Trailer Trash

Happy Tuesdailies... (Read 30 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Looks like everyone is out partying early.  I got 5.36 this am and saw a pretty little sun set..wait rise.

QOTD---Any exciting plans tonight?  I am guessing eveyone is staying low, or maybe running as Kelly will be....maybe cocktails-n-trails will do something exciting so we can read about it.  Enjoy.

So Far my plans are maybe a movie, maybe not.  News Years day I am going Mt Biking with the old man and hoping to also go for an am run before with the girls.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Working a 24 hour shift so my running is over for the year. I missed my goal mileage by a couple of hundred miles on the running side of things and was over a 1000 miles short on the biking side . Hopefully next year is better.

QOTD: My only plans are working tonight. Hopefully everybody in my area partys safely and lets me stay in the station all night.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD: My only plans are working tonight. Hopefully everybody in my area partys safely and lets me stay in the station all night.

Yes, I thought about you and another friend who works at 911 having a crazy night. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Low_O2

Hello all.

Got in 7.9 miles along the river trails last night with the dog, while pushing DS in the stroller. Came up on a woman standing along the Rio Grande in either her undies or a bikini and it definitely was not swimming weather. The guy standing there with a camera would suggest that it was some sort of photo shoot, or maybe just trying to get a Facebook profile pic in the nice evening light. Either way, not something you see very often this time of year... Hoping to get out for a few more miles this evening to round out the year.

QOTD: Probably something crazy like getting some take out for dinner and hanging on the couch. I will be surprised if my wife and I stay awake to see the clock turn over to 2014.

muppy

Got in 14.1 on rail and Appalachian trails with some snow flurries to keep me company.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!

QOTD My brother and his family are coming over for dinner. I'm lucky enough to work tomorrow so doubt i'll be up till midnight.

Sandy-2

Did 5 miles this morning.  Just slow and easy.

qotd: going over to a friend's house for a visit, but we'll be home early.  Perhaps we'll stay up 'til midnight, but probably not.  Gosh we're old....

tbd.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

First time on the trails since earlier this month, probably 3 weeks. Rocky and I ran 3.8 miles just to see how the trails are and other than frozen solid, there is still some significant standing water on the many parts of the trails. I wish this area had more trails around here, ones that aren't closed until 7 or 8 a.m. and then closed after 5 p.m Sad

QOTD: Not really, but I do have my alarm set for midnight to get dressed and then register for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (my first marathon, road not trail unfortunately) and then go out and run 7 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Gator eye

No run this morning. Ribs are still hurting, bruised rib take forever to heal. Starting to question whether I'll be able to do the 50 I'm signed up for this weekend.

QOTD: Dinner party at friends house, most likely stay the night in their guest bedroom.

Hi all, 0 miles for me today. With a quick 10 on Sunday and then 5 recovery yesterday I'm actually kind of sore. I guess that's what getting back in shape after 6 weeks off will do.

QOTD: Queen, I'm just attending a party at a friend's apartment tonight, nothing too crazy. But I am positive there will be champagne, my favorite "cocktail" of them all. I waited about 20 minutes in line at the liquor store to buy some at lunch today...my fault for waiting I guess! Not planning to get too tipsy, as I'm running a 5K at noon tomorrow.

XtremeTaper

Took LadyB out to Green Lane and we ran the standard lake loopie today, so approximately 12.5 miles. A pretty slow sloglike run. The knees were a bit more gimpy today then usual. Still good to be out there. Chilly, but not unseasonable for these parts. Nice conditions to start... grey skies, no wind, and snow flurries, however by the time we finished up the clouds were breaking and the cold winds were blowing. The lake is slowly approaching frozen over stage. Plenty of ice now, just not very thick yet, and still some open water in places.

QOTD: No exciting plans. Veg out with the tele and a few brews after visiting the hospital. I've had a few doozies in years past but not for awhile. The best one I remember was 2004, 5, or was it 6? My friend just bought a huge yacht (yes he was wealthy) and we drove it up from the Chesapeake to Philly for the New Year's Eve fireworks. He hosted a large party on the boat and we anchored in the Delaware and ended up about 200 yards from the fireworks barge. Just before the grand finale the police boats came charging up and it was quite the scene with fireworks booming, boat sirens flashing, cops yelling, my buddy freaking, and a boatload of festive partiers. I remember sitting up on the bow lifting up the anchor as my friend shouted, the skies exploded, and we all were waiting to end up in the slammer. Odd though. Once the fireworks ended the police were gone and we went back to the dock and partied some more.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

I had a nice fast 4 mile trail run while Marley slept in. She wasn't at the door when I left and didn't come when I called her, but when I got back she looked mad that I left her home.

QOTD: Just a quiet night at home.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Uh oh... now what?

Ended the year with cross-training (the wood pile).  Our woods are very noisy this year--nuthatches, kinglets (ruby-crowned and golden-crowned), Chestnut-backed chickadees, and winter wrens have taken over the park.  We think it is because the campground is closed; that makes the park much quieter than other years.  The birds aren't disturbed, so they did not migrate any farther.  Today was also highlighted by several ravens, maybe in their first winter, that came surprisingly close to watch me stack wood.  They talk a lot as they watch.

QOTD:  Nothing.  I just noticed we didn't even have the stuff to make a cheesecake.  I will sit at the screen and pretend to be writing as I track ATY.

Happy New Year to you all. I hope peace, health, and happiness fills your year (and life).  Thank you for your support with my book and for being such and interesting group.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sweeping the (running) nation today, I guess. No run this morning, as DH and I were up until after 2 a.m. to clean up a leaking toilet - the house seems to bend in freezing weather, and then the toilet leaks. Only water, though, fortunately, but it happens everytime the temps stay low for longer periods, and our landlord doen S not seem to be capable of taking care of the problem properly. Sigh. At work all day, then I decorated new year's cookies woth the kids. I am suffering from a cold, so I doubt I'll be up until midnight, but we'll see. I could convince my running buddy that running 14 miles tomorrow is just essential, so I won't be suffering all alone then. That's what I call true companionship. QOTD: no plans, probably the kids will beat me today with staying up tonight. I feel old now... Happy new year, everyone!

Run for fun.