Trailer Trash

Happy HUMPDAILY! (Read 35 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning trailers!

I got in an awesome 12 miler in on the trails in the Wissahickon. I love these trails and running at sea level is hard to beat. It's like being turbo charged!

I saw a big whitetail doe on my run this morning and she had huge white splotches all over her coat like a painted horse. I've never seen anything like that before.

QOTD: Do you ever find yourself getting competitive with other runners during your training run?

I do it all the time. I hate being passed by other runners and I'm always trying to chase somebody down. I guess it keeps it interesting.

Great run Lace. I wish I could up and move to somewhere with elevation. I guess I can dream.

I ran 8 last night with my trail running group. Followed to close behind someone and twisted my ankle pretty badly with a mile to go. Just what I needed. I just started back up after my two week break. Taking my rest day today in lieu of Friday. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

qotd: all the time...its just my personality. Great example was yesterday. It was supposed to be my easy day but I was pushing the pace keeping up with the guys in the front of the group.

AT-runner

Tim

Lunch run today.  Should have time for 6 or so hopefully without lightning.

QOTD: Don't get to run with a group very much, usually just DW or running buddies that I know.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning good trail people,

Lace: was elevation part of the reason for your move?

Tmotmo: hope a day off will do it for the ankle...like you said, awful timing

I did 7 yesterday around the neighborhood.  A little bit of knee pain which I opted to run through.  I blame cycling so I think I will cut that out and see how it goes.

I will not be home until late tonight so I will do a "wait and see".  I'd really like to get some miles tonight even if it's just a quicky.

QOTD: I go the opposite way...I throttle back when I see other runners.  Locally, there is a big 5k scene (which I am generally not a part of).  I like being the darkhorse at the races I do.  Most of my training is done on trails and at night.  When I am out during the day, I don't like showing my cards.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

Lace: was elevation part of the reason for your move?

It definitely played a role in the decision. I'm in Philly right now and it really highlights the benefits when I run at these lower elevations.

Daydreamer1

Work induced rest day for me. Working until 11 pm so there is no way I'll get out for a run. I just got off the phone with the Dr's office. No fractures in my ankle from what they can tell, so it looks like the pain is just tendonitis from stretching the ligaments and tendons out. The prescription? Light bike riding and NSAID's. Since it's not broke I think i'll still try some easy running.

Lace - Maybe that doe was playing around at the local paintball club!! Or maybe she got into some bleach Joking.

Tmotmo44 - I feel your pain. I did the samething about 6 weeks ago. I definetly blame it on following too close and talking. Hope you heal fast.

QOTD: I probably would if I would ever see anyone on the trails. I occasionally see a hiker or two, never runners. Same with the bike on the road.

Sandy-2

Did ok golfing today, main thing for me is not to screw up too badly and not slow down the really good guys.

Afterward did an easy 5 miles.  I still wonder if running in a big air-polluted city is a net positive.

Have a good one everybody.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

dpc3

Got in a quick 3 this morning, taking it easy until this weekend.

Nice runs folks and enjoy them if you have them scheduled for this afternoon/evening.

QOTD: Yes I don't like getting passed and if I see someone I must catch up to them.

Have a good day folks!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Edit - maybe I should share what I ran today - oops!  6 miles - remains a bit cold but the warm stuff is coming!

lace - kudos to the elevation training.  I am sure it helps with...well...everything

tmotmo - terrible timing for you.  Hope it is not too bad and heals quickly

AT - do you get out for a lot of lunch runs? I've thought about doing that but no shower here...maybe baby wipes?

Jamzilla - I too noticed more keen pain when doing a lot of stationary bike - at least that is what I thought was aggrevating it

DD - those bad sprains are worse than a break.  Sometimes takes a long time to heal.

Sandy - golf eh? I think I would seriously injure someone if I tried to play

DPC - good luck this weekend - race right? (Jemez?)

QOTD: I don't run with others and generally don't see too many people (early mornings or isolated trails) so not really.  When I run the occasional indoor track at my gym I will make a game out of it to see how many times I can lap people (they are always slower than me) - it helps pass the time.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I saw a big whitetail doe on my run this morning and she had huge white splotches all over her coat like a painted horse. I've never seen anything like that before.

That's a piebald deer.  Very rare.  I've never seen one live.  I have seen taxidermy specimen at hunting shows and Cabella's.

**Ask me about streaking**

dpc3

DPC - good luck this weekend - race right? (Jemez?)

Next weekend is Jemez

I got in an awesome 12 miler in on the trails in the Wissahickon. I love these trails and running at sea level is hard to beat. It's like being turbo charged!

I can't wait til some of  those steeper hills (yellow trail hill up from Forbidden drive by Bell's Mill Road) are easy for me....they do get easier every time though. I guess I can't be too greedy when I only run there 1x per week.

I got in 6 last night and it was excellent. First run in a couple weeks that I felt strong and energetic. Tonight I'll probably go out for another 6 before going out to dinner in Center City.

QOTD: Yes, but only in certain circumstances. For instance, when I pass a guy (it's most often a man in this case) and he's clearly slower than me, but then he tries to speed up to keep up with me. Then I leave him in the dust. Smile

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

SRD for me, which seems great after my 18 tough miles yesterday.

Still trying to figure out whether I'll run the Rothrock Trail Challenge or not - it's on June 2nd. For some reason I don't feel like running it, but it sure would be good to get an idea of where I'm standing in terms of training. And I could tuck on another 10 miles or so and make it the long run, maybe do 10 the next day for a B2B? Decisions, decisions. Joking

lace: nice run, great to see that piebald deer!

Tmo: Bad timing. Hope it won't bother you for too long!

AT: Storm season is never predictable which makes it hard to get in a run if it's on a schedule.

Zilla: Hope you'll get your night run in.

DD1: Sprains and strains can last very long. Good thing nothing is broken, but you'll need quite some patience to get it healed up again.

Sandy: Golfing - sounds great, but not really my thing (although I have never tried it, just minigolf). For the pollution, well, one must die from something eventually. If you beat the cardio diseases, it'll be lung cancer that might catch up to you. Sad

dpc: Enjoy the lighter days!

Jamie: So glad that it's getting warmer, even though the mornings are still chilly!

T&C: Having a strong run feels just great and lasts for a while as a motivational booster. Hope you'll have a nice run later again.

QOTD: Yes, I'm competitive even in training. When I see another runner, I just have to catch him/her - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. But it sure makes for some nice faster intervals!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

That's a piebald deer.  Very rare.  I've never seen one live.  I have seen taxidermy specimen at hunting shows and Cabella's.

That's exactly what it was. I'd never heard of it before, but the pictures on Google are exactly like the deer I saw. I wish I had been packing my iPhone so I could have got a picture of it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Still trying to figure out whether I'll run the Rothrock Trail Challenge or not - it's on June 2nd. For some reason I don't feel like running it, but it sure would be good to get an idea of where I'm standing in terms of training. And I could tuck on another 10 miles or so and make it the long run, maybe do 10 the next day for a B2B? Decisions, decisions. Joking

Wait! June 2nd or June 1st? The website says June 1st which is that Saturday.  If it is June 2nd, I might be able to run it.  Hmmm...please let me know.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday