Trailer Trash

Waiting for the West Coast Tuesday? (Read 40 times)

runtraildc

We must be waiting for the west coasters to get their run in today.  I am also waiting for the ice to melt.  Just a few slick spots to worry about.  I might end up at the gym for a treadmill run, the way it's looking right now.  4 miles, with the speed that I passed on yesterday.

have a good day, trailers!

qotd:  pass

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think people wait for someone else to post and than if they don't post a QOTD they wait until that is added.  I walked my dogs this morning and saw a little trail to the right and took it.  It was magical.  Bright green moss and ferns with a little stream rolling by.  This is actually in my neighbors backyard but their house is up on the hill so that can't see me down in the woods.  Just surprising to be somewhere where you have been many times and then see someone so new and so beautiful.  Plan today..lunch time 5.  Yesterday..I was a flop!

QOTD:  Tell us one truth about you we may not know and one lie about you.  We need to guess which is the truth and which is the lie.

I lost my virginity while working my at the Conservation Corps in Sleeping Bear Dunes.  I am currently a Forest Ranger.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Tempo run today.  Fastest I've run in a while but much slower than I used to run.

QOTD:

I wish I had the courage to sell our house and move into a RV travelling the country.

OR

I had a great weekend at Sleeping Bear Dunes many years ago and I don't even know her name.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

You guys made me smile my first smile of the day! Thanks!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Well played At-runner, well played!

11.5 hilly road miles

QOTD My dog has terrible, nasty  gas!

Or

I can run a 3:45 mile!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get out tonight for a run - distance/time tbd.

QoN - pretty sure you are not a Forrest ranger.

ATrunner - ummmm...hmmmm.....

Muppy - maybe you run so fast to get away from the smelly dog?? maybe.

QOTD: 1.) I don't know my parents but through some research I traced them back to some place called Dunes of a Sleeping Bear or something like that

or

2.) Someday I hope to finish my career as a college professor teaching Psychology/Counseling

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Probably 7 after work.

QOTD: Well, well, well... Nice, Sue. I know you aren't a forest ranger, not much sleeping going on at Sleeping Bear Dunes. I commend you AT; that was a classic. I hope you guys have fun in the RV. Muppy: Get some Gas X. Boy: You will make a great counselor.

I have jumped from a plane wearing only a parachute.

Or

I have lived in a tent 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Just got back from the gym. 4.5 miles on the TM, followed by 132 floors on the stairs of death, with another 1.5 miles walking on the TM at a 15% grade. Also did a bunch of lifting.  The gym just got a new TM. I found out that it has a 3% downhill feature on it. Very different going downhill on a TM.

QOTD:  Wish I had more time to ponder this one.

I spent a night camping at Sleeping Bear Dunes many years ago. The noises emanating from a nearby tent kept us up all night.

I have a job that most people think is difficult and exciting but in reality is easy and boring.

Watoni

Plan today is to run as a break like I did yesterday (a quick, muddy 4.5 yesterday, maybe a slightly hillier route today).

QOTD: My bride left me as  collateral at a restaurant the morning after we met and fell in love

I have an active profile on Ashley Madison

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hiya gang!  Busy at work these days -- trying to get ready to leave for vacation and my boss is dumping projects onto me!

I know which one is true for Sue... 

QOTD:

I lived out of my car for a brief period of time

I had my heart broken by my college roommate

Running is dumb.

LB2

Just got back from the gym. 4.5 miles on the TM, followed by 132 floors on the stairs of death, with another 1.5 miles walking on the TM at a 15% grade. Also did a bunch of lifting.  The gym just got a new TM. I found out that it has a 3% downhill feature on it. Very different going downhill on a TM.

Our little health club has that same TM. I did the bulk of my hill work for my last race using it. I had no problems with hills, about 16K of gain and 16K of loss across the 100 miles. That isn't huge vert, but it is substantial when you live in Louisiana.

LB2

some call me Tim

Wow, you guys are cracking me up-

4 miles in snowshoes today. It hasn't snowed in a couple of days so the base I've been making is finally allowing for more actual running to happen. For better or worse, this is the start of road marathon training- ha!

qotd: Last year I accidentally started my neighbor's truck on fire;

As a teenager getting amorous in a car, high as a kite, I kicked it into neutral and we ended up out in the middle of the parking lot.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Actually ran!

AT:  It was Sue.   get that RV and go...at least for a month at a time now that the kids are gone or are they still costing you money.

Muppy:  That is so awesome...I mean smelly.  Mine has bad breath!

boyjame:  It's possible...by brothers are over 6 feet and skinny.  Don't know if your tall but I know you are skinny and if you look anything like your picture, we a practically twins.

LB: I'm going with the jump from airplane although it could be either because I know you were in the military.

Daydreamer:  You may have been with my friend. 

Watoni:  I couldn't Google Ashley Madison at work due to security (probably be fired by the end of the day) ...guessing this one is the truth. 

Mandy:  I was thinking of your upcoming vacation bet you can't wait.  HmmmI think you lived out of your car for a brief period of time.  I think you do more heart breaking than having your heart break.

blargendarg:  I am guessing definitely the teenager story!  The angle of your picture makes me think you where high when you took it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just googled it on my phone and now I have an active profile! 

Watoni:  I couldn't Google Ashley Madison at work due to security (probably be fired by the end of the day) ...guessing this one is the truth. 

AT-runner

Tim

Just googled it on my phone and now I have an active profile! 

Must be old (or I don;t get out much), because I had to Google it too, and then I had to tell DW what I Goolgled and why, in case it shows up in my search history.

Queen - Keep your profile up on your computer.  That will get your DH thinking.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!