Trailer Trash

Three inches OF SNOW and counting Thursdaily (Read 34 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

The snow is piling up.  Is it not almost spring? What is this white stuff that refuses to go away?!?

I bailed on my run last night.  My legs are not doing well.  I am optimistic though.  Not sure why.  So maybe try again tonight or take yet another day.

QOTD: If you woke up one morning and lost your memory of how old you are - and you did the following to figure it out: 1.) Looked in the mirror AND 2.) went by how you feel - how old would you think you are?

By looking in the mirror, I would guess 24, by the way I feel (when I first get out of bed) I would guess 64. So I guess I take the middle ground and say I am 44.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

I woke up early with a specific plan, took a look at another below zero morning and went back to bed. No more, Uncle! Knowing that after today we will be doing a big time warm up I'll take a USRD and wait for the heat wave. Weights, core, and elliptical this morn.

QOTD--Funny.  If I just woke up with no memory and took one look in the mirror, I'd be heading right back to bed hoping I was just dreaming.

AT-runner

Tim

I'm supposed to run 10-12 today, but doing might be hard doing that outside dodging snow plows.  Might wait a bit and drive to the battlefield.  Hopefully won't have to be a TM day.

Another race has been postponed due to snow and concerns over trail damage.  The Seneca Creek Greenway Trail 50k has been moved to March 21st now.

QOTD:  I'm blessed with good genetics as far as aging goes (my 78 yo old mother looks like she's 65).  If I remove my right shoulder from the equation, then it would be younger for #1 and #2.  If I use my right arm to push myself out of bed, then answer to #2 jumps to 75.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6 miles last night in a pleasantly warm 40°rain!

QOTD Tough question! After I get out of bed and get the aches and pains worked out,  then I would feel quite young. Once I look in the mirror and see the gray hair I would probably look old. But realistically I'm probably in the best shape of my life right now, as sad as that is.....

XtremeTaper

Hmm.. interesting thread title. I am afraid to read queenie's reply to this one.

Snow coming down here as well. I am just about over this cold/crud but have sort of packed in this week as far as training. This will probably be day 4 of no running. I'll get back to it this weekend. Hopefully the trails will not be a mess. So plan today is just some snow shoveling later.

Looking at trips to FL (running and golf for myself) and the Keys with the missus as an early spring diversion.

QOTD: I feel pretty good normally when I wake up. No aches and pains for the most part. So I'd say 30's in that regard. The reverse Mohawk and grey beard stubble brings me back to reality.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Morning.  Not quite 3 inches here yet, but it is coming down hard.  Got in 4.5 miles around the neighborhood.  Between a cold, a back spasm and stomach issues, I've barely been out the last couple of weeks so it took a while to warm up and get going.  The slush and snow didn't help the speed, either.  But it felt great and I really needed to get out.

qotd:  Hmmm, physically, I feel like a 30 year old, but look like a middle aged soccer mom.  Mentally, I've always been a cranky old man.  Now you'll have to excuse me while I go shoo the neighborhood hooligans off my front yard.

Have a good day, folks!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Woke up to -5 degrees, feels like -15.  F$*%$(KKK!  This is supposed to be the last day before it warms up, so I will put on 10 layers, my buff, multiple gloves, etc and head out tonight for One. Last. Motherfucking. Winter. Run.  Planning on 6-7 easy miles.

QOTD: I am reasonably sure I could pass for a college student on first glance, but if I really looked in the mirror, I am starting to get wrinkles on my face.    A year ago, I would have felt like an 80 year old (and on crutches too boot!), but I'm feeling pretty good these days!

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning since I'm on vacation in TX for a few days.  I'll run later this afternoon.  Typical Texas winter, yesterday's temps hit the lower 80's, tonight it'll be 29.  I know it's nothing compared to what you gang are putting up with this winter, but that's a pretty good swing nevertheless.

qotd: No idea, but I typical try to delude myself by thinking I'm not that old.  I have shown people my driver's license because they didn't believe how ancient I was....   :-)

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We were suppose to whale watch but when we got there,  they moved us to the 1:30 slot. So we walked home for 5 miles, which was good.

QOTD:  i think I look good..so that's 42 but how I feel; sense of humor like a 12 year old boy, like to party like I'm 25 and good physical shape of 36 so that makes me 28.75

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hmm.. interesting thread title. I am afraid to read queenie's reply to this one.

My first thought was; "Sorry to hear that Jaime!"

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

We were busy all night. Got back to the station around 5:15, decided to lay down for a few minutes then get up and finish my paperwork. When I woke up it was light outside. I looked at my watch and it was after 9.  I had missed clocking out by over a hour.  It's nice to be able to oversleep at work .   The bad thing was the snow had kicked into high gear so I had even more of the crappy junk to clean off the car.

I'm blaming all this junk on that groundhog I saw last week on my one run.

Mandy and NH -- Would you all quit talking about that warm up you're supposed to be getting and send it this way as soon as possible. I don't want to wait until next week.

QOTD:  How I look would be about 60. How I feel would be about 35, unless I'm around my co-workers then it's 22.  Add those up, divide by 3 and, Voila,  you have 39. Sound like a good age. I think I'll stay there for awhile.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My first thought was; "Sorry to hear that Jaime!"

oh snap

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My first thought was; "Congrats, Jaime!"

Fixed your post. He did say "and counting..."  

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

It's what you choose to do with that day that matters!

Outside > TM

My country roads.  Only had to move for one plow the whole time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

We have a little wintry mix falling right now; I'll get out for 5 after work.

QOTD: I wake up feeling like 25; I guess I look a little younger than I am now that I gained a little weight back. So, I look like a healthy 40ish.

LB2