Trailer Trash

Soggy Mondaily (Read 37 times)

Sandy-2

My run was really soggy this morning.  At 6:15am it was 100% humidity and 81* F.  Instant summer. I was totally soaked in sweat after my little 5 mile jaunt.  Houston is really soggy, but it is child's play compared to Singapore.  This afternoon it's in the 90's. I cheated again and brought my phone with me so it was easy to navigate a loop around the crazy curvy streets here. Actually got back to the hotel without any issues.

By the way, my DD did her b2b half marathons this weekend in Houston.  She said she "messed up" and ran too fast and did a PR on the first day.  But then she turn around and ran a minute faster on the second day (they were run on the same trail both days).  Two PRs in two days, I think I may have crated a monster... she wants to do a 50k next.

Oh yeah, excitement on the flight to Singapore yesterday, some guy had too much to drink and started yelling about discrimination against Malays and Indians. They tried to settle him down but he was really yelling and screaming and starting to roam around the cabin.  He ended up "enjoying" the last few hours of the flight in the back of the plane in handcuffs.  I think he was given some "government housing" when we landed.

I got nothing for the qotd.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

Wow, Sandy! Sounds like DD is a chip of the old block. Please pass on my congrats. What an awesome effort. How old is she?

I had a great run yesterday. 8.6 miles. It does not sound like much, but considering my recent mileage (almost nothing) it felt like I ran a marathon. Snow is almost gone, but there were stretches of icy snow. I had to put on then take off my ice cleats numerous times. It was beautiful out. Today it is supposed to be in the 60's! We still have a lot of snow to melt. But today should help.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Rest day for me. I got a little carried away on my weekend miles but with the weather change it was just nice to be outside without freezing.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Rest day for me as well, though I will get to a yoga class later.  The weather people are reporting that 'cold weather' is moving in later this week, and advise to enjoy today.  It'll be in the 60's and this 'cold' will be high 40s and low 50s.  What a change from a couple of weeks ago (and all of winter).  Glad the snow is mostly gone.  Trails should be thawed and in better shape by the end of the week.

Sandy-- congrats to DD!  What a great weekend she had!

qotd: What signs of spring are you seeing in your area?  Me, it was this little fella yesterday.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 22 miles on the C&O Towpath yesterday.  I had the same 20mph winds that runtraildc had, but at least had wind at my back for the return run.  I'm not a fan of the Towpath, but DW picked it because she wanted a flat run.

When we got back to the car, a few people were talking about a hiker killed on the AT between Gathland SP and Weverton Cliffs (a section of the JFK50).  The strong winds blew a tree down on his head.

jonferg - Enjoy HH Island.  DW heads down this weekend to see her parents.  I'm missing this trip, so I'll will probably drop down a spot in the son-in-law competition.  For trail running, drive over to Pinckney Island.  Nice trail system on an old plantation.  It's the first right just after getting off HHI on 278.

Sandy - is DD ever going to do the Mongolian race again?  Congrats on the running part.

QOTD:  DW's working in the greenhouse.  Still have some snow.  New tiller came last Thursday to replace out 19 year old model.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Plan on five or so miles after work today.

Congratulations to DD Sandy, that's awesome!

I saw that about the hiker that got killed. That's terrible, but I would rather go out doing something I love, then a slow painful death.

QOTD  Spring is definitely here in Central PA. All of our snow melted last week, and my snowdrops are blooming!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day for me.  I hope to get in some foam rolling later as I am a bit tight from my run yesterday.  I almost forgot until AT mentioned the wind.  My second half of my run yesterday was uphill and into the wind.  Kinda sounds like one of those "when I was a kid..." stories.

AT - that is crazy and so sad about the hiker.  I have had numerous runs in the woods on windy days and always had a faint fear that a tree was going to fall.  The probability is super low though.  Having said that, a wet ground followed by wind is what does it.  Trees don't normally fall unless there was been a lot of moisture to soften the ground around the roots.

Sandy - B2B days of racing a HM? Your DD is now a running monster - Congrats!

