Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 32 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! I am sure everyone is out for some fun long runs...while I get to be at work.

I hope you all have happy trails. Today will be cross training of sorts.. climbing stairs at work.

qotd: pass

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

The pooch and I had a nice chilly 5 mile trail run this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!

I am not going for a long run.  I'm, ummm, tapering, yeah, that's it.  Actually I do have an 8K trail race with NorthernHarrier tomorrow.  Gimp vs gimp.  He's going to beat me by a fair margin.  I do plan on heading out on the bike today for hopefully a good 30+ miles, but we'll see.  It's getting colder and I need to get some last good rides in before it snows.

QOTD: Speaking of snow, if you had to choose between somewhere that you had 6 months of snow during the year or no snow at all, which would you pick?  I like having 4 seasons, but honestly, after 30 years of Wisconsin winters, I feel like I'm finally getting tired of a big part of the year being snowy, cold, and dark.  I'm getting depressed just thinking about winter coming.

Running is dumb.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Maybe a hike later today when the temperature reaches 60 degrees and hopefully sunny. Dorian will still have to be bundled up, but Rocky will love it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Wandering Wally

6.2 miles this morning.

QOTD - It depends.  When the snow is fresh and the sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing too hard, I like winter.  When the sky is grey, the snow had been around awhile and gets that dirty look and the wind is too lazy to blow around you, then I don't like winter so much.

Mandy - Maybe you have a touch of SAD?  Maybe some vitamin D or some time with one of those special lights would help?  My sister gets SAD bad enough that they moved to Arizona.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

moonlightrunner

qotd: hmmm...2 or 3 years ago I would not consider living without a snowy winter. But I am older now. For now I guess I would keep snowy winter because I hate hot Summers. But I feel myself being pulled toward warmer weather.

runtraildc

Morning!  I got in 7.5 early, in the cold, frosty post-dawn.  Most areas here got their first hard freeze last night.  I was running along thinking that my ankle was still a little stiff from rolling it last week.... and crap!  I did it again.  Same ankle, of course, but in the very same section of trail.  Damn lonesome rock hiding under the leaves.

qotd:  Lived my first 25 years in MN.  I miss the snow, but I don't miss the length of winter.  I like knowing that daffodils will be flowering here in March, instead of living with  'mud season' (that dirty, muddy grey 'transition' to spring that takes forever).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Marathon today...chore marathon that is.   Maybe run later or at least walk Earl.  24 planned for tomorrow.

QOTD:  I love the weather here which means maybe two or three weeks of snow but lost of snow an hour away.  However Mandy I would move back to Michigan  in a minute to be near my family if my husband would go for it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

QOTD: I am not crazy about hot weather and love some snow, but snow 6 months of the year might be a bit much.  So it would be a tough choice.  That said I'd probably go for 6 months of snow vs no snow.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Ran for first time in two weeks last night, got in 3 miles and knee was happy!

Moonlightrunner, I'm working all weekend also.

QOTD I love snow, however I shovel it at work, being a hotel we start at the first snow flake until it's done, so I vote for no snow!

Chnaiur

SRD

Having grown up in a very snowy place, I'm now perfectly fine living where I can chose to drive to the snow when I want it. That said, I'm increasingly missing the changing seasons. I really felt cheated of summer this year for example. In the Bay Area, time just floats along, it doesn't pulsate in rhythm with the seasons.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

Got 4 miles up here in New Hampshire trails, still having Achiles issue-feels okay

until about 4 miles. I could probably use the rest anyway.

runtraildc: maybe it was a ghost on that section of trail.

QOTD: I grew up with snow, until 8 years in CA. I think I might like AZ for

the later half of my days, kinda tired of snow.

moonlightrunner

Where in Michigan do you come from?  I do love living michigan. Family makes the weather ok.

Marathon today...chore marathon that is.   Maybe run later or at least walk Earl.  24 planned for tomorrow.

QOTD:  I love the weather here which means maybe two or three weeks of snow but lost of snow an hour away.  However Mandy I would move back to Michigan  in a minute to be near my family if my husband would go for it.

Sandy-2

Spent the day in a plane, so a SRD for me.

qotd: give me snow!!!!!  Houston weather does not include snow and it blows.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Traverse City.

Where in Michigan do you come from?  I do love living michigan. Family makes the weather ok.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