Trailer Trash

Coffee crisis Sunday (Read 38 times)

NorthernHarrier

Forgot to get more coffee yesterday when picking up a couple things and of course realized itt this morning. Had just enough to eek out a couple cups. I may of had to use some grounds from yesterday too but I would never admit to that. 

So ended yesterday with a good road bike session on a perfect calm evening but my legs feel a little sluggish now this morning. I'll try to get moving shortly with the idea of an hour or so on some hilly single track. Weights and core a little later.

QOTD-- Along the coffee theme--what's your vice, addiction , or whatever besides the need for miles?

Mine is probably too much diet Mt. Dew

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run. There was a pleasant light drizzle most of the way.

QOTD:  Coffee.  Gotta have it Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

SRD mostly due to working today, however, if I was off I would probably be taking it pretty easy, maybe just a light bike ride. At the end of last nights run I was feeling very tired and run down. Looks like it's time to start tapering for my Marathon in two weeks.

QOTD: Right now it's peanut butter cups. I'm already addicted to chocolate and when it's combined with peanut butter it's harder then ever to resist.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me, legs are pretty hashed after yesterday's race- might try to get the DW to go for a short hike

qotd: definitely coffee (well actually double shot latte Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I logged a 6 mile tempo run, followed by some much needed time at the gym. My dog is pissed because I raced yesterday and didn't take her, an I obviously didn't take her on a road run. Gonna change into my trail garb and go do another 8 or so with her so she'll settle down.

QOTD: I have an obsessive personality, so there are many things.

runtraildc

Good morning, trailers!  I'm not sure what is on board for today, but most likely a bike ride and a short run with XC DS.  Storms are in the forecast for most of today, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.  A run this evening in a light rain is my hope.

NH- I hate when that happens.  Usually I have those starbucks via packets in our camping stash, which do in a pinch.

qotd:  Coffee, then sugar, unfortunately.  Preferably mixed with chocolate, like brownies.  or even better, espresso brownies. 

Sandy-2

Did a really nice 10 miles this morning.  Ran with two of the "fast girls" who where also taking it easy today.  We had a nice run catching up on stuff since we hadn't spoken for a while.  One of them is single and told us about a first date she had last night. They were having a lot of fun talking about it and letting me in on a little "girl code" stuff, like how they zone out but then say stuff like "wow" and "really" and throw in a few "that's awesome" when listening to anything that guys say, especially on a first date... funny stuff.

They also wanted to hear more details about my Bighorn and Hardrock since one of them is going to do her first 100 this winter. I got a few "really's" and "that's awesome's"....  

qotd: at the end of a big dinner out, I really like to have something with dark, rich chocolate (usually a flowerless cake will do the trick) with espresso. A Cognac or Armagnac is nice too.

tbd.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

18 miles, 4400 feet of elevation climb. Good run but now I am tired

QOTD: coffee definitely coffee no I haven't had any today yes I'm grumpy. And a beer after a good hard workout always hits the spot b

You people have issues 

NorthernHarrier

So got thru a hilly little trail run. It wasn't pretty on dead legs and it is/was really heating up out there with humidity today. I least I stayed upright though.

runtrail--great minds think alike. Upon seeing the mostly empty coffee my first response was to check my camping stash. Seems I raided that the last time this happened. LOL!  Espresso brownies sound like just the right fix.

Sandy--Wow! That's awesome....er I mean that is a pretty funny story. I'll have to start watching/listening for that myself. It will be a little experiment on my wife and daughter.

moonlightrunner

Just finished my very first 25 miler. My run buddy and I did two 9 mile loops on the horse trails and 7 on a bike trail. On the first 9 mile loop she tripped and fell on a root. Her first trip and fall on the trail. We started the second loop and I heard a loud crash and found myself on my back...looking at the very sizeable tree branch. I was a little stunned...but after walking a bit I was OK. Then, when we got close to where she fell o warned her it was coming up and said with my luck I would trip on it. About 20 seconds later I was stung on the leg by some WASPy looking bug...THEN I TRIPPED ON THE SAME STUMP I WARNED HER ABOUT. That fall really hurt. But...we got going again. I felt pretty good after 25 miles. It really did not hurt until I stopped.

Hey, rtdc...could you pass me one of those espresso brownies? Sounds like a perfect post run treat.

Qotd: without a doubt...coffee.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Like DayDreamer, SRD due to working is the most likely outcome.

The good news is that I played hooky yesterday and rode the Mt. Tam Double Century -- 195 miles, 17,000 feet elevation gain, says my Garmin. Good day out, especially since I have nowhere near the miles one would need for this normally.

QOTD: Coffee, wine

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

The snooze button won the battle this morning, then work all day. But, I'm still up for a run later in the evening. Probably just 4.5 miles, but with 1,700 ft elevation gain. Or maybe I'll double that.

moonlight: Sounds like bad got worse. But you made it through!

QOTD: Diet Vanilla-Cherry Dr. Pepper. Did I mention I put a lot of emphasis on organic food? 

I work in a coffee shop, so as long as it's a work day, my coffee is secured. I like flavored coffee, anything with coconut or rum flavoring.

Run for fun.

Gator eye

Woke up Late and only got 15 quick road miles in instead of the 25 slow I planned

QOTD: evwn though I quit smoking 15 years ago I still enjoy a cigar now and then

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Did a 15 mile out Deerfly mtn bike 3k plusof climbing, ditch the ride, did a 10 mile trail run back to the bike and rode the same route back.  Saw a pair of Rattlers mating which was bizarre to say the least.

ultraendure.blogspot.com