QOTD: signs of spring? Ummm....people coming out of the woodwork in our neighborhood to walk their dogs, cats, kids....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Today is an SRD. I have to teach my class tonight; I could run though. But, I get all wired up when I run past 7PM and can't sleep. I did manage some good hiking and running over the weekend. 2 miles hiked on Saturday; 5 miles run; then, 3 miles hike on Sunday; 6ish miles run. I am a little out of practice for hiking; it is a little different.

QOTD: Turkeys are gobbling!!! Our season opens the 28th. I can hardly wait.

LB2

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run.  The mud had just enough of a frozen crust to keep it from being sloppy.

QOTD: The snow is pretty much gone with only tiny patches here and there, but the reservoir still is frozen over.  Nothing is getting green or blooming yet, but there are robins everywhere.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will strength train this evening after work

qotd: snow is receding (gone in town), temps are definitely warmer (we've had a couple days in the 60's already)- they're calling for snow tonight, but it will be shortlived as the temps are supposed to continue to be warm

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Yesterday was a 3 hour "run" for the Lady and over at French Creek. Things are wet,  muddy, and still snowy and icy over there. I should have kept my screw shoes screwed for one more weekend as there were many hard icy patches where they would have been handy. In fact probably most of the run. I did see some patches of trail here and there but for the most part they were flooded with an inch or two of water when they did appear. A few dry patches though. My feet did not know how to react to that. I am guessing 14 miles for the run. Really was hoping for a longer run but that really was enough.

Today I believe we will hit the trails on the north side of Green Lane after work. I expect to see dirt there or at worst mud. Most of the trails there are on southern exposed slopes or in open meadows. Really sick of ice and snow right now but it's almost gone.

QOTD: Still dreary here, but I have seen some robins and in fact a daffodil bulb shoot (not near flowering yet) is poking out of the ground  now that the ice has melted.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Thanks everyone for the nice comments for my DD. She is 21. She'd love to go back to Mongolia, but she is also considering a 1000k in South Africa as well - stay tuned. She's one tough kid, not a fast runner but seems to do the 'slow and steady' just fine. Which I can relate to of course.

qotd: it's more like summer... Here are two photos of the hotel grounds.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

sugnim

Good morning all.  Its a wet and rainy Monday here in Missoula.  Mondays are rest days, but I've got a crazy work/rehearsal schedule this week.  Directly after work each day I have to drive ~an hour for two more rehearsals and then a string of performances for Phantom of the Opera.  Sunday is two back-to-back performances, and then, it will be Monday again.  I hope to get in some morning running this week, but I'm just going to see how it goes.  Our trails are pretty well melted off of ice & snow, so it will be great to get back out on them.  The only running-related thing I did this weekend was play with my brass quintet for a local 7 mile St. Patrick's Day race.  We set up an aid station and played some Irish tunes as well as the theme from Super Mario Bros.  It was pretty fun.

QOTD: The river is high, the birds are coming back, there are very faint green buds on our lilac tree, and the trails are made of mud instead of ice.  Spring has definitely arrived.

Sandy--You must be one proud pop!

Runtrail: I love seeing wild snakes.  There's something about them that always makes me smile.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good morning trailers!

So yard work al day Saturday..so many pine needles so little time!  Went for a great Mt Bike ride on Sunday.  Nice to work different muscle.  Thinking I should add a Mt Bike ride to work mid week to keep those muscles in shape.  Today's plan is the lunch time 5.

QOTD: Well besides all the flowers blooming I notice good old poison oak is just beginning to bloom too.  Itching to put the garden in but...is it tooo soon????  Will we get a freeze out of the blue?

Sandy2:  Great news about your daughter.  To me that reflects on what an awesome Dad you are for her.  Beautiful garden..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I was hoping to get up on the mountain today. Kind of afraid that It will be a lot of slush with all the melting going on. On top of that my GI tract is feeling pretty yucky. Have a few chores to take care of before I can run so I'll see how I feel in a few hours. I'd like to get in about 10 miles but If I don't feel better it'll be a lot less.

QOTD: DW threatening me with dismemberment   while I'm chasing her around the yard with the garden hose trying to spray her .   Oh, and some little things such as the honking of the geese flying overhead, the piles of cinders, salt and other debris the snowplow deposited in our yard and a few green shoots starting to peep through the old mulch in the flower beds.