Trailer Trash

Superpower Sundaily (Read 254 times)

sugnim

Good morning trailer trash!  I had my bowl of cereal & am sipping a cup of coffee preparing for about 10 miles this morning.  It's 16F out, but that's OK.  On Friday night, at a 5K race,I discovered I have superpowers when I run in the cold & the dark (see below).  That knowledge makes everything easier.

QOTD:  If you could be the best in the world at anything, what would you want to excel & overwhelmingly succeed at?

Me, I would want to be able to grow an orchard of the most delicious, healthiest apples ever grown.

I can shoot lasers from my eyes.

Birdwell

Morning folks. SRD for me.

sugnim, nice laser beams

QOTD: I've given this some thought. I have no idea. 

Two hours and ten minutes in 12F (windchill a big fat 0F). There were some lovely bits, though. I ran the route through the woods next to the Bay of Bothnia that I got lost on last week in the dark. Figured out where I went wrong, and how to deal if I happen to run it again in the dark (look for the lookout tower before going left, idiot!). And I was the only one in the woods today, the snow was still deep, I could see the Bay off to the right, the trees were sheltering me from the wind...nice.

I do wonder though, about one thing...there were some items that looked like horse dung in the woods. There were no horse hoof prints. Like, WTF? Flying horses?

sugnim: the laser beams are indeed impressive! I believe that gets you right into Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

Birdwell: enjoy the rest!

QOTD: I always wanted to be Samantha on Bewitched. Clean up the house with a twitch of the nose. Or, like, twitch myself into another century at will. But most days, I just want the power so the house gets cleaned up without me actually having to do it.

runtraildc

Morning!

7 miles on one of my favorite trails-- not a difficult one, but only a few minutes away and quiet (despite being minutes from the DC beltway).  I typically get to meet a few dogs, also, and today was no exception.  It was big dog day-- a newfoundland, a great dane and 2 weimeraners.

qotd:  nature/landscape photography.  And visiting sugnim's apple orchard.

sugnim

I do wonder though, about one thing...there were some items that looked like horse dung in the woods. There were no horse hoof prints. Like, WTF? Flying horses?

Flying horses would be cool.  Unless you happened to be beneath them at unloading time.  Sounds like it was pretty windy in your area this morning.  I'm guessing the wind blew snowdrifts over the hoof prints.  Either that, or what you really saw were unicorn droppings and you should go hide out & a tree until you can get some photos for us.  Take runtraildc with you for extra awesome photos.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Superpowers indeed! Just put together a few paper battle robot cars for my youngest (he loves them!), and now I'm off to making a batch of Ricotta Lemon Cookies. Not sure if the recipe will work, as I think the Americanization of this original Italian recipe has doubled the amount of sugar (I compared it to other similar original recipes that I have from Austria), and I intend to cut it in half again. We'll see, I am sure they will at least taste great, so if we'll have to scrape them from the cookie sheet with spoons, I'll still call it a success.

sugnim: Wonderful lasers! Reminds me of that Care Bear Stare... Have a fun run in the cold!

Birdwell: Enjoy the Superpowers Rest Day!

majope: Love those flying horses! Scandinavian fairy tales are full of them, so I am sure you just witnessed the real thing.

And why do trails always turn left at the lookout towers? My trail does, too!

QOTD: So many things... Perhaps making people do what I want them to do? Right now, I am a total failure at that, at least with my two youngest boys, it seems.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

URD for me today. Yesterday I went out for 24 trail miles, planned on 4 loops of 6 miles.

Went I left for the second loop my right calf felt like it was cramping up, it continued to 

bother me, but like an idiot I continued on with a third loop. At about 15 miles both calves

were completely seized up, I shuffled to about 17 miles then walked it in. I've had many

issues out there on runs but had never felt anything like that before, by evening I was 

hobbling around. WTF?

Cool shot, sugmin, I love running in the snow.

QOTD: I'd like to be able to help teens get through difficult times, especially things like

depression, drugs, body image stuff.

It'd be cool to fly too.  

AT-runner

Tim

Wow, flying horses and laser beams all in one day.

Did my church in the woods this morning and ran 10 miles rain free (forecast was for rain) and all by myself.  Didn't see any flying horses or monkeys and I possessed absolutely 0 super powers.

QOTD:  I have too many hobbies, or so I've been told, but my favorite is woodworking.  I would love to be a gifted woodworker.  Oh yea, I would also like to eat great apples, look at beautiful landscape photos, identify witches and  be able to block mind control.  And I admire people who work with troubled teens.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning folks Smile  

pretty chilly here this morning as well (18, but thankfully very little wind), had a good 13 miler yesterday- ran w/ a buddy which always results in a quicker pace for some reason (couldn't be that competitive thing I'm sure Big grin)

easy 6 miler along the Yellowstone this morning, the waterfowl are out in full force and a very curious fox as well

qotd- no strong desire to really be the best in the world at anything; but would like to excel and succeed in accomplishing the majority of my bucket list trips (the majority dealing with trail running or backpacking)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Back to a URD for me.

Resting up the ankle. sugnim: nice laser superpower. (I'm resisting making a comment about highbeams... Big grin  Wink

qotd: while I like to think I'm ok, I'd take parenthood.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runfastandie

I'd like to say I'm recovering from my 50K yesterday, but I think I'm still on the decline and recovery might start on Tuesday.  Watching the kids play DJ Hero-  and drinking my coffee. I need to ice bath today at some point.  My foot definitely has issues.

sugnim- love the super powers!

majope- how do you run in deep snow? Are you in snow shoes?

runtraildc- hopefully not those kind of wild dogs that John's trails are closed done for.

Couch- I'm drooling. sounds like an amazing concoction! Put it over ice cream or whipping cream if it turns into pudding!

Jonfer- come work with me! You would have hourly practice.

qotd: I would bet a budgeteer. I'd tell companies (and the State of California) how to save money.  I see so much fraud everyday (state and federal) and there isn't even a PHONE NUMBER for me to call and say- Hey- you know that kid your are paying $800 a month to because he's "disabled" and can't work?  He makes 3K a month dealing. Investigate.  

Anyhow- I'd be one of those people and I'd be freaking awesome at it (clearly- since you'd said I'd be best in the world).

majope- how do you run in deep snow? Are you in snow shoes?

Nah, not that deep--just in contrast to the packed-down snow in the more-heavily-traveled areas. Think ankle-deep, maybe mid-calf where it's drifted. You just have to pick your feet up higher or slog through it. Or try to step in other footprints, when there are some (but that really gets old fast, because they're unlikely to be the same stride length). Makes the going tough at times, but it sure is pretty!

Hobby Jogger

2.7 miles of trail speedwalking today.  Someone suggested I practice walking fast, but I have to say my HR still got pretty high for what seemed like a pretty poor result.

5/4/19 - Twilight Zone 24 Hour

Trail Monster

15.65 miles at an incredible pace (for me)! Have a good day yinz!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Watoni

37 miles and 4100 feet on the bike. Cold and damp at home, sunny at the coast, foggy chilly in the redwoods on the way back. Still an awesome ride. Much easier on the ankle to ride, so will keep that for a while ...

Healing powers of the Elves in LOTR, perhaps