireland someday.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

We're calling rest today after three straight days of running (nothing long though).  It's been a while since I could say I did three days of running.  I will take it at this point.

lace - enjoy your time - not only the race but your entire trip.  Take in the culture.  You are guys are blessed to be able to travel like you do.

QOTD: New Zealand but I would be happy with anything out west.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

SRD.

lace_up:  have a good trip, don't forget to get up and do some laps around the plane.

boyjame:  nice job on the 3 in a row.

qotd:  I'd also have to say New Zealand.  I went there years ago, awesome place, but I wasn't running then.

tbd.

runtraildc

Morning!

Back from a long weekend in cape hatteras-- got in some running on very flat trails and roads.  Today, haven't decided what is in store.  I hope to get in 4 or 5 tonight, between work and a swim team meeting.  we'll see.

Congratulations to all the weekend racers!

qotd: patagonia/chile

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Tuesday already!  I love a short work week.

I plan to get 4-7 after work depending on how I'm feeling.  It might be tough to get around the neighborhood due to a water main break/oil spill that happened last night.  I woke up this morning to helicopters...5 helicopters hovering near our apartment.  Traffic is detoured and a mess.  Fun stuff.

QOTD:  Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.  I have been to Machu Picchu before (highschool) and when we rode the train in we passed runners and hikers.  At the time I thought they were nuts.  Other than that...I think I'd probably pick a tropical island.

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone!  We got some additional (and much needed) rain yesterday, so the hills are out of the question- will do mile repeats at the track this afternoon- I did this last week and wasn't too bad (wouldn't want a steady diet of it mind you)

qotd: my bucket list is about a full page long Smile  being that I'm of Irish heritage, I'd have to concur w/ lace and say Ireland for a dream destination

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Morning all,

Definitely feeling some muscle soreness today, but nothing terrible. I'm planning on going to yoga later tonight to help stretch out some tightness in my hips.

QOTD: Tough question, but I guess the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, or anywhere abroad. I'm not picky since I haven't run in many places yet.

DigDug2

6.7 this a.m. on road / rail trail / real trail.  Beautiful, cool spring morning in CT.  Had a good running weekend:  10K race on Saturday, not worth a RR but very wet and fun, and good 7 mi runs on the trails on Sunday/Monday.

QOTD:  My short list of criteria:  mountains + trees/green + not hot.  New Zealand sounds great, as does Ireland.  Maybe Norway as well?

Occasional Runner

QOTD:  Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.  I have been to Machu Picchu before (highschool) and when we rode the train in we passed runners and hikers.  At the time I thought they were nuts.  Other than that...I think I'd probably pick a tropical island.

The Caribbean islands are fun. This is a picture of me trail running in St. Maarten with Laura Yasso, my wife and a few buddies. Good times.

AT-runner

Tim

Hope for a short run today.  Still having some left metatarsal pain from my race this weekend.

QOTD:  I'll lead an Ireland trip if interested.  I know all the great places to run and many of the best pubs.  Beautiful place to run, and some serious hills.  Fell running is very popular.  After that, Jamezilla took my top bucket list item.  I've looked at those Andes Adventure runs and Machu Piccu is my dream trip.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Brian Runner

38 miles, and 7 hours of running from 4 runs in the last 3 days with 5,700ft of gain. Time for a rest day. Its pouring outside anyhow. Back in action tomorrow afternoon most likely with the nasty repeats on the power line climb.

XtremeTaper

Some light rain here today. Makes me want to go run out in the woods so I plan to do that after work. Hit the gym this morning for some weights and stretching.

QOTD:  I'd like to get back to Sequoia National Park and run among the big trees.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD:  I'd like to get back to Sequoia National Park and run among the big trees.

+1 -  I like that one too.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Chnaiur

Planning four warp-up miles before a weight session.

QOTD: I love northern Scandinavia. I did ski touring in Lyngen, on the top of Norway, this year, and the views were amazing. 5000 ft mountains coming straight out of the sea. I have also raced in Northern Sweden, around Abisko. The real neat thing there is that the landscape is open enough that you are not confined to trails. So the orienteering becomes much more interesting.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Ultra Cowboy

I'll run a short easy run today, after doing 22 miles on the end of the WS100 course Monday.  I'll do a Run Report since it was a special one.

Lace, will you give me/US a heads up if there is another Caribbean Running Cruise?  I like that idea.

WYBMADIITY

Save