Trailer Trash

Moany Mondaily (Read 239 times)

runfastandie

Hello My fine running friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well.   It is moany mondaily. I've officially decided it is just too cold to run. I haven't run in about a month now!!! I can't believe it. I tried going for a 15 minute run after weight training and I made it all of 8 minutes.  If you could see me now inside my house you'd think I was on top of Everests-down hat and all.

So I moan.

How's everyone doing? I'd love to live vicariously through you all who are much braver than I.  This is by far the coldest winter I can remember in California.

QOTD:  Have you ever been give accolades you don't feel you deserve?

At the gym this week a workout acquaintance said, "so I hear you are an ultramarathoner.".  I was quite excited to say YES!!! Then he goes on to tell me about his friend that has done leadville and Western States and we are "crazy people".  I tried to explain that WS and LV was a whole other category (specifically over 3 times longer than my race) but he wouldn't listen. So I just smiled and took it all in.

BTW- I'm officially published!!!! Proud to be in the quad dipsea rankings of UltraMarathon Magazine.  I think that was the last sunny warm day we've had. The picture sure shows the beauty of the day.

sugnim

Wait, what?  It's still Sunday here in MT.  I haven't even gone to bed yet.  Isn't it even earlier Sunday evening in CA?

skeene07

Dirty Girl

It is now Monday here in PA!

i will do some hot yoga today after some very muddy runs this weekend.

i managed to fall and bust my knee on saturday. It's nice and bruised but funny thing is, it's actually my neck and upper back that are sore!

andie- congrats on the UR named! I don't get tired of seeing my name in there Smile

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Good Morning gang....I'm a little sore and stiff after yesterdays muddy mountain run...69*F and sunny yesterday and today we won't get to 40*F.   WTF??  I'm tired of bundling up to go out for my runs in the late evening......but I still have 2 more months to go.

I'm going to try to get in a few recovery miles tonight...probably 4 or 5 to start the week off on a good foot.

Andie...what part of Cali are you in?  And how cold is cold out there?  Congrats on being published!

Sugnim....its monday now. Smile

Skeene...sounds like you ran in the same conditions I did this weekend.  There were times when running up or down the trail was like running in a stream.  Enjoy your Yoga.

runtraildc

good morning, trailers!

Yesterday was URD due to a yoga injury.  Yes, it's embarrassing just to type that.   Tweaked back feels much better today, so I have 5 miles planned during DSs swim practice tonight.

Andie- welcome 'back'!  hopefully CA will warm up soon.  I think the east coast has your fog and warmth.

Sugnim- It is Monday now.  What's your plan?

Skeene- enjoy hot yoga.  be careful.

mecrowe-- nice run yesterday.

qotd.  Can't think of anything right now.

Birdwell

Morning folks! I decided to shift my workout to this evening. Long night, and it's -13 F this morning. it's supposed to warm up to 7 F tomorrow though!

I'll get in 5 or 6 after work today.

QOTD: nothing really comes to mind.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all! Should have been out on Saturday when it was 50's here or something but called it a rest week.  Trying to utilize a cut back week every so often and even though my mileage is low I wanted to put it into practice.  But did get out for a 5.5 mile run on wet foggy trails yesterday.  Ran in my orthotics for the first time - very weird but not something I can get used to I think. Oh and took a rest day today.

QOTD: No I generally keep to myself and don't get much (or want much) atention).

Have a great day everyone!

Oh and Sandy - sorry for your loss! Your loss is my gain.  Cool

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Recovering from yesterday's road marathon.

boyjamie, better team won, no doubt about it.  Everyone talks about Brady, but Welker is the killer.

qotd: I got nothin.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Did some mud miles around the lake yesterday, while DD was hiking. We found a dead deer between the creek and the trail, seems to have been there for a few weeks.

The boys had fun in the sand and mud, they are just true outdoor kids. I was watching my youngest DS, and he seems to be ready for trail running. He always wants to run with me, but I have been reluctant taking him along for shorter stretches because I am afraid he could fall and get hurt badly. He ran on the trails, jumping over the roots and rocks, mastering puddles, slippery wood bridges and snow/icy patches like a champ. Now the question just is, do I make him into an ultra runner by the age of 5, or is this too soon? Just kidding.

