Trailer Trash

A call to running, or the Thursdaily (Read 44 times)

Sandy-2

Got in last night, was picked up at the airport by my DD and a few of her riding buddies then they took me to some sort of international outdoor shopping village.  Was kind of cool, a beautiful evening and it was good to get the fresh air (except some of the incense and hookah pipes were making me sneeze) and stretch the legs walking around.

Got up early this morning and did an easy 6 miles around Abu Dhabi.  An ok run I guess, but kind of boring since I ran along very long straight stretches by the eastern mangrove and then back along the grids of the streets.  Only saw one other runner and mostly other people waiting for busses to take them to work.  I did hear one or two chantings of the “call to prayers”, but not too loud.  It was very humid and warm, just like TX.

We went out into the desert today so the girls could ride, give the ponys a little warm up.  The race is Saturday, and they are rearing to go.

We’re off to Ferrari Land this afternoon (I guess it is some sort of amusement park with roller coasters and a Ferrari museum).

Qotd: pass.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Morning all!

Wide awake bright and early, but no running this morning.  It's icy out and that is one thing I don't mess with, road ice in the dark.  And, it's going to be 50* today so I'm planning to enjoy  6 miles with DS and the running group later.    And, to keep up with TrailTromper, I have some muffins in the oven.  (cranberry chocolate chip quinoa-- new recipe, we'll see how it goes)

Sandy, the run along the mangroves sound nice, as well as exploring a new place.  Good luck to your daughter-- exciting trip!

qotd:  food or beverage vices.  What's the one thing you would defy your doctor on, if s/he told you that you needed to give it up?  Mine's coffee.  I wish I could say that my day is not the same without it, but the truth is that I haven't gone a day without a cup (or more) in decades so I haven't tested that anytime recently.   I can go decaf, but I cannot imagine giving it up.

Occasional Runner

Sounds like another great adventure Sandy.

Heading out now for a run of undetermined length. We're heading down to Moab shortly afterwards for the Red Hot 55k. Looking forward to a fun filled weekend!

QOTD: Beer

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Good morning, Sandy! Sounds like a wonderful day after the long flight, and - another international run. Good luck to your DD for the race, and have fun crewing!

I must have missed the memo, were we in for another snow storm?

Last night, it started snowing very heavily while I was driving the kids home from school, and today, the landscape has turned into winter magicland again. How come, wasn't it supposed to get spring now?

Anyway, I'll be heading out for a fun run in the snow after dropping the kids off at school.

traildc: Nice temps! Have a fun run later!

lace: Safe travels!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Run for fun.

Trail Monster

Sandy, that sounds awesome!

6 mile recovery run today.

QOTD: Most things. I love my coffee. I love having a beer every once in awhile. I love having junk food sometimes. I really would hate to never be able to eat or drink any one thing again.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out for 4 easy (not so easy) miles in the dark on slick roads and paths.  A coating of ice everywhere so it was slow going.

Sandy - here's to hoping you DD (and horse) does very well.

QOTD: Ummm.....probably ice cream.  I live ice cream.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Ran 88 minutes last night through a brown, slushy mess.  Plan for tonight is 60-70 minutes.

Sandy - Sounds like a neat trip!

QOTD:  Coffee and chocolate.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

Just got power back yesterday, spent the day cleaning up, then woke up

to another 4 inches. Winter in New England, gotta either embrace it or

be pissed off til spring! I'm in need of a good outdoor run, it's been a week.

I'll get in a 5 miler later along the canal. This weather and my injury are fucking

with my training for an April 50k, good thing reg was only $20.

Sandy: Good luck to DD this weekend, sounds cool.

QOTD: Coffee

Birdwell

Happy Birthday Arizona! 101 years old today. Not too shabby.

got in 30 minutes at the pool this morning.  Nice and easy.

Qotd: ice cream, and chips w/salsa.

I WOKE UP EARLY AND RAN! Definitely not caps-lock worthy for everyone else here, but for me this is HUGE. I got in 7.6 miles and watched the sun rise over the Philly skyline.

QOTD: Wine, coffee, beer, & chocolate. I have many vices...

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I WOKE UP EARLY AND RAN! Definitely not caps-lock worthy for everyone else here, but for me this is HUGE. I got in 7.6 miles and watched the sun rise over the Philly skyline.

QOTD: Wine, coffee, beer, & chocolate. I have many vices...

+1 to seeing the sunrise as you run in the morning.  One of the great benefits of morning runs.  Great job!

And Jon - good to see you're still alive (from injury and snow)!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy, best of luck to your daughter and her horse.  Enjoy the adventure.

Heading out for 10-12 on the lightly snow covered trails.

QOTD:  COOKIES!!!  DW trained as a pastry chef and makes the best cookies.  It's the reason I run.  Beer is a close second.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile trail run in the fresh dusting of snow. The trees were snow covered and it was really scenic when the sun hit them.

QOTD: I agree with Wandering Wally, coffee and chocolate would be tough to give up.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy Birthday Arizona! 101 years old today. Not too shabby.

got in 30 minutes at the pool this morning.  Nice and easy.

Qotd: ice cream, and chips w/salsa.

I just drove through her last summer, she still looks good for 101...actually she's fucking HOT.

jonferg67

Endless trails

+1 to seeing the sunrise as you run in the morning.  One of the great benefits of morning runs.  Great job!

And Jon - good to see you're still alive (from injury and snow)!

Thanks, Jame. I think we need a good year or so to make the full transition from sunny CA to being

in New England, it's a whole other animal over here.