Trailer Trash

Shoveled Out Fridaily (Read 28 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Just over 12" of SNOW yesterday.  This weekend was supposed to be 26+, but I'm going to have trouble finding someplace to run without having large section on the road.  All local races have been cancelled and trails are a posthole mess at this point.

Have a great weekend, everyone.  For those of you with pristine trail conditions and not snowed in, we hate you!

QOTD:  pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Dug out here. I think we had around 8" of snow more or less. Enough to likely mess up the trails for a bit but they say a warmup next week. Let it melt let it melt let it melt.

Think I will hit the roads today for a few miles. Need to get the Lady out as well. She is not a fan of my 4 day streak of no running.

QOTD: What would you donate to a 12-hour trail race that has no fee? It's loop course (~ 5 mile) on trails. No fee, but donations accepted.

AT.. sucks about the snow. The trails here were pretty good all winter and now that it's March and DST to boot this weekend we get slammed.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  I would bring something for the AS and probably donate $25.  Without the AS supplies, probably $40.

Where is this 12hr event?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sorry guys a sweaty and muggy 4.80 on the beach.  I'm nit much if a fan for beach running.

Qotd:  $40 ...I'm cheap.  But then I've paid $130 fir a 50k .....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Hit the snowy trails for just under 2 hours this morning. Luckily we didn't get any of that latest snow but still depending what trails you are doing it can be kind of a struggle, still doable but tiring. Today was such a day. Didn't overdue it on the effort as the plan is a 17 miler tomorrow on hilly roads near my cabin.

Sucks about all that snow you guys got, hopefully it won't stick around long but it sure can screw things up for a bit.

Queen--I'll be down in Destin Fl. in a week with miles of sandy beach. They actually run an ultra on the beach there but no thanks. I'll walk the sands looking at "scenery" but there are some miles of trails about 20 minutes from there. Much better.

QOTD-Well in my case 0.00 as I would never sign up for something like that.   The Devils Backbone that we'll be doing in July is a donation type run and I'll probably go with $40-$50 for that, maybe a little more. They do have to hike some supplies in to the one end of the course and there is a shirt involved, plus a giveaway.

XtremeTaper

AT - Race is in FL early next month. 10 minutes from my parents house.

Queen - I am with you on the beach running. The few times I've done it I've only gone a few miles. Even if you stay in the wet packed sand there is a slope and you run on and on and seem to go nowhere.

Sandy-2

Did a nice 5 miler early this morning.  The weather was great, 30*, low humidity and crystal clear blue sky.  There were tons of birds flying around, trying to stay warm I guess.  In one 10 foot span I saw the big three, cardinal, robin and blue jay - quite a colorful little stretch (plus there was a mourning dove off in the distance hooting somewhere.  A birder's dream I guess.

qotd: I guess a large container of HEED, or $40 to $50 bucks.

Happy Friday everyone.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Felt Crappy yesterday and ended up bagging my planned run. I was planning on going out today but DW just texted me from work and said I left my wind pants in her vehicle. Since it'll be too cold without them I'll probably do a inside workout, after I work on my water tank and water heater.

AT and Extreme -- I'm really glad you all kept that snow down there. We got about 4 inches up here and that was 4 inches too much.

QOTD: I'm really not sure. I'd probably try to determine what they need as far as supplies and any cash costs. Have you asked the RD or have they provided any guidance on donations?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The East coast has just gotten hammered this year.  Totally crazy.  Sorry to hear about your continued weather woes, AT.  This morning was bitterly cold here, but we're finally on the upswing.  40 degrees tomorrow!  DST on Sunday!  I am very literally giddy about it all.  I embraced winter one last time last night and in turn she was a total bitch.  Cold, cold, cold run.  I actually gave up and called it at 6.5 miles.  I just couldn't stomach that extra 1/2 mile for an even 7.  My hands were very rapidly deteriorating and it's just not worth it.

Queen -- I hate you.    But I'm glad you're adding to your total and I know I had my time in the sunshine last month.

QOTD: The last donation race I did, I gave $30.

Running is dumb.

some call me Tim

7 on the treadmill...blah. I'm less sick of that than snowshoeing, but not by much. My training has been terrible the last couple of weeks.

qotd: I guess 40 or 50, but I'm also not terribly interested in a 12hr

Gator eye

The thermostat said -10 this am as I was getting ready for my run so once more I hit the treadmill for the longest  four miles of my life.

QOTD: It would depend on what they had for food and support. Probably a fifty and maybe add a little at the end if I thought the cause was worth it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Have not run since Monday.  Been a bad week for my legs.  I am hoping to get out tonight for a short run.  We will see.

QOTD: When I see donation I think "oh I can get away with giving as little as possible".  But then I would feel bad about it.  I would have to look at what the RD suggests and go with something around that.

Oh by the way queen, ended the day yesterday around 8 inches.  

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Did get out and run finally today. 7 miles on the roads (icy and snowy, should have went with screw shoes). Took the Lady along for a few miles.

QOTD: I think I have decided on $62.22 plus bring some aid station fare.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh by the way queen, ended the day yesterday around 8 inches.  

:giggity:  Where's the dancing banana emoticon when you need it??

Running is dumb.

Watoni

No ride today, and no running, but hoping for some great riding over the weekend.

I was supposed to be running Transgrancanaria right now

No idea ... is there beer at the finish?