Andie: Hope it will warm up soon! Congrats on getting published!

sugnim: Perhaps a time warp? Fits with the unusual cold, etc. - now I'm sure it all started Dec. 21st!

skeene: Sounds like a bad fall. Hope the neck and knee will heal up soon!

mecrowe: This unstable weather is taking a toll on me, too. Maybe it's there to get us prepared for Western States and all its possibilities?

traildc: Yoga can be dangerous, I always knew it! Hope you're getting better quickly!

Birdwell: Sounds as if you won't need a jacket on today's run! Oh wait, you're talking Fahrenheit, never mind!

Jamie: Nice run yesterday!

Sandy: How did the race go? Enjoy the rest!

Edit: Just read about it in yesterday's dailies. Congratulations, nice race, great time! Especially considering your marathon training. You are just amazing!

QOTD: Not really, I think it has happened once early on in my career, but I don't remember the circumstances or what it was about.

Have a great start into the new week, everyone!

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a balmy 5 degrees here this AM, with windchills in the -10 range, supposedly the last day of this latest arctic blast, fortunately a strenght training day so I won't have to brave it

my "paper" plan for Uwharrie has been thrown out and torn up due to weather, I'd hoped to get a 20 miler in this last weekend, but that was a no go (I somewhat made up for it w/ a 6 mile dreadmill and 9-ish mile x-country ski); I was hoping to squeeze the 20 miler in the middle of this week and while the temps are going to moderate I think snow depth is going to nix me out- I find that running in semi-deep snow reeks havoc w/ my achilles and w/ Uwharrie only a couple of weeks out I want to be extra careful; soooooo....... it's just rolling w/ the flow week Big grin

qotd: non-running friends when they hear about some of my running adventures are often awe struck, but in the running world I'm a rank newbie at best Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Hi all, I'm a regular lurker but I'd like to participate today.

I got out for 7 miles mixed roads/trails last night and ended up doing about 1.5 of it on an active rail trail...the trail I was following dumped onto it.  Anyways, it was kinda scary so I ended up bushwacking it back to the road.

qotd: I did a 5k once with my gf who is not a runner.  Anyways I ran with her and we finished around 32 minutes, but I ended up winning my age group 25-29 by default since I was the only one there.  She placed 2nd.  We got some sweet Turkey trophies out of the deal.

runfastandie: I'm heading to California (LA) today for a conference.  If everything pans out I'm going to try to get some early morning miles tomorrow in the Malibu park area.

**Ask me about streaking**

NorthernHarrier

Brrr! Feels like winter here. Nothing happening for me today. SRD. I will do the weights and elliptical tonight but no impact stuff today. I'm tired and old. Good run yesterday in Rockford though, trails just had a light dusting and it was some excellant running.

andie-glad you're still around.

traildc-yoga injury? Nice.

Slowdown-- You can send J.J. Watt back home now. I think we need him. BADLY!

QOTD--No. I also keep pretty much to myself and on the rare occasion I actually do something kinda heroic I never get any warm fuzzies for that either. But that's the way I like it. Just like to fly under the radar.

SRD for me today. My legs are thankful. I'm tempted to go to yoga because my legs are so tight,  but to me it doesn't count as resting because I'm always so darn sore afterwards! I usually try to combine yoga with an easy run day instead.

QOTD: Um, I suppose I get some unnecessary attention/praise when people ask me about running. But I usually squash it by talking about 100's and 24 hrs and Badwater type stuff, and then my escapades don't seem as impressive/crazy to them Wink

Morning all,

SRD for me today.  Can't believe I'm already starting my taper for Rocky; shit's starting to get real!

qotd: I was listed as the female winner and course record holder for the Middle Fork 50K this past September with a time of 6:20.  Problem was, they neglected to note I had taken the early start (even though I told them when picking up my bib #), so my time was really 7:20.  They eventually got it worked out, however, I was listed as the winner in UltraRunning Magazine!

sugnim

Flash forward to the future!  Good morning all!

SRD for me.  I'll do some yoga tonight to undo some of yesterday's 12 mile snow run in 0 degrees.  I keep telling myself that the soreness that comes with running in snow is due to muscle gain.

QOTD:  Probably.  Although, I can't really think of anything specific at the moment.

Happy Monday everyone.