Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 35 times)

The pooch and I had another great 3 mile trail run. It was a cold 12 F moonlight start and dawn was just barely breaking at the end of the run.  My kind of run!

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

hog4life

I am now "officially" Trailer Trash! I completed my 15k trail race yesterday with a whopping time of 1:47, and a awesome wipeout at the 6 mile mark. I banged both of my knees really good that I stayed on the frozen ground for 2-3 minutes. The it took another few minutes to start moving, limping at first, but was then able to start running again. The temp was 18 when we started, and maybe 26 or so by the time I finished.

This was a great experience! I also got a couple of really cool pics from the course photographer.

Today my knees are a little stiff and sore. I'm at work, so will get plenty of walking, and maybe a short run this evening.

runtraildc

All you folks getting out on the trails and all I got was another gym workout yesterday.   Well obviously I only have myself to blame.  Today is looking much nicer and I have 5 or 6 miles planned in Rock Creek this afternoon, when it warms up.

Hog-- Congratulations!  And good recovery from the fall.  I hope the knee heals quickly.

TT- I'm thinking of going shopping for an 8 week old puppy today.   DH is in San Diego until Thursday.     (your DW seems a wise woman and obviously knows you well)

qotd:  Any new obsessions lately?  Not running related, but I've gotten hooked on the netflix series 'orange is the new black'.  It's been out for a while and I've been meaning to watch it for some time and finally watched an episode.  Well, I'm hooked-- it'sso  well written and all the characters are so interesting and well developed.

Also, an old favorite snack revisited:  green apples with peanut butter and raisins.

Occasional Runner

I went for a quick run through the neighborhood this morning. We're getting a bit of rain down here, so I imagine it's dumping snow all over the Wasatch. Good for the skiers, I guess.

Heading to the airport soon for a flight to JFK, then onto Sau Paulo, Brazil. Race starts at 8:00 PM on Wednesday. I think I'm ready.

QOTD: Not really. I have two obsessions in my life. Running and my wife. Those keep me pretty occupied.

Heading out shortly for 14 miles on the trails. It should be nice running weather compared to yesterday.

QOTD: I've been addicted to watching Sons of Anarchy for the last several weeks. We're on the final season right now. Good show!

muppy

4.4 miles last night, and it's the first time I didn't take any walking breaks since I came back from my injury!

Congratulations Hog,  that's awesome!

RunTrailDC,good luck puppy shopping!

Kelly, good luck in Brazil!

QOTD Since The Steelers are out of the playoffs that obsession is gone. I have been re-watching the series the Wire, what I would say is the best show ever that was on television!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Got 4 miles in with a little climbing, trails were snowy but well-worn by the hikers. Temps

were in the teens but I was sweating in no time, starting with a climb sure helps with the

warm-up.

hog: Congrats and thanks for the race report.

QOTD: No new obsessions here, still playing with the old ones.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

snow falling again (on track for  quite a snow season), temps are to get into the mid 20's again- Spring like! 

will get 6-ish in sometime today, will stick to the snow packed trails and leave the shoes home

qotd: not necessarily a new obsession, but have a couple of more winter overnighters planned- built a pulk to carry supplies (vs a heavy backpack)- have tested it out a couple of times and seems to be working just fine  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

You need to get a couple of dogs to pull that thing.

qotd: not necessarily a new obsession, but have a couple of more winter overnighters planned- built a pulk to carry supplies (vs a heavy backpack)- have tested it out a couple of times and seems to be working just fine  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

6.5 miles this morning with Bella.  After my "big" run of 10 miles yesterday, I expected my legs to be dead and my hip to hurt today since I felt pretty stiff last night, but nope!  All systems go this morning.  This was a good, confidence building weekend for me!

QOTD: Well, I was obsessed with the podcast Serial before it ended.  I guess I'm still obsessed, since I continue to follow the case (and reddit) now that it's over.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Congratulations Hog! Sounds like a great time. I fall all the time. During the summer my left knee is always bruised an battered.

DC: so..is it a springer puppy?

My run last night did not happen. First..my run buddy backed out. Not a true trail runner yet, she was afraid we would get lost ( we would not),  she was afraid our cell phones would freeze (they will unless worn a layer away from skin) and that the snow was too deep (it is not). So...that along with my home life made me blow the whole thing off. Looks like my run buddy is a fair weather runner.

As soon as the other grandmother comes to get the babies, I am off for a road run. I have no car so it is the best I can do.

Harrier: your upcoming adventure sound awesome. Draggi g stuff over the snow sounds like a great idea!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

Good Sunday morning all. It is snowing, and I will be going out for a little 3 mile run with my wife and son in just a bit. This morning I shoveled our driveway and the neighbor's after having breakfast with my mom. I'll probably shovel again later.

QOTD:  It sounds odd, but after last year, running feels like a new obsession all over again. Other than that, I play horn in 2 chamber groups and I have a 15 month old son. Along with work, I keep pretty busy.

NorthernHarrier

Snowshoe race this morning with a bunch of yoopers. Have not seen the results as I boogied right away but I think I represented well. Felt strong and smooth which means I probably didn't really max out but it's all good. Little chilly with temps about 4F at the start.  I webbed the 5k and at one point you can see the 10ker's and the lead guy was flying. When I finished I was told this dude hit 5k in 17:30. On snowshoes. In deep effin' snow. Crap!

So now I'm listening to the Packer game, will try to find an on line feed then heading out skiing for the rest of the day.

Moonlight--I think you meant Warden. I have done winter camping by snowshoes in my younger days and at this point in time I'm looking for a hotel. 

runtrail--Good luck with that!

QOTD--Nope

moonlightrunner

sorry, Harrier, I suffer from CRS...Can't  Remember Shit.

Snowshoe race this morning with a bunch of yoopers. Have not seen the results as I boogied right away but I think I represented well. Felt strong and smooth which means I Moonlight--I think you meant Warden. I have done winter camping by snowshoes in my younger days and at this point in time I'm looking for a hotel. 

runtrail--Good luck with that!

QOTD--Nope

Qotd: with two toddlers iI barely have time for my running g obsession.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Got out for 3 ish on the trails - had to cut the snow myself and it was sloooow.  The temps have definitely kept the hikers inside. It felt like a heat wave today at 31 degrees though.

Afterwards met up with my running club for a nice long XC ski.  It was more like a lot of chatting and falling but that's what keeps us together I suppose. Fun times.

hog- congrats on your race! Hope to hear about more in the future!

QOTD: smoothies. I don't know why I waited so long to hop on this trend, but now I'm addicted.  With aloe Vera juice and chia seeds to boot.