Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 40 times)

The pooch and I had another great 7 mile trail run, our longest in a while.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

dpc3

More of a recap for here:

Sat: 3 mile hike with the family up embudo canyon

Sun: 4 mile run with pup and son on his bike

Mon: 4 mile run with pup and son on his bike

Tues: 12 mile bike ride into work.

Knee feels ok, heading to the Chiro on Friday. I am all sorts of out of alignment and in need of some fixin.

Have a great day all.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in just under 4 miles last night through the neighborhoods.  Now back to work for the week but at least it's a 4 day week!

I have a good question but it might be a little more involved than a normal qotd - will ask in a separate forum soon.  So really I got nothing...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm sore and tired.  My left hand hurts unsure from dog keash or windiw washing (carrying kadders to big and heavy and using a squiggy on a pole).  At any rate not walking the dog kr running today.  Need to see if I can get the couch fixed (new dog chewed a hole in a cushion) during lunch.  Rest day.

qOTD:

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

sugnim

It snowed lightly for my five mile run along the river this morning.  I was super sleepy when I got up, but I woke up on the trail.  No one else was out, so that allowed me to be a complete nut as I ran: singing, dancing, eating some falling snow flakes.  Now I'm at work and I have to pretend I'm normal again.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a longish run. At least it has warmed up, but there's still ice on the ground. Spikes season won't end soon, I guess.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

No run for me today. I am working 11 hours at a clinic then 45 minute drive home. I won't want to run late. But...I have noticed days are getting a wee bit longer.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Yesterday I was called and asked to work as there was some absenteeism so I did . Figure I should show a spirit of cooperation as long as I was around town lest I lose my four day work week. Did at least manage a nice run early though on the trails at Donald. Choppy ice, packed snow, and some bare ground but pretty runnable in screw shoes. Today just a workout in the cave. I'll try to hit the trails the next couple mornings as it's pretty nice to actually be running trails around here in late January. Another snowshoe race up north on Saturday.

On the Packers-- Many of us that watch the Packers have always complained of McCarthy's meltdowns in big games and I was talking with a couple friends before this one predicting again that he would be badly outcoached. Now I am reading on some national sites that he is being compared to Marty Schottenheimer. Remember him fans?  A very good regular season coach who will always be remembered as a guy who just got the yips in big games. Ended up getting fired from the Chargers after going I believe 14-2 in the league but having another colossal failure in the playoffs.  During the regular season there is no way the Packers don't go for it those couple times in the first quarter and there is no way they run Lacy 3 straight times with over 5 minutes left. He just seized up again.  It's all on McCarthy. Worst 5 minutes in the history of the Packers.  Grrrr.

There, I feel better.

Daydreamer1

Just got back from a workout at the gym. I'm going to try to go more. Mostly for strength training. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Ended up doing a lot of lifting, 4.5 miles on the TM and 122 floors in 20 minutes on the stair climber.

During the regular season there is no way the Packers don't go for it those couple times in the first quarter and there is no way they run Lacy 3 straight times with over 5 minutes left. He just seized up again.  It's all on McCarthy. Worst 5 minutes in the history of the Packers.  Grrrr.

There, I feel better.

I agree. It was at this point that I got up and walked away from the TV. I knew what was coming and couldn't stand to watch it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 miles in heavy snowfall. It was fun, but the snow covered up my glasses, so after a while, I could barely see where I was going. Up on the hill, I could hear the snow falling, it was very quiet.

When I left, the landscape was a winter wonderland again.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Tempo 8 miler today, 1/2 on trails and 1/2 on logging road.  No screw shoes, but probably could have used them in a spot or two.  I need to do more tempo runs! I need to do more tempo runs!!

NH - sorry for the Packers and agree about the coaching.

Stopped in my LRS after the run.  The store is closing at the end of the month.  Nice guy and he does a ton for the area including giving free shoes to kids of lower income families who run XC or track.  Many people come in for advice and then leave and search on Amazon for better deal.  Too sad that online and box stores are killing the Mom and Pop businesses.

QOTD:  For those who race, what is your next race?  If you don't race, what is your next outdoor adventure?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

AT: Agree with your statement that it is not a good thing to get advice from the LRS, then go online for purchase. I am searching for a pair of women's Cascades (any model), size 10.5 or 11. If by any chance you could find out if your LRS has one, let me know, I might get it.

QOTD: Tussey Teaser Series. The first FA race (Teaser #0) will be a 5- or 6-mile run in February, usually in deep snow. Looking forward to running with the Running Club people again!

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After taking off yesterday because of post-race soreness (Clearwater 50K, 6:45:38), I ran 3.2 miles easy around the neighborhood. Still sore but I could run. Yesterday I don't think I could have.

QOTD: Jackpot Ultra 24-hour, Feb 14th

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

3 nice miles in Phleger Estate during lunch.

QOTD: I might try the Sean O'Brien 100K (or drop down) as a training run. Next "race" is Zion 100.

Daydreamer1

Stopped in my LRS after the run.  The store is closing at the end of the month.  Nice guy and he does a ton for the area including giving free shoes to kids of lower income families who run XC or track.  Many people come in for advice and then leave and search on Amazon for better deal.  Too sad that online and box stores are killing the Mom and Pop businesses.

QOTD:  For those who race, what is your next race?  If you don't race, what is your next outdoor adventure?

I find scenarios like this extremely frustrating. I never information shop at a small store and then buy online, unless they were nasty or rude to me.  I try to buy local and made in USA whenever possible. Just ordered a pair of Red Wing work shoes today. Made in USA.  Trying to keep some fine worker in WI employed and off the welfare rolls.

QOTD: Hyner 25k.