Trailer Trash

Frigid Fridaily (Read 36 times)

Occasional Runner

It's 32 degrees in the Utah desert this morning with a high in the 50's. Perfect running weather. I'm heading out in a few minutes to run the Pony Express 100 and am hoping for a really speedy race. We'll see how that goes.

QOTD: It's almost that time of year again. Will you be getting a flu shot?

I've never got one and I rarely get sick. I really get tired of the ads on TV that try to guilt me into getting one.

Have a great day Trailers!

Uncharacteristically, the pooch and I have been sitting around and lacking motivation this morning.  I woke up stiff, sore, and generally feeling like hell.  After an hour of that I am finally feeling like going for a run.

QOTD:  Before I retired I got the flu shot at work and for free so I usually got one.  Now that I am retired I am much less likely to.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice and cool here as well- 28 this morning, likewise highs in the low 50's  Strength training this evening, made a few gains on Monday- see if they hold up Smile

good luck lace!

qotd: I usually get a flu shot, last year I got a flu shot early and subsequently had three separate influenza like episodes (spaced about a month or so apart)- I certainly can't say it was due to the flu shot, but at the same time what good was the flu shot?- hell maybe I would have had four! Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

Rest day today, 50K tomorrow.

QOTD: No, and we didn't immunize our kids either. Not quite sure if its a fullblown

conspiracy to weaken our societies immune system so that we'll remain sick, so

we'll need more meds, etc. but I'm not buying it.

runtraildc

Good morning, trailers!  I am not sure what I'm doing today, maybe a short run after work, or a rest day (and a strength workout instead).  The weather is pretty fine here, so the run will probably win.   Have a ten mile race on Sunday (Army TenMiler-- road, but great cause and very well managed)-- looking forward to it!

good luck to the racers out there this weekend!

qotd:  No, I can't be bothered.  But the kids are scheduled for one each, and DH usually gets one too.  That's my insurance for keeping it out of the household (and thus away from me).  Has worked pretty good, haven't had the flu in well over a decade (knock on wood).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi there, I am trying to get more of my runs on trails, especially with my dog and this beautiful Fall weather. I plan to start running the trails more after the Indy Half Marathon 2 weeks from tomorrow, though I do hike trails almost everyday that I don't run. This morning before any light, my dog Rocky and I ran 5 miles, I think I'll get a flashlight to hold even though I have my headlamp. It was an amazing 45 degrees here, I wore capris and a hoodie over my tech T, but by mile 2 I took it off and put it around my waist for the rest of the run.

QOTD: I like your way of thinking. No flu shots for me, I don't think I've had one of those stupid things in almost 10 years and I've never gotten sick (knock on wood). I might get 24 hour stomach bug once or twice a year but that's it. My son who was born April 2012, is not immunized, I find it BS after a lot of research. I'd rather my son and I be immunized naturally rather than by some man-made chemical crap that they didn't even test on people or children. But that is just my opinion Smile

Rest day today, 50K tomorrow.

QOTD: No, and we didn't immunize our kids either. Not quite sure if its a fullblown

conspiracy to weaken our societies immune system so that we'll remain sick, so

we'll need more meds, etc. but I'm not buying it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sugnim

Happy Friday all.  We took our little one out on the trails for the first time yesterday for a little 3 mile hike in his carrier (pic below).  He slept through most of it, but I like to think that the smell of the dirt & the trees entered his tiny psyche.  Tonight, there is a group doing a moonlight 13 mile mountain run (the Pengelly Double Dip course, for those of you familiar with the area).  I'm really tempted to go, but I haven't done much running these past 2 weeks, and I don't want to leave my little one for too long.

QOTD:  I got the shot.  I have to protect the baby from getting sick.  Incidentally, I've read that if you do a few push ups after getting a shot in your arm, it helps with circulating the injection.  This year, after getting the shot, I dropped down & did 10 push ups.  The nurse laughed at me and said I should take it easy instead of doing push ups.  Anyway, my arm didn't hurt as much afterward as it typically does after receiving a shot, so at least it helped with that.

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

4.3 miles around the neighborhood with the dog last night. Hoping to get out for a long run on the trails this weekend. Trying a new method of running long on the weekend and really short during the week to recover. Probably not recommended, but just can't get motivated to run many miles in the dark during the week lately.

Good luck to the racers this weekend! I see there is some sort of live results on the Pony express 100 website. Hopefully they update it so we can keep an eye on how Lace is doing. Need something to entertain myself today...

QOTD: I will most likely get it at some point. My wife works in the medical field and insists we get it. She knows way more about that sort of thing than I ever will, so I listen (usually). I'm not totally convinced it is needed, but don't think it hurts anything either. I definitely don't believe all the conspiracy theories about vaccines.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I ran 5.5 miles last night with the dog around my 'hood.  I was going to bike to work today, but then got lazy.  Oh well.

QOTD: I don't get a flu shot, but I tell my mom that I do because otherwise she nags me all winter.

Running is dumb.

Wandering Wally

5 miles last night.  Forgot my headlamp.  It got dark fast.  Had a bulldog explode out of the bushes at me.  Apparently his/her people were back in the bushes with flashlights doing something.  Geacaching in the dark?  Looking for a place to pee?  Anyway, people should leash their animals on public paths.  Especially in the dark.

QOTD - No.  It's tuned for last year which I've already been exposed to.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

moonlightrunner

I have been absent...not forum worthy as I have worked 4 12 hour shifts in a row. I am having trouble getting out on the trail after dark. Kinda freaks me out if I don't start out with just a little light. Gotta get over it. it is going to be a long winter.

The Pointer and I ran at 0530 this morning. The fall leaves on the ground play havoc withmy depth perception so it was flow. Planning 7 at the state park tonight. I'll end in moonlight. I hope... forecast is for rain. I might even roast marshmallows on the beach in the moonligh to celebrate....I have a pretty happy life.

sugnim: I am so happy for you and your wife. My children are grown...but I now have two adorable grand babies... it is so fun to see them discover the world!

qotd: I work at a hospital. If I did not get the shot I would have to wear a mask all day at work from now until the end of march. It has always worked for me. I do believe in immunizations for kids. Complications fromm the measles almost killed me when I was 5...and caused serious brain damage to one of my mom's best friend's child...all before the vaccine was made available.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Brian Runner

9 miles yesterday. 3 on the trails and 6 on the roads in a warm rain last night. When the storm blew through it must have taken the warm weather with it, as its quite a bit different out there today. This was my first running since Green Monster 50k, by the way, and it was nice to get back out there on my feet. Speaking of the race, finished up by race report last night: http://www.briankunkle.com/2013/10/2013-green-monster-trail-challenge-50k.html

QOTD: Nope.

LB2

I am recovering from some sort of crud I got a couple of day ago. It is definitely a sinus thing, which I hate. My wife had it last week. I think resting today should have me back to 100% tomorrow. I was really on a roll with my running, but a couple of days off is no big deal. But this whole year has been stop.start.stop.start...

QOTD: No. The girls got the shot Wednesday.

LB2

LB2

Good luck, Kelly.

LB2

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

9 miles this morning in the moonlight...including 1/2 mile of single track with headlamp and 1 mile of dirt road in the dark.

Good Luck Kelly, jonfer, and any other racers!

QOTD:  They are free at work so why not.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16